The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Violence box mod

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by Ivan Michalko, Feb 5, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ivan Michalko

Ivan Michalko Senior Member

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    images-2.jpg HTB1hOFMLpXXXXXwXpXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg Anyone ever hear of the violence box mod? If you have what did you like or not like. I got one coming from slowtech (fasttech) I'm hoping it' good. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    I don't want to sound facetious, but this might have been a question to ask before you ordered it :).
    I don't have one nor have I heard of them, perhaps someone will be along soon who does.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    looks ok to me...280W though?

• Like Like x 2
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I like it's looks too, although I haven't heard of it before. I think the only way it will do 280 watts is if you hook it up to your car battery, but that's a complaint to be made of many of the "higher rated" two battery mods.

I don't know why they are bothering. Why spend extra money "making" a board that can reach that wattage when no batteries currently on the market are supporting it? I guess one might say... planning for the future, but I have a hard time buying into that one. To justify cost? Perhaps.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    For $20, it's not a bad price but I wouldn't trust it down to .2 to be honest. It's a series mechanical box mod. It's probably got the same protection chip as a Noisy Crickett 2, (minus the VV/VW ability) which I wouldn't push to the limit.

Again not a horrible price but a Crickett 2 would have done more for the same price and could have been gotten faster through Ebay. You live and learn though, plus it's something different. Just make sure you start reading up on batteries and ohms, if you don't already know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Anyone find the name "violence" for a mechanical mod amusing? Kinda like using "TrustFIRE" for naming a battery that was known to explode or flame. :blink:

I strongly suggest @Ivan Michalko read:

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod
    • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to make it even simpler to understand.
    FOR SAFETY'S SAKE: KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNREGULATED SERIES AND PARALLEL TWO-BATTERY BOX MODS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Finally honesty in advertising?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    Ya I know but for $25 even of it ain' good I ain' out much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    Ya I've seen that over and over again and others in the last 6 years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    I'd be scared to death to use a $20 mod that was regulated. 280 watts makes me even more afraid of it. But I'm old. I think I'll stick to tearing down buildings.....seems safer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa

It non regulated and 280w is the highest it'll go. Does not mean it will fire 280w all the time. It depends on the build you put on top. And yes they have giving it a bad name just like trustfire and such but at least it was made for vaping unlike trustfire was made for flashlights.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    Also I did look into the noisy cricket 2, but I wanted something that my armageddon elite v2 would fit on. And this is exactly 28.5mm just like the elite. The cricket is only 25mm.

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    And also at the builds I make are usually around 0.45 ohms. So at 8.4v that would be close to 157 watts. Witch would put my pulse at 18.67 amps on 2 sony vtc5a's. And that' on fully charged batteries. So tell me how is that unsafe? As I would be pushing 18.67 amps pulse on batteries rated at 25 amp continuous. And the cdr of 25 amps continuous is from mooch.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    For the elite v2 my usual build is with 24g k1 round wire with 3mm inner diameter 10 wraps each for dual coil.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    If it's something you feel comfortable with, I'm happy for you. I wish I could find a $20 mod that I felt good about.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @Ivan Michalko as a newer member we have no way of knowing that you are educated and sensible when it comes to mech use. Maybe until we get to know you better you add that info in your 1st post. Safety is uppermost in our minds if we don't know if you are a newb or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    Well most news say they are. And I was just asking if anyone has heard of the device and if so what they thought.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My point was don't get defensive. Many new users do not tell you they are new if they've been lurking. They don't want us tell them what they don't want to hear. Never assume a poster knows what they are talking about, unless you are familiar with them or the topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ivan Michalko

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    True but like some seemed to do on here is put it down or call you stupid. Not to seem mean but that makes people not wanna ask for advice.

20. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    I think you are being too sensitive.

• Agree Agree x 1