Violence box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
@Ivan Michalko as a newer member we have no way of knowing that you are educated and sensible when it comes to mech use. Maybe until we get to know you better you add that info in your 1st post. Safety is uppermost in our minds if we don't know if you are a newb or not.

And you mentioned as a newer member. Where you talking about me or you?
Because I've been on here sense November 8th of 2014

Reactions: stols001

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
I like it's looks too, although I haven't heard of it before. I think the only way it will do 280 watts is if you hook it up to your car battery, but that's a complaint to be made of many of the "higher rated" two battery mods.

I don't know why they are bothering. Why spend extra money "making" a board that can reach that wattage when no batteries currently on the market are supporting it? I guess one might say... planning for the future, but I have a hard time buying into that one. To justify cost? Perhaps.

Anna

I can understand that. I mean. I remember when I used to say why are they making these 50w devices when I was vaping at 20w. Then they went to 100w and then 150w and so on. On this it has a cutoff at 280w. It'll all depend on what you build or put on the top. But I do thank you for not cutting me down or any of that like some on here. Have a good day and vape on.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You asked about a $20 mod from China that is wired in series and does 280 watts. I simply told you I thought it was a scary scenario. I certainly didn't call you stupid or make fun of you. Next time, you might want to include in the op "say it's awesome or don't comment...".
Either way, sorry if I made you feel stupid . It was never my intent .

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
And also at the builds I make are usually around 0.45 ohms. So at 8.4v that would be close to 157 watts. Witch would put my pulse at 18.67 amps on 2 sony vtc5a's. And that' on fully charged batteries. So tell me how is that unsafe? As I would be pushing 18.67 amps pulse on batteries rated at 25 amp continuous. And the cdr of 25 amps continuous is from mooch.

Yeah but you're running series not parallel, so you're about maxed out on the batteries. In reality you won't get many hits at all.

True but like some seemed to do on here is put it down or call you stupid. Not to seem mean but that makes people not wanna ask for advice.

Some may be putting others down, sure, but in most cases it's trying to push the importance of safety. Then there are people who like to kid and sometimes how it's typed, isn't how it's meant, that's why I try to throw in a lol or something to let people know I'm kidding (I do forget). In short you have to have a little thicker skin on here or any online forum really. There's some folks that thrive on starting up some heat or maybe had a bad day.

I've had loads of mods from mech to regulated. I still use mechs but I'm getting more into my regulated as I'm changing flavors (just work better at higher temps/watts). I'm going to be honest with you, after about a month (if that long), you're going to be shelving this mod.

Running series is better on an adjustable device, you can tailor it and get better battery life. A parallel mod would probably suit you better to give more life and could build a little lower to make up the voltage difference.

I'm vaping .19 right now at 75w and it's warm. I also build in the .3 to .5 range and have never gotten to 8v ever, just way too hot. Matter of fact the highest I've ever gone on .4 is 4.8v, hence why an adjustable works better. If it's too hot you have to tear out and rebuild, you're just stuck (opposite a regular mech).

Now if you're using a regulated device now at 8.4v by all means run with it but if you aren't, be prepared to change your position on resistance. I've seen people run high like you're speaking but that are few and far between, plus are running some crazy thick wire build.

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
Apologies you are showing full member.

Apologies accepted. I' not saying all but quite a few on here send off a negative adatude that either
Yeah but you're running series not parallel, so you're about maxed out on the batteries. In reality you won't get many hits at all.

Some may be putting others down, sure, but in most cases it's trying to push the importance of safety. Then there are people who like to kid and sometimes how it's typed, isn't how it's meant, that's why I try to throw in a lol or something to let people know I'm kidding (I do forget). In short you have to have a little thicker skin on here or any online forum really. There's some folks that thrive on starting up some heat or maybe had a bad day.

I've had loads of mods from mech to regulated. I still use mechs but I'm getting more into my regulated as I'm changing flavors (just work better at higher temps/watts). I'm going to be honest with you, after about a month (if that long), you're going to be shelving this mod.

Running series is better on an adjustable device, you can tailor it and get better battery life. A parallel mod would probably suit you better to give more life and could build a little lower to make up the voltage difference.

I'm vaping .19 right now at 75w and it's warm. I also build in the .3 to .5 range and have never gotten to 8v ever, just way too hot. Matter of fact the highest I've ever gone on .4 is 4.8v, hence why an adjustable works better. If it's too hot you have to tear out and rebuild, you're just stuck (opposite a regular mech).

Now if you're using a regulated device now at 8.4v by all means run with it but if you aren't, be prepared to change your position on resistance. I've seen people run high like you're speaking but that are few and far between, plus are running some crazy thick wire build.
I agree bout shelving the mod. That' about how long any mod lasts for me except for the exceptional few. I figured if I don't like it in series I possbly can do what I do best sometimes is mod it and make it parallel. And yes I can understand bout taking things the wrong way in text. It just seemed a ot were basically saying that I don' know what I'm doing even though I've been using mechs sense 2012. I just don' post on here very often and it' been a while.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I also used to build boxes for a few vape shops around here until it was cheaper just to buy a prebuilt box with higher power for cheaper then what I paid for just the parts
This is exactly where my concern stems from. As a mod builder, doesn't a mod that retails for less than you can buy the parts for kinda make you wonder? I mean, you have parts, labor, profit, overhead.....all for less than you can even buy the components for.
I have no issues with you running a series mech or knowing how to build for it. My point was simply that I'd be afraid to push the button. I would like this thread better if you were the one who built the mod.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
And also at the builds I make are usually around 0.45 ohms. So at 8.4v that would be close to 157 watts. Witch would put my pulse at 18.67 amps on 2 sony vtc5a's. And that' on fully charged batteries. So tell me how is that unsafe? As I would be pushing 18.67 amps pulse on batteries rated at 25 amp continuous. And the cdr of 25 amps continuous is from mooch.

The parameters of a high amp pulse are much more than just a push of the button and not even applicable to vaping.

Last edited:

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
This is exactly where my concern stems from. As a mod builder, doesn't a mod that retails for less than you can buy the parts for kinda make you wonder? I mean, you have parts, labor, profit, overhead.....all for less than you can even buy the components for.
I have no issues with you running a series mech or knowing how to build for it. My point was simply that I'd be afraid to push the button. I would like this thread better if you were the one who built the mod.

I can understand that. Just bought it to see. I probably won' even like it and mod it to my own specs if at all possible. And I'm always cautious with anything I use for the first time

Ivan Michalko

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
canton, oh, usa
Ok. Update it hits hard at 0.5 ohms with dual Clapton with the hive rta.
20180222_182654_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread