Not open for further replies.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
Hello everyone,

I received my first order from Virgin Vapor the other day and have had time to go through them all.

First, I ordered July 8th, received shipping notification on the 12th and it came via USPS on the 16th. So, overall a little over a week.

Second, Annette threw in a couple extra samples, which was very kind.

Next, they are all packaged in glass amber bottles, presumably to retain their maximum flavor and freshness. Logical, but a bit worrisome, as I tote my liquids in my purse, which gets the usual amount of female abuse, so there is the inherent concern with breakage. Only the French Vanilla Kiss and one of the sample bottles came with droppers. The sample sizes were 4.3 ml.

OK, on to the reviews. All of these were done on my mini Lambo with a drip tip and atomizer at 5.0 twice. With the exception of the French Vanilla Kiss, which was
50/50 PG/VG at 9 mg nicotine, all of these were 100% VG at 12 mg nicotine.

French Vanilla Kiss- I ordered this based on all the rave reviews on her site and here. I thought this one was very good. Strong vanilla flavor and aroma. Sweet but not too sweet.
I am a bit of a vanilla-holic, and have tried several other versions. This one was good, but mild to my taste. Still it is one that would be good on its own when you don't want something overpowering or good mixed with other flavors. I have used it with some of my straight tobacco flavors to mellow them out a bit without adding sweetness. :)

Creme Caramel- Incredible! This is a nice sweet vape. Creamy, flavorful and fragrant. Definitely a keeper. I really enjoyed this one. I also have the Clouds of Vapor Creme Caramel coming, so am looking forward to seeing how they compare. Overall would highly recommend this to anyone who prefers dessert flavors. There were no negatives with this one for me, and it was great right out of the box.
:)

Maple French Toast- Tasty and sweet with a pronounced maple aroma. I didn't detect a whole lot of cinnamon or butter undertones, which are key components in making French Toast, but thought it was very good overall. The maple itself had a strange chemical element to it on inhale, reminding me for some odd reason of walking into an indoor pool area! It dissipated quickly and was far less noticeable on exhale. Perhaps it is just a different kind of maple flavor from what I am used to or perhaps it will just disappear with more time to steep. Overall nice but not perfect out of the box.
:unsure:

Eggnog- Wonderful aroma right from the bottle. Excellent flavor and taste throughout. Creamy, not too egg-y, but distinctly eggnog-y. Slight undertone of brandy with balanced sweetness. Much better than the two Eggnogs I have from other vendors. Not a whole lot of nutmeg detectable. The best one I have tried yet. Would vape this when wanting mellow .
:)

Fresh Thai Mango- Very strong mango flavor, fruity and taste 'fresh'. However, it was too perfume-y for my liking. Perhaps I buy too many hair and body soap products, but it really reminded me of something I would use as a body product, rather than eat or vape. Might use it in the future, but it may just go into storage until I really crave something fruity and super-fragrant. It would be good mixed into a lemonade or cocktail flavored liquid to tone down the aroma, but keep the sweet, fresh, fruitiness.
:ohmy:

Naked Vanilla- Lots of vanilla flavor, but I got an odd undertone of 'fresh band-aid' when I vaped it at first. Later this disappeared altogether and it was a nice, light straight vanilla. A bit sweeter than French Vanilla according to my tastes. Haven't mixed it with anything else yet, but probably will.
:unsure:

I thought customer service was commendable without being intrusive, and will probably order more from Virgin Vapor in the near future.

Here is their link: Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

So, I hope that helps anyone trying to make vendor and flavor choices.

Have a fruitful and blessed day!

cnew

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I assume that you vaped these within 24 hours of their arrival to your home. Being a huge fan of Annette's juices, I can tell you that nearly all of them will benefit hugely by allowing them to steep for a few days, if not a week or two. I'm not sure if it is because of her base liquids or the fact that most of her juices are organic and 100% VG.

One of my top three juices always in my daily rotation is her Kona Velvet Milkshake. Without a doubt the finest vape I've ever had. Extremely smooth, flavorful, and just plain satisfying. Easy an all day vape. I can best describe it to new users as a Starbuck's Frappe.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
I assume that you vaped these within 24 hours of their arrival to your home. Being a huge fan of Annette's juices, I can tell you that nearly all of them will benefit hugely by allowing them to steep for a few days, if not a week or two.

Hi Baditude,
Yes, you are right, and I WILL let them all steep. I like to see what is good right out of the box, though (impatience is my Cross). I will post an update on the flavors that were less than incredible after a few more weeks. Nonetheless, lesson learned...I will refrain from writing more flavor reviews until juices have had time to steep, develop and finalize their flavors. I believe Virgin Vapor is a highly reputable vendor and certainly did not intend to tarnish their reputation in any way, just to provide some immediate feedback in this forum.

One of my top three juices always in my daily rotation is her Kona Velvet Milkshake. Without a doubt the finest vape I've ever had. Extremely smooth, flavorful, and just plain satisfying. Easy an all day vape. I can best describe it to new users as a Starbuck's Frappe.

KVM is actually in my cart right now!!! Can't wait to try it as it sounds wonderful!!

Have a great day!

cnew

wokkerk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Organics "usually" are based in a heavy amount of ethyl alcohol, so need alot of steeping =(.

I ordered a few samplers from Virgin Vapor and I was not a fan of the three flavors I got a week ago at first...I let them steep with tops off for two days and then just sit for the rest of the week in a dark closet and revisited them last night. They were a lot better and a cleaner flavors once everything melded all together but not quite there yet in my opinion. After reading this review and the countless other reviews on the net which brought me to order in the first place I will let them steep another couple weeks more and hopefully have better results.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
Hi again,
I have given VV's juices some time to steep and broke them out again this weekend. Wow! They are ALL terrific! While I think I'm just not keen on Mango or Maple flavors now, it is no reflection on the quality of her product. Ironically, I love the Naked Vanilla the most of all those I ordered! It has really matured and deepened its flavor with 'age'. I will definitely order from Annette again soon! Highly recommend these flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread