vision cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
nevermind... it was pretty self-explanatory after I took a closer look at the innards.

I filled it, let it sit for about fifteen minutes, and after a few drags it's already tasting burnt. I also got two new attys that I can't seem to get the horrid primer taste out of.

So... this thing can't be taken apart or rebuilt at all, it seems. I'm kind of thinking I just wasted fourteen bucks on two of them because I've found I need a good cleaning after about 2ml of the 100% VG VV juices. :(

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
This is my first time using an atty so I have nothing to compare it to. I knew that you are supposed to blow out the 'primer fluid" and then drip, let it sit, and give it a puff. I blew it out about six times (after dripping onto it, hoping some juice would help flush out the primer fluid) and it still tasted AWFUL. I then gave it a good soak & rinse in hot hot water and let it sit a few hours, and now it is fine. I think they're good attys... just, OMG, wash it first.

DesertHogRider

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Southern Arizona, USA
An atomizer is the perfect way to taste test multiple flavors.

New atomizer...blow out with an air compressor, 4 drops juice, puff, puff, puff (don't inhale this) Prime with a drop or two & Vape. 2 drops is enough juice, anymore floods it.

If you get the metallic taste not enough juice.

Clean between flavors by soaking in 91% isoproply alcohol. Dries fast, removes flavors & VG gunk.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
nevermind... it was pretty self-explanatory after I took a closer look at the innards.

I filled it, let it sit for about fifteen minutes, and after a few drags it's already tasting burnt. I also got two new attys that I can't seem to get the horrid primer taste out of.

So... this thing can't be taken apart or rebuilt at all, it seems. I'm kind of thinking I just wasted fourteen bucks on two of them because I've found I need a good cleaning after about 2ml of the 100% VG VV juices. :(

That's why I don't like them. You pretty much have to keep rolling your e-cig around to keep the mop strings saturated to avoid that burnt taste. :D

Cartos rule in kittypie's world! :)

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Of all the mop string clearos, those actually work pretty good with some slight modifications. They are fog machines and can be cleaned/dry burned multiple times. I used those for quite some time with pretty decent results. I think they actually hit better than the vivi.

Here's a how to.
VaporChase Tutorial - Modding a Vision v2 Clearomizer - YouTube

Last edited:

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
Thanks, TJ, and nice to see ya! :)

(I love youtube vids about vaping...the visual is always so helpful to me!)

Likewise, Kitty.

Those clearos are of a type that you can actually get good at using as they are pretty consistent. I used to get some of the silicone gaskets cut to work pretty much perfectly with regard to predictability, and would just keep them for subsequent replacements. Like you, I am a carto person now. I rarely have to fuss with much of anything these days.

My initial venture away from cartos was because of the 808's. They would gunk up too quickly and many were noticeably inconsistent from one to the next in a package even. Since discovering the larger smok tech version, I have had next to no issues with them. I think the larger size must make them easier to assemble more consistently at the factory. I have taken them apart before. They are definitely more easy to inspect and surely must make quality control easier for the manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread