Vision Clearomizer Misalignment with Mouthpiece: Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mary_from_nashville

Jan 15, 2013
Nashville
I stopped smoking and started vaping a week ago with an eGo-C battery + Vision Clearomizer. I have two batteries and two clearomizers... One of the clearomizers has lost alignment with the mouthpiece, as a result, I am not getting a good seal/suction and cannot produce vapor with that clearomizer anymore. I don't know what happened but the post inside that contains the heating element is leaning slightly to one side preventing the mouth piece from lining up with it correctly. I have disassembled/reassembled the clearomizer's parts several times and cannot correct the problem.

Has this happened to anyone else / can anyone offer suggestions for how to fix it? Thanks!! Please see the photo...

brokenclearomizer.jpg

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Maybe the plastic is separating from the metal band at the bottom of the unit.
Wiggle it back into place.

This is most likely the issue. Be very careful when wiggling as it is very easy to crack the plastic in that area; it is much thinner inside the metal ring.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Take it back apart and pull off the plastic sleeve (at the top of the atomizer, with the little stainless tube sticking out). Then just put the sleeve back on - but not all the way down.

With the drip tip / mouthpiece OUT, reassemble the bottom end. Then put the drip tip back in and let it finish pushing the plastic sleeve down - as far as it needs to be.

I have a couple with slightly skewed center posts, and haven't had your problem, so hopefully this will help.

mary_from_nashville

Jan 15, 2013
Nashville
I got it to work again! I removed the tank/cover and screwed the heating coil base onto the battery first before replacing the tank/cover...then I screwed on the mouthpiece...and voila! I assume it was in fact a threading issue so that not only was my mouthpiece not making perfect seal but also my battery was not making full contact to the heating element.

Thank you all for the suggestions and I hope this post helps someone out there because I couldn't find this problem documented online.

Cheers! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread