Vision Spinner Button Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluggo

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Sweden
Short update:
I've had this in my jacket pocket at work as usual this entire week. Still no issues :)
If it is of any use, Ive been using "Loctite Super Glue Precision"
0-Huge-0.jpg

grunge_softly

Nov 26, 2013
ATL
I simply laid my vision spinner down, picked it back up, and the button was jammed in. I'd only had it for 3 days! I am so disappointed because otherwise, this is my favorite battery so far. The local B&M vape shop that I bought it from will most likely exchange it for a new one, but I'm not sure that it's even worth it after visiting this thread. I can get it back to normal working order after a couple minutes of banging and prying. I really hope that vision fixes this very annoying issue as this is an otherwise amazing product.

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
I had mine in my pocket as usual and my 2 month old spinner button sunk into the case. After reading this thread I simply folded one of my socks and gripped around the button end with my leatherman pliers and rocked it back and forth slowly but strongly until it came loose. Once I saw the end coming loose I pulled it out with my hand slowly to not break the wires. All I did then was cut a piece of cardboard so it would fit on top of the battery and under the circuit board and slid it into place with tweezers. I pushed the circuit board up as far as I could until the button functioned then pushed the cap on carefully. Seems to work great so far, time will tell. Took all of 3 minutes.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
I got one like this today. The button wouldn't move and the light went on an off at random. I decided to open it up discovered the culprit was the micro switch on the circuit board. These sometimes break although I now wish I got the Ego Twist instead.

EDIT:Ordered from a different vendor(thread came up on google search)

I have a friend who has been through several aftermarket "twist" type batteries. His OEM eGO has outlasted 3 others. I know the aftermarkets are cheaper and the good vendors will replace them if they are defective, but the hassle of having to send them back, wait, etc...is it worth saving a few bucks now to end up spending the difference later?
For me? Nope. I don't like working on my stuff...I like vaping on it.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Took it apart and yep, the hotglue in the topcap had come off and the circuitboard fallen down.
Pretty little room to work with without breaking off the cables, so I wasn't sure what to do to make it stick in place without breaking the cables.
Tried putting superglue on top of the hotglue and press it back into place. Not perfect, and I don't expect it to hold, but for now, after letting it dry up, it seems to stay in place. We'll see if it comes off in a few days again.

Hot Glue? Hot Glue? You gotta be kidding me. I see a problem right there. Hot Glue softens too easy when subjected to heat. Batteries get warm, glue fails and the user is "gooched".

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I personally have had no trouble with the clones! I get the ones from FastTech for $12.00. I do have a lot of PVs so none gets that much wear, that might be why they rarely break anymore. The only problem I ever have now is either losing them, or the threads wearing out so much that I have to put a 510 adapter on top. I've gotten both the EVOD clones and the Twist clones and they have all been fine. I get the smallest they have - either 450 or 650.

Erica1616

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Massachusetts
I had the same thing happen. Button fell into tank but would still fire when hit just the right way. Come to find out its a knockoff vision spinner. The store I bought from just opened and got a batch of knockoffs which all seemed to have the button problem. They replace it and no longer order the knockoffs. But the problem is that china is making them so good now with all the same exact etchings and boxes that you don't know until it's too late. If you got one of these I'm sorry I would tell the person you purchased it from to make them aware. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread