Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Yes, I've been using the V2 (actually V3 according to Vision Cigar, the manufacturer) with the long wicks for the past week and they're working great. The only difference I've seen so far is that it tends to wick better than the short wick version, so you don't have to do the "twirl" thing as the juice levels go down. Other than that, the performance is about the same.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Awesome! Cleaning wise, is it just as easy?

I would say yes, but then I don't do the extensive cleaning that others might. I just do a hot (tap) water rinse when changing flavors and an alcohol soak about once a week. With this method I get about 2 to 3 weeks out of each one with moderate use.

I saw a new CE5+ on Discount Vapers the other day which is rebuildable and should be much easier to clean and maintain, but I haven't tried one yet:
eGo CE5+ Rebuildable Clearomizer

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
I ordered the CE5 from discount vapors...giving it a go now...at first, very disappointed, but it seems to be getting better as it breaks in. When this juice is done (it was a new juice :facepalm:), I will try one of my main vapes and see if the flavor is as muted as it appears...will also try this new juice in a fluxo and see if the flavor improves...

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I ordered the CE5 from discount vapors...giving it a go now...at first, very disappointed, but it seems to be getting better as it breaks in. When this juice is done (it was a new juice :facepalm:), I will try one of my main vapes and see if the flavor is as muted as it appears...will also try this new juice in a fluxo and see if the flavor improves...

Let us know how your main juice fairs in the CE5. I'll probably be looking to get a couple of these for my eGo batteries if they work well.

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
OK...rinsed and dry-burned...modded the silicone cap around the wicks slightly (just expanded the opening). Using MTBaker's Menthol (previously used in an LR Stardust)...much better vapor and draw, but still not a lot of flavor. For comparison, I put the butterscotch that I had in it originally into a Fluxo, and there was much more flavor. Maybe it needs to break in a bit more, as it is better now, but I'm going to give it a good run and finish this bottle of Menthol in it (about 8ML - 4 fills) and see what's up...so far I give it 3 out of 5...4 for being able to rebuild. BTW this is on an EGO Twist @ 4.2-4.4

My long-wick Stardust was DOA by the way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread