Status
Not open for further replies.

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I think the leak issue has been solved on the latest version. I'd also like the try the Vision Grande with the 4 wick design. Maybe MV will add those to their lineup sometime soon.

Was thinking of checking them out also, but dont like those flat tips on
some of those cartos. I had another vision carto that was ok but also had
that flat tip that I dont like.

When they get the vision ego clearomizers in check them out, very good
and you can even rebuild the coils. http://www.madvapes.com/Vision-eGo-Clearomizer-21-24-Ohm-4-Pack_p_3551.html

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I was going to mention the same thing about the flat tip mouthpiece! There not bad but aren't quite my favorites either. I sort of missed the boat on those Vision eGo Clearomizers. I'll get a notification the next time that they're in stock. How do you rebuild the coils? I haven't attempted that yet but would like to give it a shot.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Welllllllp: Leak issue on V3=Not solved. Have only run some 100% VG juices thru it thus far, but mine has an issue of sometimes wicking juice into the center tube which then causes gurgling/mouthful o' juice, and (heavy!) pooling of juice at the battery connector (and ive never filled it past 2/3ish). Other times it doesn't wick enough and dry hits result. Pity, as they're very well-made and easy to fill, but...unless I got a bad one (as happens with the clearos occasionally) Vision needs to keep on keepin' on towards V4.

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
I just ordered the Vision Stone Tank Clearomizer yesterday and was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with them. I've been a fan of modded CE2's (syringe/tank mod) and I'm curious how these stack up. Thanks....

Vision 5ml 2.0 Ohm Stone Tank Clearomizer[/QUOTE
Hey Wolf - you prob have your tanks by now, just thought I'd chime in - I have a few of these and like 'em - if you haven't discovered already, these can only be filled halfway - otherwise they tend to flood the cup, leak down the tube and out the bottom and gurgle when you take a hit - even at half it's still quite a bit of juice and @ 2ohm they pump out a ton of vapor even on my little 3.7 Riva, almost equal to my 6v mod w/DCT tank - what you got is version 2, there is a version 3 now and the bottom cap has a removable center post, cup, coil and wick but unfortunately this replacement unit is not compatible with your tank - if you like the tank, you'll have to wait for V3 but from that point on you'll be able to just replace the guts instead of buying more tanks - the version 2 is lasting pretty well though - I've cleaned and dry burned one of these 4 times and still working like new.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I've been using one for a few days now. The only issues that I've had were that it tends to leak into the rubber piece that covers the ceramic cup if you lay it on its side or turn it upside down. Also, when unscrewing it from a PV, you have to be careful to turn it from the bottom ring or it will come apart. I found out the hard way. I wasn't paying attention and got juice everywhere! Besides that, it performs like a beast and seems to vape better and better as is breaks in. It would be nice if MV would stock the replacement parts (hint, hint). It's a lot cheaper to replace the "innards" rather than the whole thing.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Also, when unscrewing it from a PV, you have to be careful to turn it from the bottom ring or it will come apart. I found out the hard way. I wasn't paying attention and got juice everywhere!

Heh, I did the same thing earlier today, lawdy what a mess. Gahh! Hopefully a mistake I'll only make once :D

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Nylon or silicon will seal it right up. Also, for the DIY fix, plumbers tape (teflon tape) will seal it up easily. Teflon will not seep into the liquid either.
Ever since I unscrewed the bottom cap (dumping my liquid), it's been slowly leaking through the threads. It's not too bad...just enough to be annoying! After I use up all the liquid in the tank, I'll clean it up, dry it, and see if that fixes the problem.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Another thing to add to the list of things to watch out for: the 510 connector is split into halves, and one or both of these halves can come to be bent inwards which can at the least cause the tank to wobble, and at worst I could see it destroying the threads of whatever it is connected to. Mine became thusly bent and I have no idea what I did to cause it...afaik it's only been subjected to what I would consider normal usage....hasn't been jammed into a pocket or anything else I can think of. The half-threads can of course be easily bent back into position, but it seems metal fatigue occurs with the first incident, making them prone to bending again...perhaps only under the tank's own weight. All in all, this thing's got a few too many issues, which collectively make me want to chuck it in the drawer, though i'll hang on to it in case it's parts work with the inevitable (if Vision wants to keep selling them) revised version.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
Ever since I unscrewed the bottom cap (dumping my liquid), it's been slowly leaking through the threads. It's not too bad...just enough to be annoying! After I use up all the liquid in the tank, I'll clean it up, dry it, and see if that fixes the problem.

I heard that if you screw the bottom cap back on to tight it causes it to leak slowly from the threads, you might want to try just screwing it in till it is firm, and not till its "tight" im like that with everything i screw in and im glad i read about screwing it in to tight causing leaking because i know for sure that when my vision stone arrives the first thing i would have done if i had not read about that would be make sure its all screwed together tightly which could aparently end up making it leak for some reason lol

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Screwing the tank tube on too tight causes the threads to lift up on the tube, leaving an air gap. 2 wraps of plumbers tape solves that problem. For the cup insulator leaking issue just check out the e2/cE2 carto threads. A little tinkering when you first get it and these tanks will last a long time. I have had an E2 last 10 months in constant rotation.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
received my vision stone tank, its not "leaking" per say... its more like very slightly oozing out the threads, just enough to where if you take a paper tower and touch the plastic around the bottom it makes the paper towel wet. and the gurgling is really annoying when it floods the center tube, but honestly this tank is nowhere near as bad as the 2 DCT's i have, which will litterally leak out the full 3.5 or 5 ml's of juice thats put in them within 20 minutes (through the battery connection, if any and i mean any juice is touching the small hole in the carto thats inside the tank).

hooflabablah

Mar 30, 2012
KY, USA
sooo, who DOES carry the replacement parts for this model?
Vision 5ml 2.0 Ohm Stone Tank Clearomizer
This one's the version 3 right? I order everything from madvapes, so i was pretty disappointed when i didn't see the innards for sale.

I've only had mine for 4-5 days now, and other than the pain of changing flavors, i love it. I put some teflon tape on it, because it was just barrrreeelly oozing from the bottom threads. Good now though.

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
sooo, who DOES carry the replacement parts for this model?
Vision 5ml 2.0 Ohm Stone Tank Clearomizer
This one's the version 3 right? I order everything from madvapes, so i was pretty disappointed when i didn't see the innards for sale.

I've only had mine for 4-5 days now, and other than the pain of changing flavors, i love it. I put some teflon tape on it, because it was just barrrreeelly oozing from the bottom threads. Good now though.

I bought mine here, but they only let you buy 2.

GotVapes VISION Stone 2 Innards [gv-vision2-innards] - $3.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread