Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hey Hoog!

I imagine my order is pretty far along by now, but if you can sneak a black or red one in there you're welcome to shave some of my points. ;)

No biggie though, I can always place another order once they're up. I need a drawing of a bear playing a banjo, anyway. :)

Have you tried these yourself Hoog? Just curious how you liked them....

Hey Banjo, we've got the metal bodies in but didn't have time to put them on. I'll take a peek for your order.

hoog

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I swapped between this and a Stone tank all weekend and really llke them both. I did find, that if you fill to the top of the tank they can get a little gurgly so I ended up refilling to about the 2/3rds point and they've been great so far. I used the 1.8 ohm on a gripper with the extension. The stone tank was a 2.0 ohm. I'm typically not a tank person but I really liked not having to refill my carto all weekend.

I'm back to the Nova tank this morning and found that when I get down to about a quarter of a tank, I can get a little burnt taste here and there until I tilt it. I found this with the stone tank also. Not sure how the short wicks work so well but they do. I think the natural movement keeps the short wicks wet.

hoog

Headphones

Jun 1, 2012
California
I had a quick question. are the atomizers this tank uses quick and easy to clean?. say i have a coffee flavor in my tank and all the sudden i decide i want to use a flavor like...banana. could i just take off the atomizer wash it off and put it back in and be ready to go? or do i need to wait a while for it to dry etc like with regular 510 atomizers

also im a bit confused about the wick..its insanely short so how is it supposed to wick up all the juice it holds? am i only supposed to vape like less then 2 ml's at a time then top it off again??

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
Both my vivi and my fluxomizers/CE2 Plus, I just rinse the head under hot sink water, gently pat dry the wick a couple of times with a paper towel and do a few dry burns, and then repeat x1. I immediately stick it back in and get full flavor and hit in 1-2 puffs. I suppose you could eliminate a few of my steps, but the dry burn and rewash gets rid of crud built up on the coil. Patting the outside of the wicks dry by taking a different dry area of the paper towel to it a few times makes it almost completely dry, while the last dry burn finishes the job.

Also you can make the vivi go almost completely dry, it's just based on how much you tip. I've done that few times when I wanted to change flavors and didn't want to waste juice. Just make sure the wicks touch the juice every couple of puffs. It's easier though with less thought put in tipping if the tank is fuller.

Last edited:

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
I haven't seen anyone report burnt rubber taste with a version 2 yet. I didn't get a burnt rubber taste with my version 1 or 2, though I do remember the burnt rubber complaints of version 1. I get better flavor with my CE2 plus, but others have reported great flavor. I like something lighter on my Kgo and haven't really given it a fair trial. Someone mentioned you don't get a good picture of how it performs till something as been out a few weeks. I would think where v2 stands on the totem pole for vaping will take a few more weeks.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I just got my order yesterday (thanks for the metal bodies Hoog!) and filled my first tank last night, but so far I really like the Nova. At first I thought the short wicks might be a problem, but somehow they stay wet whether I tip it or not. I dry-burned the wick a few times before I started using it and did detect a slight primer smell, but after filling it with juice and taking a few initial drags it broke in fine and tasted great (my juice is 75%pg/25%vg). The heads are 510 thread so cleaning via rinse and dry-burn shouldn't be a problem. It's my understanding that future revisions of these will have longer wicks, but so far the shorter ones are working fine for me.

I also got a Gripper with an extension in the same order, and that thing is da bomb! I'm running a Vision eGo Clearomizer on it now and it looks really sexy. The whole thing fits in a Janty Joye Stick pouch for belt carry, too! :)

Headphones

Jun 1, 2012
California
Both my vivi and my fluxomizers/CE2 Plus, I just rinse the head under hot sink water, gently pat dry the wick a couple of times with a paper towel and do a few dry burns, and then repeat x1. I immediately stick it back in and get full flavor and hit in 1-2 puffs. I suppose you could eliminate a few of my steps, but the dry burn and rewash gets rid of crud built up on the coil. Patting the outside of the wicks dry by taking a different dry area of the paper towel to it a few times makes it almost completely dry, while the last dry burn finishes the job.

Also you can make the vivi go almost completely dry, it's just based on how much you tip. I've done that few times when I wanted to change flavors and didn't want to waste juice. Just make sure the wicks touch the juice every couple of puffs. It's easier though with less thought put in tipping if the tank is fuller.
Thank you for the quick response and as well as the helpful info:D cleared up some questions ive been trying to get a response to for a few days now..i hope i don't come off mean as i am about to gripe about the tank but i am more just baffled and as of such a bit frustrated with the fact that they went with short wicks..i wish i knew who it was that thought this would be a good idea or what need they had to take the original long wicks which were useful and had their purpose and turn them into short wicks which serve no purpose other than to be un-useful and a huge annoyance..sorry i just get frustrated when people try to fix something that isn't broken.

kinda thinking right now it would of just been best to stay with carto tanks..i like my vapeing experience to be relaxing and id rather not have to remember that every 2 vapes i take i gotta tip the thing. carto tanks were atleast relaxing and just a set it and forget it type thing for me but it felt like i sacrificed alot of flavor using cartos so i wanted to try a non carto tank and now im sacrificing ease of use..lol there is never a happy medium to anything and im probably sounding really lazy to lol

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Waiting on steeping juice to try mine for the first time lol -

dshark I read somewhere that this tank isn't recommended for 5 volt and up vaping, it's better at 3.7-4.5, don't remember where, but people were putting what voltage they liked best for the tank, and even with the higher ohm atty most ppl did not go up to 5 volts with this tank. Sorry wish I could reference where I saw that but I have been hopping around reading about it everywhere the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread