Vision Vivi Nova (VVN) Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
Vision Vivi Nova V3
I am a returning smoker. I am currently 1 month smoke free.
I've tried several of the "new" tanks; Nautilus (too expensive to change atomizers), Smoke Tech (ditto on atomizers and bottom filling was a pain - on both!).

I discovered the Vision Vivi Nova and I was a happy camper until this week. I watched some tutorials on rebuilding and found it to be quite easy to do.

Now this week I notice that the Ekowool wicks are burning up PDQ!

When I went to rebuild I noticed that some of the Ekowool wicks were so damaged I couldn't even pull them through the coil to a clean spot.

Novice/.... Lazy, me was assuming that as long as the wicks were touching the fluid all was ok. So I was vaping the tanks all the way down to like 1/8"-1/4" from the bottom of the tank.

I took Science 101 and 103- spooky action at a distance, right? the capillary effect, right? Absorption in resistance to gravity, Right?
Then why are fuel injectors so much more efficient than carburetors?
Why do so many vapers prefer bottom coil tanks?

SO THIS IS THE TIP!
Today I found that it really, really helps to TOP OFF the VVN tanks all the way to a level just below the center entrance hole. WHY? This assures that the wick is always super saturated.
I think doing this has even cleaned out some of the wick damage that was already there from dry hits, in some of my VVN tanks.

Now when the e liquid gets about 1/4" below the top of the wick, I top it off. That's a lot less inconvenient than getting needless dry hits, and damaging my wicks prematurely.

If this sounds a bit sophomoric to you - HEY I'm only a born-again vaper, remember.
Man, after all the head scratching, I felt like kicking myself after I discovered this simple procedure.

Smoke Free 36 Days $195.75 Saved 720 Cigarettes Avoided

Last edited:

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
not to experienced with a lot of clearo's but use my Vivi Novas most of the time. Having more than one helps. I wash my tanks and coils after two or three fills. Once the wicks are dry, I dry burn them while blowing air on them.

If the coil/wick area is really gunky, I pull the wick out about a quarter of the length and carefully torch the wick to get it clean. Have even taken a dental pick and scraped the coil if it is particularly gunked up.

Some of my coils are over a month old and still at the same resistance and vaping well.

I may even try the machine screw method of wrapping some coils for the vivi once I get my vapemail with some 30ga kanthal.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
not to experienced with a lot of clearo's but use my Vivi Novas most of the time. Having more than one helps. I wash my tanks and coils after two or three fills. Once the wicks are dry, I dry burn them while blowing air on them.

If the coil/wick area is really gunky, I pull the wick out about a quarter of the length and carefully torch the wick to get it clean. Have even taken a dental pick and scraped the coil if it is particularly gunked up.

Some of my coils are over a month old and still at the same resistance and vaping well.

I may even try the machine screw method of wrapping some coils for the vivi once I get my vapemail with some 30ga kanthal.

Try This!
(see Thread: Cellucotoon (Rayon) wicks )

Graham CelluCotton #44060

Vision Vivi Nova V3

Nothing inside coil - CelluCotton wick 'ON TOP' of 7 wrap small coil. 1.4 -1.8 ohms @ 3.2V

Working great on 5 tanks - so far! Instant flavor, no burning.

So far the Vivi Nova is my favorite clearo. I like to run it down to about a 1/4" of fluid before refilling just so I don't mix the new stuff with the old stuff. I can really tell the difference with fresh juice. So to avoid burning it out I always turn it upside down before I hit it once it hits about half full. I keep it next to me on the computer desk and I also occasionally turn it upside down even if I'm not going to drag on it for a while to keep the wicks as moist as possible. And as someone mentioned before, I hold it horizontally and roll it every once in a while. I don't know if it matters, but I have this mental picture of the wicks getting gummy if they aren't submersed in juice. I have no way to substantiate that idea, but that's my motivation.

I didn't know you could rebuild this guy. The coil/wick bit looked like a closed system (i.e. pressed together and not friendly to being reassembled after being taken apart) but I'll have to take a closer look next time I buy a replacement.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
So far the Vivi Nova is my favorite clearo. I like to run it down to about a 1/4" of fluid before refilling just so I don't mix the new stuff with the old stuff. I can really tell the difference with fresh juice. So to avoid burning it out I always turn it upside down before I hit it once it hits about half full. I keep it next to me on the computer desk and I also occasionally turn it upside down even if I'm not going to drag on it for a while to keep the wicks as moist as possible. And as someone mentioned before, I hold it horizontally and roll it every once in a while. I don't know if it matters, but I have this mental picture of the wicks getting gummy if they aren't submersed in juice. I have no way to substantiate that idea, but that's my motivation.

I didn't know you could rebuild this guy. The coil/wick bit looked like a closed system (i.e. pressed together and not friendly to being reassembled after being taken apart) but I'll have to take a closer look next time I buy a replacement.

Go to youtube and search "vivi nova rebuild", then pick the video that suits you.

After a few rebuilds it actually becomes fun!
I'm no expert but I can rebuild a Vivi Nova atty in about 10 minutes (or less if I really concentrate & limit the "vape-breaks").

I don't even bother to torch or scrape coils any more - the first sign of fouling, I just move/replace the CelluCotton wick
(See my post #4 above.), and the next time I just recoil the sucker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread