Why does my Vivi Nova suck through juice faster than a T3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
If I'm vaping both at approximately the same watts (1.8 ohm Vivi Nova @ 3.8V, 2.4 Kanger T3 @ 4.3V) why am I going through juice so much faster in the VVN?

I noticed the difference immediately (vaping them side by side), but shrugged it off at first, thinking maybe I just liked the flavor I had in the VVN at the time. :) But today while driving, I was conscious about giving each equal time. After a three hour road trip, I had gone through a little over a 1ml in the VVN, but only 0.3-0.4ml in the Kanger.

Is this normal? And if so, what makes it do this?

Thanks. :)

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
they are juice whores, for sure. i think it's because they're doing what they're supposed to do, though-they wick well, thus using juice faster. i have several minis and a few regular sized ones. i can only really use them on an ego/twist, because for some reason, even at low voltage, i get a burnt wick taste whenever i've used it on my provari or my stinger...or any of my other pv's, regardless of what resistance head i've tried. anything with more power then an ego type battery seems to be too much. but they're good little clearos...even if they go through the juice fast.

yanivriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Israel
the main reason, in my opinion, is the vivi novas long wick, that takes a lot of juice, after the juice is warmed.
so before you vape, and the juice is cold, you don’t see lots of difference, but after a few puffs, the juice level seems to fall dramaticly, but then the juice levels will be lowered at regular T3 rates.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for all the tips. I should have mentioned that (with both the T3 and the VVN), prior to my very non-scientific test yesterday I refilled them both with the same liquid they already had - so initial soaking up of the wicks shouldn't have been too much of an issue I think. I'm going to pay even closer attention today and see if I take longer hits/get more vapor with the VVN.

Also, when I refilled again this morning, I remembered that I had sort of "unwound" (opened?) the long wicks on the VVN, so that may be contributing as well. I will say this, I have never ever not once had a dry hit on the VVN as some others compain about - I imagine whatever is causing it to blow through juice is also helping with this aspect as well. Even with the fast consumption rate, it's by far my favorite delivery device at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread