vivi nova convert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
I'd like to try this but I'm scared of forgetting to tilt and swirl and end up burning the cotton.
I forget all the time, and I haven't burned anything yet.

Honestly, I'd absolutely recommend learning to rewick with cotton. It's dead easy, and both taste and vapor quality are noticeably nicer. I was only half sold on the Nova till I started doing this, and now I use them pretty much exclusively. And I'm the most low-tech, un-mechanical person alive. If I can do it, anybody can do it. :)

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I forget all the time, and I haven't burned anything yet.

Honestly, I'd absolutely recommend learning to rewick with cotton. It's dead easy, and both taste and vapor quality are noticeably nicer. I was only half sold on the Nova till I started doing this, and now I use them pretty much exclusively. And I'm the most low-tech, un-mechanical person alive. If I can do it, anybody can do it. :)

That's what I'm talking about!

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I re-wicked a few heads again tonight with 32g wire and 4 wraps. Two with silica and two with the cotton. Not only does the cotton taste better, but it's way easier to wrap the wire...it's not as 'slippery' as silica.

Anyone want to buy some silica? :p

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
I just put the 1.8ohm head on it with a know juice that has a very low if any th as my thinking was it was going to be a bit more harsh. Well I'm getting the same th out of this juice but Man the vapor is making my tv screen disappear Lol it is a 50/50 blend not much on flavor so I'm not sure if it's bringing it out more or not. I'm going to have to put the Snickers bar in it next see if I can't bring out the Sweet flavor more. Oh and I think it did this right but I'm running an ego so it's 3.4 volts and 1.8ohm so it like 6.4 Watts?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I had to go to the auto store to pick up a quart of transmission fluid. It's in a strip mall so I hit two stores looking for candle wick or yarn one was a craft/antique store the other was a yarn store. The craft store didn't have wick so I went over to the yarn store looking for 100 percent cotton organic and the lady looked at me weird. I asked her for bamboo she didn't have it either. I'll probably just order online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread