Vivi Nova Problems What now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
I posted my issues with my Vivi Nova in another thread here about my tank breaking off below the screw thread and that I had ordered 2 more systems before this happened. I hoped that I would have more luck with the new ones.

I got my 2 new ones yesterday. I filled my new one up with Menthol 100% VG and I have filled it twice. It was vaping like a champ. I thought I was in the clear but I put it down then picked it up and noticed my Ego battery was wet. I look and my tank is empty right after I had filled it up.

I dried off my battery and then I put a bit more juice in the tank and watch it. It is leaking. Ugggh. So I pour out the juice and I go to the sink and I pour a bit of water in the tank and it goes right out the bottom. I then proceed to take the bottom off the tank and half of the plastic just breaks off a huge hunk comes off??? WTH is going on here?????

This is 2 tanks after only using them a very short period of time. Looking at the tank it has all kinds of fissures and cracks in it and looks like it has been in a war!

I do have pictures I can post if someone can tell me how to do that here.
I have written to the vendor but I am at a huge loss.

Here I go again.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
OK I had to go look. I purchased these from Good Prophets. They are supposed to be V2.0 which I thought had been improved to keep down the leakage.

I don't really know what flooding is so I can't answer that sorry. If you can explain it I could possibly answer it. The only dim answer I could come up with is that my juice disintegrated my tank but I just don't think that could have happened after 2 fills.

I am really disappointed about this. I have written to the vendor but no answer as of yet. I ordered from them in the past and had good experiences with them but with the poor quality of equipment that I have gotten in the past few weeks, I am not a happy camper. I don't know if this is just an issue with quality control or what but there is no way I should have had this many problems like this.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Stosh please point me in the right direction as I am sick and tired of this mess!!!!!! Believe me I was a bit scared after I saw how my plastic looked on that Vivi Nova but I swear ..........:) I mean it comes in a plastic bottle and that does not disintegrate for months while it is stored so why would it eat through a tank in a days time????

I mean come on! I have tried and tried to figure out what the heck is going on here. I am not a problem child I promise I just want to get my issues fixed and to be able to vape in peace.

Is the tank something I could use with the coils and other stuff I have now? I am sorry guys I am not really techy so forgive me for asking so many questions here. If not then please give me a link. I will do a search on my own here too.

Last edited:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Bottles are not the same as tanks plastic most of the time. I have no clue what's happening to your ViVi's, I've not had those issues. MadVapes and GotVapes sell the metal tank replacements. That will get you a solid fix. You can use these heads with the new Stardust, but unfortunately you'd likely have the same issues as they are similar, just smaller.

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
I got 2 vivi novas Monday and they both had cracks in the same place. Around the threading at the top. One just plan broke while I was vaping it and the other I'm just being careful with for now. It's only one small crack but I know that will get bigger.

I also use the new stardusts with replaceable atties that I got the same day. There threading goes into metal instead of plastic. I feel a lot more "safe" with them. They seem to be build better I think.

The metal tube kinda defeats the purpose of a tank you can see into for me.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I got 2 vivi novas Monday and they both had cracks in the same place. Around the threading at the top. One just plan broke while I was vaping it and the other I'm just being careful with for now. It's only one small crack but I know that will get bigger.........

Sounds like a call to the vendor, the three I've bought have absolutely no sign of cracks anywhere, after many multiple fills. I even had to use a pair of heavy duty pliers to loosen a top I over-tightened.

The metal tanks would work for me, because I've been filling two tanks in the AM, and after a days worth of vaping they are both half full by the time I get home. I don't need to see the level of juice, because I can't vape it dry, and it hasn't leaked a drop, even on it's side or upside-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread