Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Hi y'all, I'm new here and to vaping so please don't think me too ignorant. I started using a 3.5 vivi nova tank about a month ago. I keep it filled almost constantly with strawberry eliquid and have 3 different batteries I use with it (2 are 1100, the 3rd is less but cant remember). Suddenly when I press the power button it blinks 3 times and no vape. I tried other tanks with the batteries and they work fine.
Is it time to change the coil or is the tank just possessed? BTW, I tried a total of 6 batteries (I believe in spares) and got same light blinking 3 times and nothing from tank. Anyone have any clue why this tank not only won't work but affects the battery too? Thanks in advance!

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Wow they're still selling and making vivi tanks...;) do yourself a favor and look into subtank or something along those lines...also you may want to look into dripping, you want to stay clear of the type of tanks or old school attys that use silica as a wicking material... cotton is the way to go my friend. Do your research and home work here on ECF. Reading and watching a few YouTube videos will help you have a better understanding of what's good and what's not. Welcome and good luck.....

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had a Vivi Nova that killed one of my eGo batteries.

I would suggest not trying an atomizer with a problem on multiple batteries should it happen again. Maybe time for a multi-meter? ($20)... good for testing i.m.o.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I suspect not all permanent failures (short or otherwise) can be safely tested on old-tech batteries.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
You don't say what mod you have, but the little searching I did came up with the light blinking three times means the attomizer is reading to low ohms to safely fire. You need to change the coil in it. The flashing light is a warning sign that something is wrong.
Mod? I'm sorry but you must be mistaking me for someone who knows what they're doing lol. Thank you and everyone else who replied. Changed coil and I'm able to use the tank again.
Right now I only use the pen types but as suggested will do research here and move up to something that will work with me and my budget ;) I'm so glad I found y'all!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Mod? I'm sorry but you must be mistaking me for someone who knows what they're doing lol. Thank you and everyone else who replied. Changed coil and I'm able to use the tank again.
Right now I only use the pen types but as suggested will do research here and move up to something that will work with me and my budget ;) I'm so glad I found y'all!
Glad to help!
If what you have is working and you are happy with it, carry on! No need to upgrade unless you want to, or your gear is broken.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I started out with the eGo batteries and had a Vivi Nova tank as well. Generally, if you gently pry up the center pin on the battery that's acting up, you'll find it makes good contact and works again. Gently is the key word here, and it usually doesn't take much prying to get it back to where it belongs.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi y'all, I'm new here and to vaping so please don't think me too ignorant. I started using a 3.5 vivi nova tank about a month ago. I keep it filled almost constantly with strawberry Eliquid and have 3 different batteries I use with it (2 are 1100, the 3rd is less but cant remember). Suddenly when I press the power button it blinks 3 times and no vape. I tried other tanks with the batteries and they work fine.
Is it time to change the coil or is the tank just possessed? BTW, I tried a total of 6 batteries (I believe in spares) and got same light blinking 3 times and nothing from tank. Anyone have any clue why this tank not only won't work but affects the battery too? Thanks in advance!

Strange.

Flashing lights means recharge, or ohms outside range, or short

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I agree with saw if what you have is working no need to upgrade learn your equipment and read as much about vaping as you can so when you do upgrade you have a better chance of getting what's right for you also you should go to new members thread and introduce yourself. Good peeps over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread