• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vivi Nova vs Cartos in a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
Am I the only one who still prefers the cartos in a tank over the vivi nova? The vivi is too finicky for my "low maintenance" preference for vaping. It floods, gurgles, wastes too much juice and has to be held/vaped in a certain way to get it to work depending on how full it is. My cartos in a tank just need to be punched, filled, vaped and then refilled when needed.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah, I forgot to add that I got more dry, burn-y hits with the vivi too. Blech.

@Jables: Yep, I have the real deal of the vivi and the heads.

@scabby: Filling the vivi vs carto tank seems to be the same for me. Either screw off the top of the vivi and fill vs slide up the tank and fill. The vivi did provide a bit of a better hit and taste, but it seldom worked properly for me. Not worth it. Changing juice is just as easy for me too.

@mac: My fav cartos are horizontal coils. Admittedly, I was having problems with those too, but am trying a different vendor to see if that makes a difference. The packaging is different for the same product. As much as I don't like switching from my favourite carto vendor, the cartos simply weren't feeding the juice properly for me and that was a pain.

@tartan: I <3 my Phiniac tank :)

@Dusty: I got a good chuckle from your comment because I remember your earlier comments about a carto tank system ;-) "...but, nothing beats the convenience of a carto tank!"

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Clearomizers as a general rule are a little higher maintenance than carto tanks for the most part, with the only exception being that they tend to be easier to fill. But the tipping part is something that's very hard to get away from in top-coils, and I've yet to find a bottom coil that worked consistently every time. Fortunately I'm okay with tipping most of the time as long as the clearo I'm using is a performer.

I still use carto tanks more often though. My two main vapes sitting beside me right now include a 3ml DCT v2 and a glass tank from 505vapor.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I'm enjoying my vivi nova minis, and I only had trouble with flooding and gurgling the very first time I used it. It turned out to be because I overfilled it. Try keeping the juice level a bit lower and see if that helps. I'm using the metal tanks so it's tricky to get a good look at where it's at on mine, but it looks like filling to the bottom of the silicone part seems to work well for me.

Also, check to ensure that the silicone seal is making contact properly with the top cap.

And yes, they benefit from the "tip'n'roll" but I tend to do that as part of fidgety routine anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Here is my opinion:

Vivi's
Battery is always bone dry no leaks from there.
They are consistent taste mostly the same.
So easy to fill no messes, easy for older ppl that might not have steady hands or patience.
No setup and can get replacement tank.
Can have dry hits if you do not pace yourself and tip.
Works very well from full to 1/2 full then it goes downhill. The less juice the more tipping and swishing and taste seems to diminish.
Juice will come up the drip tip once in a while but is easy to clean.

Carto Tanks.
Taste can be spectacular or can be horrible.
Pre punched can work well or not with your juice.
You can make a horrible mess when filling and takes a bit of practice to get it right . Even then you will still probably do some once in a while.
Battery is always wet if it isn't you will get dry hits.
If you punch or dremel it takes a bit of skills tools and patience not allot of ppl have all 3 ;)
They seem to last very long or not.
Almost never a dry hit when in a tank if you are conservative on your voltage.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Carto Tanks.
Taste can be spectacular or can be horrible.
Pre punched can work well or not with your juice.
You can make a horrible mess when filling and takes a bit of practice to get it right . Even then you will still probably do some once in a while.
Battery is always wet if it isn't you will get dry hits.
If you punch or dremel it takes a bit of skills tools and patience not allot of ppl have all 3 ;)
They seem to last very long or not.
Almost never a dry hit when in a tank if you are conservative on your voltage.

Once in a while there is a bad carto, otherwise the taste is rarely "horrible".
I always punch myself, so don't know about prepunched. I'd rather have some control over the matter.
A $5 plastic tank filler does wonders.
Battery is not always wet.
Again, a cheap and fantastic carto puncher is by Siam Mods (same people who brought us the tool filler). No sweat. Takes one minute, works like a charm.

I beg to differ.

VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Tanks all the way. Not even a close race. Sure the vivis are easy and convenient, but they taste horrible. Just my opinion. Yes I have a authentic vivi from gotvapes and even spent fourty dollars on replacement heads. I have switched out four of them to make sure it wasnt just one bad one. Conclusion.... They still taste horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Carto Tanks.

I just use needle-tipped bottles or caps on juice bottles to fill. I have yet to have one drop end up anywhere it doesn't belong. No need for special tools or know-how. Just my 2c

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
I'm not a fan of the Novas.. I just got the big and little one and the little one works "OK" on my 3.7v inferno but not at all on my LT and the big one just gets a nasty burn taste.. I guess ill have to play with them a little. But so far I like tank/carto better..

My novas won't work on my Lambo without an adapter. The hole in the nova seems to not allow it to make contact with the pin in the Lambo.... at least I think that's what's gong wrong. Have you tried it with a 510 adapter?

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
My novas won't work on my Lambo without an adapter. The hole in the nova seems to not allow it to make contact with the pin in the Lambo.... at least I think that's what's gong wrong. Have you tried it with a 510 adapter?

No I don't have an adapter.. I'll look into one.. But the small nova works sort of on my Inferno which is 510.. I don't like the draw of it.. I was hoping to like it but what ever.. I'll keep messing with it. I'm getting new glass tanks from Santa and want to try those Fusion cartos.. I've heard they are really good.. Just out of stock on the adapter I need for those.. Why cant all this stuff be universal.

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
I also have the inferno it's a 3.4 volt I thought I'm pretty sure actually as I've been told many times over. Try the 1.8 head on it blowing clouds! Taste wise it's right on par with a carto that actually works. And yea the draw is a little tight on the inferno tried backing it out a bit then it's just to lose it doesn't bug me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread