volcanoe inferno and innokin iclear 30 cant get tank to screw on

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all im new to ecigs and this forum.
heres my issue, I have an inferno kit from volcano. I wanted a bigger tank so my pal recommended the innokin iclear30.

I did my research and got the 1.5ohm version of the tank read the specs even went onto the volcano site and posted on the forum about using this tank with the inferno I was told both are 510 thread and will work fine together.

fast-forward; I get the tank and it wont thread at all! the tank feels loose when I place it in the battery not making a connection what so ever.

has anyone else tried this? I cant believe I am the first one to do this. unless everyone but me knows better than to try it.
I defiantly can tell when something screws into something else properly and this is not the case here. very frustrated any help or advice would be great.

now in hindsight I should have just got an innkoin svd kit and batteries for an extra 25 bucks and been done with it but now im invested in the inferno, ugh:facepalm:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 5

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Hi, I own an inferno too !
It worked fine for me the first 2-1/2 weeks I started vaping using 2x Volcano carto tube tanks. I am not familiar with the I-clear 30, does it have an adjustable centre pin which might not be making good contact ? it looks in your pic to be protruding a bit which may be making contact before all the threading on the base is seated, giving you the 'wobbles'
Try taking off the outer sleeve in your pic of the Inferno connector, the part with two slots in the rim, it just pulls up over an o-ring and see if you can get a good connection then.
The tank won't be stable in the long-term but should give you some better idea of what is going wrong.
Do you have another tank/topper to compare it with ?
Keep at it and good luck !

Any I-clear 30 users can comment ??

Last edited:
hey dave thanks yeah I tried taking the outer sleeve off I got it to kinda thread once on the 600mah bat but was never close to threading on the 900.

I get the smoke tech replacement cartos with two holes and they are awesome for the inferno btw

I actually posted on the volcano forum about it and the reply I got was that they are both 510 thread and should work fine together. but I know when something is not screwing into else lol and these two defiantly are not playing nice.

the volcano admin of the facebook page for the office in south Carolina said the same thing they should work but he has gotten bad tanks before where the threading was not right.

I was reading about these 510-510 extenders
510-510 extender

but I don't want to buy any more useless add on if I don't have to.

but like you said it def feels like its not going down far enough but it also feels like the threads aren't big enough to catch to the inferno bats.

I was hoping someone could comfirm or deny these work without any mods or adjusting.
also if anyone has ever got a iclear 30 tank that had bad threads out of the box.

im a newbe and just assumed a 510 thread with screw into a 510 bat it seems pretty cut and dry but now im not so sure

Last edited:
bacc

yeah the volcano and smoke tech dual coils 1.5 replacement screw in as smooth as butter. my girlfriend just got a brand new inferno kit mines about 3 months old im gonna try it on hers later and my buddy has a vv bat that uses a iclear30 on now that im gonna see if it works on his but I have to wait until next Wednesday for that. in the mean time im really leaning toward the tank being a bit off. I contacted the vendor to see if I can swap for another one but im in jersey and they are in Oregon so god only knows how long that might take. ugh.

so im assuming you have heard of iclears coming out of the box with wonky threads before?

Last edited:
I have several Innokin Itaste v3 vw....and they are a little bit picky re: firing pins making contact with clearos...I carry a 510 to 510 adapter in my handbag and use it when my Itaste has PMS--it works great and keeps me from getting annoyed :). I have 2 Iclear 30 and have not had that issue...knock on wood...but I might later...because most of the time a Vivi Jr works and sometimes the same clearo won't...for me (after switching to Innokin HW), a 510/510, just makes life easier....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread