Volt Indicator, Rev. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakthi

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Dayton, Ohio
I recently purchased the Assembled Volt Indicator, Rev. 2 from vaporheads.net. It can be found here: Assembled Volt Indicator, Rev 2 . I purchased it because I wanted to be able to measure the voltage being delivered from my new sigelei Zmax v2 which I also purchased there. The short version is this - the meter just flashes on the Sigelei, which I assume has to do with the way the voltage is delivered. I believe I read somewhere that the meter didn't work if the voltage was "phased?" I also tried it on all 4 of my eGo style batteries, and it works great on the genuine eGo Twists from joyetech, but I get the flashing lines on my knock-off eGo-T batts.

I received my new SS Vamo in the mail today, and decided to try the indicator out on it. I figured it was possible that the Vamo did its thing differently than the Sigelei, and apparently it does as I am able to read the voltage emitted by the Vamo just fine - except there's a new problem. The meter reads the power from the Vamo as long as I don't try to get a reading with something attached to it, i.e. a cartomizer, a DCT, or an iClear 16 clearomizer. So, if the Vamo is delivering the voltage in the manner required by the Volt Indicator, Rev. 2, what is it about reading the voltage with a device connected that is causing it to just be blank? I get no flashing lines like it does with the phased voltage, and I get no reading. The display is simply blank, though I am certain the voltage is getting through the circuitry because I can vape from it! lol

I'd appreciate any information on what is happening here. Thanks!

Edit: I found this doing a Google search: These indicators may not work properly with some eGo or other PV's that use linear or pulsing regulators and will just flash. So apparently my use of the term "phased" was incorrect...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread