Volt/Watt Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I need to find some kind of meter to see what my mods are firing at. What can I use to show this?
Yeah, I'm a little confused by your question. You posted this question in the regulated mod sub-forum, which have their own built-in voltage and ohm meters.

I'm thinking you need a voltage meter for a mechanical mod to test your batteries?

voltage-tester.png

Alternatively, a digital multimeter (DMM) will test voltage and resistance.

upload_2018-4-23_10-52-55.jpeg

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Yeah, I'm a little confused by your question. You posted this question in the regulated mod sub-forum, which have their own built-in voltage and ohm meters.

I'm thinking you need a voltage meter for a mechanical mod to test your batteries?

voltage-tester.png

Alternatively, a digital multimeter (DMM) will test voltage and resistance.

View attachment 737853
I need to show a store that my mod is not firing what it's set at. It feels like it won't fire over 12 watts which has 100w capability. They want a video to prove this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I need to show a store that my mod is not firing what it's set at. It feels like it won't fire over 12 watts which has 100w capability. They want a video to prove this.
I don't know if a DMM can do that or not. My guess would be that whatever measuring device can do that will cost way more than what your mod cost.

I remember the below You Tube reviewer stating that a particular mod claiming to put out 213 watts could only put out 155 watts on his bench test. Maybe you can learn something from that video.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What is mod and what ohm is coil and how is coil made....... just because a mid is capable of 100 watts doesn't mean it has ability to give that amount of power for all ohm rates or battery charge levels.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Do you have a Tsunami RDA and a digital multimeter? Tsunami because it has a simple velocity deck with large post holes...

Install the RDA and a suitable SINGLE coil. Into the other set of post holes, install the DMM leads. Fire, and measure voltage. Plug the numbers into an ohms law calculator, and voila!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The iJoy Capo squonk is limited to 4.2 volts. Coils built to about .15 will deliver 100 Watts at 4.2 volts. Coils built it .5 ohms will not even get close. It's not the mod, it's your build. This is a common problem with this device dot-dot-dot many complaints...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread