Volt/Watt Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Basically your Capo is a poorly done Pico Squeeze. There is no boost in the mod and it will cap the voltage at 4.2. That 4.2 is only going to be achieved when the battery is fully charged and dependent on what type of battery you are using (18650-21700-20700).
Even at 1.06 your best wattage is at 16.6 watts regardless of what you set it for.Don't ask me what Ijoy was drinking when they designed that thing but I would bet your device is working the way it was designed.Try a lower ohm build in your atty.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Basically your Capo is a poorly done Pico Squeeze. There is no boost in the mod and it will cap the voltage at 4.2. That 4.2 is only going to be achieved when the battery is fully charged and dependent on what type of battery you are using (18650-21700-20700).
Even at 1.06 your best wattage is at 16.6 watts regardless of what you set it for.Don't ask me what Ijoy was drinking when they designed that thing but I would bet your device is working the way it was designed.Try a lower ohm build in your atty.
It's crap... It won't go over 12 watts.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
It's crap... It won't go over 12 watts.
You’re not listening. It goes up to 100 watts, if (big, important “if”) your coils are low enough. But it doesn’t output more than battery voltage which tops out at 4.2, so it can only hit that 100w mark on very very low resistances. Any higher than about .17, and 4.2v will never be enough to reach 100 watts. Even then, it won’t last more than a few hits before the battery drops to nominal voltage and, again, you’re not getting 100 anymore. A 1+ ohm coil like what you’ve got pulls about 17 watts, tops. At full charge. Your mod isn’t defective, it just isn’t the right one for you.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You’re not listening. It goes up to 100 watts, if (big, important “if”) your coils are low enough. But it doesn’t output more than battery voltage which tops out at 4.2, so it can only hit that 100w mark on very very low resistances. Any higher than about .17, and 4.2v will never be enough to reach 100 watts. Even then, it won’t last more than a few hits before the battery drops to nominal voltage and, again, you’re not getting 100 anymore. A 1+ ohm coil like what you’ve got pulls about 17 watts, tops. At full charge. Your mod isn’t defective, it just isn’t the right one for you.
I know how to vape... I've been doing it for a long time now. It won't hit 17 watts... The mod is not working as it should. I only need to find a way to make a video to show that it's not working correctly.

• Optimistic

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
What atty?

Change your build to a 2.5mm 5 wrap 28AWG KA1 0.95Ω build, cut the air waaaaaaay down, and set the wattage to 17...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
I tried 28g, 30g and 32g with wraps from 4 to 7 wraps around 1.5mm up to 3mm... They all would not work. I could not get the mod to fire over 12w. From 13 to 100 watts vaped like it was set at 12w.

Every build worked as it should on my other mods.

• Useful

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Put a lower build on it.
What would you suggest? This mod should work with my regular builds. The squonk RDA should work on it but it doesn't. It works on my other mods.

I'm not building a cloud maker. I'm a simple MTL vaper who Vapes for flavor only. I've been experimenting with high VG liquids for cloud making but only for the fun of it.

This mod is defective and all I need is to find a way to prove it in a video that it doesn't work over 12 watts so I could get it replaced or get my money back and get a squonk mod that works.

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What battery(s) are you using?

The ijoy capo does not have boost capability, output is limited to battery voltage at any given time - 4.2v when fully charged falling off to the low voltage cut off.
It does not function like a typical VW power device with buck / boost circuitry, it cannot boost voltage to the delivery device.
1.06Ω / 4.2v = 16.6w
1.06Ω / 3.7 = 12.9w
Not taking into account voltage drop & device inefficiency, actual watts will be less.

The power device is functioning as designed, If you want to vape at a higher watt than the above you'll have to build lower Ω, like it or not this is how that power device works.
4.2v / .5Ω = 35ish w.
4.2v / .176Ω = 100w.

The reason your normal build works on other power devices is due to them being able to boost battery voltage to the delivery device.
Using 1.06Ω set it to 20w it delivers 4.6v to arrive at 20w.
4.6v / 1.06Ω = 20w.

Using 1.06Ω set the ijoy capo to 20w it can only deliver 4.2v max so you end up with about 15ish w.
set it to 50w - 4.2v / 1.06Ω = 15ish w.

It is functioning as it is intended to, funky, frustrating, antiquated, cheap, what on earth were they thinking.

• Agree

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

The ijoy capo does not have boost capability, output is limited to battery voltage at any given time - 4.2v when fully charged falling off to the low voltage cut off.
It does not function like a typical VW power device with buck / boost circuitry, it cannot boost voltage to the delivery device.
1.06Ω / 4.2v = 16.6w
1.06Ω / 3.7 = 12.9w
Not taking into account voltage drop & device inefficiency, actual watts will be less.

The power device is functioning as designed, If you want to vape at a higher watt than the above you'll have to build lower Ω, like it or not this is how that power device works.
4.2v / .5Ω = 35ish w.
4.2v / .176Ω = 100w.

The reason your normal build works on other power devices is due to them being able to boost battery voltage to the delivery device.
Using 1.06Ω set it to 20w it delivers 4.6v to arrive at 20w.
4.6v / 1.06Ω = 20w.

Using 1.06Ω set the ijoy capo to 20w it can only deliver 4.2v max so you end up with about 15ish w.
set it to 50w - 4.2v / 1.06Ω = 15ish w.

It is functioning as it is intended to, funky, frustrating, antiquated, cheap, what on earth were they thinking.
I use good batteries and this capo is not firing over 3 bolts on freshly charged batteries. From 13w to 100, it's firing less than 3 volts.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I use good batteries and this capo is not firing over 3 bolts on freshly charged batteries. From 13w to 100, it's firing less than 3 volts.
Get a volt meter, like what Bad posted a couple posts in. If it shows under 3 volts like you say, you might have a case. But, if it shows something more like 3.5-3.7, then that’s just the nature of the beast. A “full charge” of “4.2 volts” is sort of an ideal make-believe. You’re likely not going to achieve that kind of output in a real-world scenario. That might be its resting voltage but, under load, it’s going to sag well below that mark. Plus, some of the available power will be stolen to run the device itself.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

If you don't have a way to measure volts how do you know it is firing less than 3v ?
Good batteries is not a brand name, mah, wrap color or CDR.

Again, it does not have boost circuitry, no matter what you set the watts to it cannot output more than 4.2v/battery voltage at any given time, so, using 1.06Ω it cannot fire above 16w.
If you want it to fire at a higher watt range you'll have to build lower resistance coil(s).

Seems you're ignoring the capo does not have a boost capability, meaning the chip inside does not /cannot increase voltage output to the delivery device. The voltage going to your coil cannot go above 4.2v,, when using 1.06Ω 16ish w is the max output.
If you want to vape at a higher wattage you'll have to use lower resistance coils.

• Useful

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
If you don't have a way to measure volts how do you know it is firing less than 3v ?
Good batteries is not a brand name, mah, wrap color or CDR.

Again, it does not have boost circuitry, no matter what you set the watts to it cannot output more than 4.2v/battery voltage at any given time, so, using 1.06Ω it cannot fire above 16w.
If you want it to fire at a higher watt range you'll have to build lower resistance coil(s).

Seems you're ignoring the capo does not have a boost capability, meaning the chip inside does not /cannot increase voltage output to the delivery device. The voltage going to your coil cannot go above 4.2v,, when using 1.06Ω 16ish w is the max output.
If you want to vape at a higher wattage you'll have to use lower resistance coils.
I understand how these work... It's clear you don't see that I keep saying it won't go over 3 volts. I have been checking it with a digital multimeter. The batteries, 18650's LG HG2 and the 20700's are Sanyo.

I know it won't fire over what the current battery voltage is. All my current builds require 3 to 3.75 volts. The rda I'm using works great at 3.76 watts on my other mods. Nice warm flavorful vape. It just doesn't work on the Capo. I've tried other tanks on the Capo and it just can't handle them either. I'm not a newb here. I know this Capo is not working as it should.

My Ares is a .75Ω coil and I vape it at 13 watts/3.12v. My Zeus is a 1.06Ω coil at 12w/3.58v. I put them on the Capo and it doesn't work. It has a fully charged battery and it just won't heat it enough.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I was hoping to find something like this that Baditude showed me that would show the wattage.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread