Voltage Setting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again everyone, I have a voltage and ohm question to ask. I'm currently running a Vision Spinner II (1650mA Battery with variable voltage of 3.3-4.8 watts), with a Mustank GT Clearomizer ( Bottom Dual Coil at 1.5ohm), with 50/50 juice. I do add a little of VG to the 50/50 blend, roughly making it 60/40.

What wattage should I run this configuration at for an average coil life, but still have a satisfying cloud and hit without burning the juice? I just wanted to ask here first before I started frying coils or getting awful dry hits.

Thanks in advance for any information you folks might be able to bestow.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello again everyone, I have a voltage and ohm question to ask. I'm currently running a Vision Spinner II (1650mA Battery with variable voltage of 3.3-4.8 watts), with a Mustank GT Clearomizer ( Bottom Dual Coil at 1.5ohm), with 50/50 juice. I do add a little of VG to the 50/50 blend, roughly making it 60/40.

What wattage should I run this configuration at for an average coil life, but still have a satisfying cloud and hit without burning the juice? I just wanted to ask here first before I started frying coils or getting awful dry hits.

Thanks in advance for any information you folks might be able to bestow.

Use 3.7 volts.
That is the nominal voltage of lithium batteries and it's what most clearos are intended to work with.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Between 3.6 to maybe 4.0 Volts. Dial it to taste. Start low, take a few puffs, up a notch, take couple puffs, up a notch, take a couple puffs. If you get any hit that is to hot, scorched tasting, or starts giving any discomfort, dial it down a notch from there, the clearo airflow and juice flow is not up to the job keeping up with that settings wattage output. Taste is subjective, flavor of juice will also affect your VV setting, some are good warmer to give more flavor, others are good at a cooler setting to give a smoother flavor. For instance I like a range of 8 watts to 12 watts depending on my juice in a tank, and in the range of 1.2 to 1.6 ohms on my tanks that is a voltage range of 3.4 to 4.0v.

Voltage X Voltage / resistance (ohms)= wattage

Alright, the voltage points step from 3.3,3.8,4.3, and 4.8. I'm trying it about 1/8 of an inch below 3.8v, but am having to hold the button for over 5 seconds to get a decent hit. The battery is fully charged as well. I let the coil soak over night, though I have been told you can "quick wick" the coil but drawing on the mouth piece without giving the coil any power, is this true? I know the last sentence was a little off topic, I just thought I would ask to make sure. Thanks for the info edyle and IMFire3605!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Alright, the voltage points step from 3.3,3.8,4.3, and 4.8. I'm trying it about 1/8 of an inch below 3.8v, but am having to hold the button for over 5 seconds to get a decent hit. The battery is fully charged as well. I let the coil soak over night, though I have been told you can "quick wick" the coil but drawing on the mouth piece without giving the coil any power, is this true? I know the last sentence was a little off topic, I just thought I would ask to make sure. Thanks for the info edyle and IMFire3605!

that's priming the coil; it's to make sure the coil gets wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread