Volts/Amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
The mah does not affect the atomizer but the duration of smoking, nothing else. If you put a C battery then you will smoke for 2 days!!!

That doesn't make sense to me. I understand how a D size battery and a AAA battery are both 1.5v and could power the same device, but the AAA would run out of power much quicker. But that doesn't have to do with the amperage rating, does it?

I ask because extremeDeal has batteries (like the 18650 size), all the same physical size, with anywhere from 880 to 2500 mA.

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
mAh is a measure of the capacity of a battery. It stands for millamp-hours. Say you have a battery rated at 250mAh, what that means is that if a constant current of 1 mA (milliamp) was drawn from it it should last 250 hours. Our e-cigs draw about 1 amp = 1000 mA (milliamps)

*satisfied sigh*

I knew if only fellow Nick Cave devotee explained it to me, it would make sense. You just cleared up the entire matter for me! Consise! THANK YOU!

:cool:

secondson2929

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Battery output is usually expressed in "C"s. It means the capacity of the battery. (This is also used for charging.) Lithium batteries generally work best when outputting between 1-3 Cs. So a 500mah lithium works best at .5 to 1.5 amps. Some lithiums can go as high as 30C output but you're not going to get it at DX for 5 bucks.

Batteries work better the lower the C rating draw. This is why you get a better result from say a 900mah or 1000mah battery because it is closer to 1C at 1 amp than a 300mah battery (uses 3C at 1 amp)

Charging is the same. You usually charge a lithium at around 1C or lower for best life.

secondson2929

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It looks like you might be able to double these up in that square box mod (sorry, forgot the name of it, magnum maybe). So in theory, if you could put two of these in that magnum box, in parallel, you end up with 3.7v and a whopping 2800mah. That should power the atomizer for awhile.

Just a 1400mah battery should give you about 6-7 times the length of a standard battery.

secondson2929

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There are single 3.6/3.7v 18650 size batteries at dealextreme that are 2500mAh. Those are the ones I should start building mods around. and then there is this hefty looking fellow at 5000mAh:

DealExtreme: $8.15 25500 Rechargeable Lithium Battery (3.6V 5000mAh)

The cool thing about that one is it will fit directly into any "3AAA battery" flashlight. I have thought about ordering a couple of these, just to see how long they would last. I use these DealExtreme: $7.60 UltraFire Protected 18650 3.7V 2400mAh Lithium Batteries (2-Pack Grey) in the 801 mods in my video and they last fo-evah.

secondson2929

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

RayJ1

Mar 25, 2009
I modded my own vape machine using 4 AAA nimh rated at 1000mah each(Sanyo 1000 mah). At peak charge detection they read 5.6 volts, and make my little NPRO atomizer glow like a Xmas tree!! Vapor, throat hit......almost makes me choke!! After 12 hours of vaping all day long....the batteries used up about half there charge. When you have voltage and amps....there aren't so many worries about cartridges and fluid delivery....the atomizer screams.....bring it baby!! These nimh's I'm using are decent qualitity batteries that can deliver the amperage and volts simultneously. I think over six volts is overkill, and unless you keep your atomizer really wet while using I can't imagine the coils with 6volts living very long. I'm also wondering that at 6 volts if the coils are potentially over cooking our juice and burning it instead of simply vaporizing the liquid. I know when I first fire up my unit and press the on button a little to long the vapor can get a slight burnt taste to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread