Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks I hope everyone's having a great day, the review today is on a more traditional box mod kit called the Argus GT from Voopoo. The Argus GT Kit is a duel 18650 box mod and comes with the PNP Pod/tank that has been used in the Vinci and Drag X/S line. It's nice to see Voopoo release a more traditional box mod along with the successful PNP Pod/tank with a new upgrade that really makes me happy. I'll cover the upgrade and all the features of this kit later but first as always lets get to know the Argus GT Kit a little bit better.

COLORS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Full_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE ARGUS GT KIT

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Package.png

SPECIFICATIONS AND PARAMETERS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Parameter.png

HOUSING THE GENE.TT CHIP

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Chip.png

30% LIGHTER THAN A USUAL MOD

d430f28daba77bfdc19497231b4f054b.jpg

160W MAX POWER

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_160W_Power.png

DUEL 18650 WITH TYPE-C 2AMP CHARGING

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Battery.png

WATTAGE AND TC MODES

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_TC_Mode.png

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTION

54ffd9e961605cca56c34c0fb8c5a9e9.jpg

510 PNP POD/TANK ADAPTER

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP_Pod_Tank.png

POWERFUL MAGNETS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Bottom_Filling.png

PNP-VM5 AND PNP-VM6 MESH COILS INCLUDED

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP-VM5_Coil.png

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP-VM6_Coil.png

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PNP COILS

15456ec05ad5d28e9c424a6b6c5a9ecf.jpg

4889392547985acda999e4dd9c3b1aaa.jpg

DUEL AIRFLOW POD/TANK

a83701d2d03a958a04436f65b24b3e5b.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

My first reaction after removing the kit from it's shipping container was shock along with joy because the Argus GT Kit comes housed in a little storage case with a Argus GT wrapper sleeve around it.

Removing the sleeve and opening up the storage container revealed the Argus GT Kit.

20200709_133007.jpg

20200709_133828.jpg

That is a very nice bonus from Voopoo, the outlined foam can be removed if one wishes to. I was very pleased to see the familiar PNP Pod/Tank as it's a favorite of mine using the VM6 Mesh coil. As was shown earlier it ships with the VM5 and VM6 Mesh coils.

The PNP Pod/Tank is the same but what's different is the Argus GT Kit also comes with the new Adapt PNP Coil 510 adapter that allows the user to use the PNP Pod/Tank on any device that accepts a male 510 pin and also gives the user the ability if they own other PNP Pods/Tanks to switch flavors on the fly because they are held to the 510 base magnetically. If your not familiar with this Pod/Tank it provides plenty of airflow using a duel slotted style airflow and can be reduced to a very restricted DL, just remember to drop your wattage though. The Drip Tip is proprietary and can't be removed but is very comfortable to use. It is bottom fill that has a large fill slot,( mess free) and rubber plug.

20200711_100237.jpg

Hears a shot of the VM5 0.2Ω ( 40-60w ) and VM6 0.15Ω ( 60-80w ) Mesh Coils that are provided in the Argus GT Kit. The VM6 on the right is my favorite coil in the PNP line.

20200711_101438.jpg

Alright folks I've covered the Pod/Tank and now lets have a look at the Argus GT Device. When I picked it up the fist thing I noticed was the weight or lack there of it, WOW this device is very lightweight being made of zinc alloy and leather. The Argus name is beautifully branded in a two tone leather wrap on the spine along with Voopoo branding on one side of the device. The 510 is spring loaded and the 510 top plate has grooves cut in it for atomizers that get their air from the 510. A 25mm tank will fit and look all right with a slight over hang.
    20200709_133921.jpg

Batteries are installed at the bottom of the device via a battery door by sliding the end outward opening the battery compartment. There are 2 things you will notice in the next picture, the first is your probably saying it's all wet with water splatter, I actually thought it was machine oil and tried in vain for a few minutes to remove it, it's throughout the whole device border and top & bottom. The second thing is 2 little rubber feet located below design by Voopoo marking. They stop the device from sliding too easily on a table. ( NICE FEATURE )

20200711_103830.jpg

Battery polarity is marked only on the battery door, no polarity markings inside the device.

20200711_103307.jpg

The Argus GT uses a Type-C connection for charging and firmware updates and is located on the bottom side of the device. ( NOTICE THE WATER SPATTER LOOK ).

20200711_111132.jpg

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I would be surprised if anyone didn't think this device wasn't gorgeous with the two toned leather wrap and metal along with a very bright screen that has 3 colors depending on what mode your in. By default the Argus GT is in smart mode ( YELLOW SCREEN ) , smart mode is a protection mode that senses your coil and prevents you from going over the coils max wattage rating ruining your coil.

20200711_111319.jpg

There is also a RBA menu that uses a ( BLUE SCREEN ) along with a ( GREEN SCREEN ) that is used when in TC mode. All the screen colors are very bright and vivid with all the details you need nicely placed on the screen. Because of picture limitations I am unable to show them but they are indeed bright and vivid also.

The menu system is a very simple easy one

* 5 presses of the power button turns the device on/off
    * Once on the Argus GT defaults to smart mode ( YELLOW SCREEN )
    * 3 quick presses of the power button puts you in RBA mode ( BLUE SCREEN ) which allows you to reach 160w
    * 3 more quick presses of the power button puts you in TC mode ( GREEN SCREEN )
    using the up/down buttons move to the desired metal you want and press the power button for detailed adjustments
    * Pressing and holding the power and + button at the same time will lock/unlock the device
    * Pressing and holding the power and - button at the same time will clear the puff counter

One last plus I want to address is how narrow the Argus GT, comfort feel in the hand is really great either the thumb or finger to fire the device. As I've said earlier, this is a lightweight narrow and solidly built device that I have been using for a little over 2 weeks and in that time I've had 0 leaks or drops of liquid seep anyplace from the Pod/Tank. The Argus GT also has a fast scroll speed and firers very fast with no delay.

PROS
    * Attractive
    * Lightweight
    * Narrow
    * Bright screen
    * Instant Fire
    * Type-C 2amp charging
    * 160 Output
    * Strong Tank Magnets
    * Great Flavor
    * Smooth Airflow
    * Compatible With All PNP Coils

CONS
    * No Polarity Markings Inside The Battery Sled
    * Slight Tank Gap

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Voopoo has made a narrow, lightweight, attractive device with a bright screen with all the details you need laid out nicely. Voopoo just keeps raising the bar with new device they produce and the Argus GT is no exception. I've always been a fan of the PNP Pod/Tank using the VM6 Coil and now I can use it on any device that has a 510 receptor because of the 510 adapter. I also just found out that Voopoo has a RTA Pod/Tank . This also will fit any device with a 510 receptor.

voopoo_pnp_rta_pod_tank-jpg.896501

As you can tell I'm thoroughly happy with the Voopoo Argus GT Kit and think you would be also, this is another winner from Voopoo. Folks I can't stress enough on how lightweight this device is and has functioned perfectly.

VOOPOO ARGUS GT OPENING PICTURE.jpg

In closing I would like to thank Thea and Voopoo for providing the Argus GT Kit for review. I hope this review help anyone looking to purchase the Voopoo Argus GT Kit.

Thank You
    Bigbob2322

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Hello again folks I hope everyone's having a great day, the review today is on a more traditional box mod kit called the Argus GT from Voopoo. The Argus GT Kit is a duel 18650 box mod and comes with the PNP Pod/Tank that has been used in the Vinci and Drag X/S line. It's nice to see Voopoo release a more traditional box mod along with the successful PNP Pod/Tank with a new upgrade that really makes me happy. I'll cover the upgrade and all the features of this kit later but first as always lets get to know the Argus GT Kit a little bit better.

COLORS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Full_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE ARGUS GT KIT

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Package.png

SPECIFICATIONS AND PARAMETERS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Parameter.png

HOUSING THE GENE.TT CHIP

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Chip.png

30% LIGHTER THAN A USUAL MOD

d430f28daba77bfdc19497231b4f054b.jpg

160W MAX POWER

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_160W_Power.png

DUEL 18650 WITH TYPE-C 2AMP CHARGING

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Battery.png

WATTAGE AND TC MODES

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_TC_Mode.png

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTION

54ffd9e961605cca56c34c0fb8c5a9e9.jpg

510 PNP POD/TANK ADAPTER

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP_Pod_Tank.png

POWERFUL MAGNETS

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_Bottom_Filling.png

PNP-VM5 AND PNP-VM6 MESH COILS INCLUDED

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP-VM5_Coil.png

VOOPOO_Argus_GT_Kit_PnP-VM6_Coil.png

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PNP COILS

15456ec05ad5d28e9c424a6b6c5a9ecf.jpg

4889392547985acda999e4dd9c3b1aaa.jpg

DUEL AIRFLOW POD/TANK

a83701d2d03a958a04436f65b24b3e5b.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

My first reaction after removing the kit from it's shipping container was shock along with joy because the Argus GT Kit comes housed in a little storage case with a Argus GT wrapper sleeve around it.

Removing the sleeve and opening up the storage container revealed the Argus GT Kit.

View attachment 897103
    View attachment 897105

That is a very nice bonus from Voopoo, the outlined foam can be removed if one wishes to. I was very pleased to see the familiar PNP Pod/Tank as it's a favorite of mine using the VM6 Mesh coil. As was shown earlier it ships with the VM5 and VM6 Mesh coils.

The PNP Pod/Tank is the same but what's different is the Argus GT Kit also comes with the new Adapt PNP Coil 510 adapter that allows the user to use the PNP Pod/Tank on any device that accepts a male 510 pin and also gives the user the ability if they own other PNP Pods/Tanks to switch flavors on the fly because they are held to the 510 base magnetically. If your not familiar with this Pod/Tank it provides plenty of airflow using a duel slotted style airflow and can be reduced to a very restricted DL, just remember to drop your wattage though. The Drip Tip is proprietary and can't be removed but is very comfortable to use. It is bottom fill that has a large fill slot,( mess free) and rubber plug.

View attachment 897117

Hears a shot of the VM5 0.2Ω ( 40-60w ) and VM6 0.15Ω ( 60-80w ) Mesh Coils that are provided in the Argus GT Kit. The VM6 on the right is my favorite coil in the PNP line.

View attachment 897121

Alright folks I've covered the Pod/Tank and now lets have a look at the Argus GT Device. When I picked it up the fist thing I noticed was the weight or lack there of it, WOW this device is very lightweight being made of zinc alloy and leather. The Argus name is beautifully branded in a two tone leather wrap on the spine along with Voopoo branding on one side of the device. The 510 is spring loaded and the 510 top plate has grooves cut in it for atomizers that get their air from the 510. A 25mm tank will fit and look all right with a slight over hang. View attachment 897135

Batteries are installed at the bottom of the device via a battery door by sliding the end outward opening the battery compartment. There are 2 things you will notice in the next picture, the first is your probably saying it's all wet with water splatter, I actually thought it was machine oil and tried in vain for a few minutes to remove it, it's throughout the whole device border and top & bottom. The second thing is 2 little rubber feet located below design by Voopoo marking. They stop the device from sliding to easily on a table. ( NICE FEATURE )

View attachment 897141

Battery polarity is marked only on the battery door, no polarity markings inside the device.

View attachment 897161

The Argus GT uses a Type-C connection for charging and firmware updates and is located on the bottom side of the device. ( NOTICE THE WATER SPATTER LOOK ).

View attachment 897165

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I would be surprised if anyone didn't think this device wasn't gorgeous with the two toned leather wrap and metal along with a very bright screen that has 3 colors depending on what mode your in. By default the Argus GT is in smart mode ( YELLOW SCREEN ) , smart mode is a protection mode that senses your coil and prevents you from going over the coils max wattage rating ruining your coil.

View attachment 897167

There is also a RBA menu that uses a ( BLUE SCREEN ) along with a ( GREEN SCREEN ) that is used when in TC mode. All the screen colors are very bright and vivid with all the details you need nicely placed on the screen. Because of picture limitations I am unable to show them but they are indeed bright and vivid also.

The menu system is a very simple easy one

* 5 presses of the power button turns the device on/off
    * Once on the Argus GT defaults to smart mode ( YELLOW SCREEN )
    * 3 quick presses of the power button puts you in RBA mode ( BLUE SCREEN ) which allows you to reach 160w
    * 3 more quick presses of the power button puts you in TC mode ( GREEN SCREEN )
    using the up/down buttons move to the desired metal you want and press the power button for detailed adjustments
    * Pressing and holding the power and + button at the same time will lock/unlock the device
    * Pressing and holding the power and - button at the same time will clear the puff counter

One last plus I want to address is how narrow the Argus GT, comfort feel in the hand is really great either the thumb or finger to fire the device. As I've said earlier, this is a lightweight narrow and solidly built device that I have been using for a little over 2 weeks and in that time I've had 0 leaks or drops of liquid seep anyplace from the Pod/Tank. The Argus GT also has a fast scroll speed firers very fast with no delay.

PROS
    * Attractive
    * Lightweight
    * Narrow
    * Bright screen
    * Instant Fire
    * Type-C 2amp charging
    * 160 Output
    * Strong Tank Magnets
    * Great Flavor
    * Smooth Airflow
    * Compatible With All PNP Coils

CONS
    * No Polarity Markings Inside The Battery Sled
    * Slight Tank Gap

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Voopoo has proven that a narrow, lightweight, attractive device with a bright screen with all the details you need laid out nicely. Voopoo just keeps raising the bar with new device they produce and the Argus GT is no exception. I've always been a fan of the PNP Pod/Tank using the VM6 Coil and now I can use it on any device that has a 510 receptor because of the 510 adapter. I also just found out that Voopoo has a RTA Pod/Tank . This also will fit any device with a 510 receptor.

voopoo_pnp_rta_pod_tank-jpg.896501

As you can tell I'm thoroughly happy with the Voopoo Argus GT Kit and think you would be also, this is another winner from Voopoo. Folks I can't stress enough on how lightweight this device is and has functioned perfectly.

View attachment 897261

In closing I would like to thank Thea and Voopoo for providing the Argus GT Kit for review. I hope this review help anyone looking to purchase the Voopoo Argus GT Kit.

Thank You
    Bigbob2322
    Excellent review. Thanks Bob

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Thanks for the review @bigbob2322 ! That is the first voopoo product I am struggling not to buy since the drag original.

I always wanted one but I hated their marketing so much (it was really um I will call it juvenile and sometimes foul) but like they seem to have grown up and are not posting near naked women.

I don not hold a grudge so I could see me getting one it's a pretty sweet looking mod. Hopefully Voopoo does not either although I doubt I would buy direct from them.

I really really wanted a drag though I hear they are next to impossible to find so now like eh, well I pay for my puritanism.

Anna

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Well detailed and written. Does this mod also have an IP67 rating? I see the USB has a cover.
    No IP67 rating for the Argus GT, just a fantastic almost feather light duel 18650 mod with style that comes with a proven winner of a Pod/Tank.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thanks for the review @bigbob2322 ! That is the first voopoo product I am struggling not to buy since the drag original.

I always wanted one but I hated their marketing so much (it was really um I will call it juvenile and sometimes foul) but like they seem to have grown up and are not posting near naked women.

I don not hold a grudge so I could see me getting one it's a pretty sweet looking mod. Hopefully Voopoo does not either although I doubt I would buy direct from them.

I really really wanted a drag though I hear they are next to impossible to find so now like eh, well I pay for my puritanism.

Anna
    The original Drag 157 is hard to find, with the Argus GT having the PNP Pod/Tank that is almost indestructible I think you are safe with it Anna. ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I highly recommend the Argus GT both of you, the weight of this device is featherweight but feels solid along with the narrow width, function and gorgeous looks makes it a winner in my book. I'll probably get 1 or 2 more.

View attachment 899319

Ok, you talked me into it. I just ordered one. Do you know if the rta listed for the drag x/s will fit on this one?

Reactions: Rob B.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread