Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for another review, todays review is on device in the Voopoo Argus line and it's called the Argus Air. The Argus Air is a Pod system that has adjustable wattage and uses a internal battery and also has adjustable airflow, but only 2 airflow choices are offered in this device. After we get to know the Argus Air a little bit more in detail I'll give you my findings on it after using it for a couple of weeks.

COLOR CHOICES

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE ARGUS AIR

VOOPOO-ARGUS-Air-POD-KIT-900mAh_08_e4e431.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

9728362-7.jpg

AUTO DRAW OR BUTTON ACTIVATION

voopoo-argus-air-15.jpg

voopoo-argus-air-11.jpg

2 AIRFLOW CHOICES

voopoo-argus-air-14.jpg

POWER OUTPUT 5-25 WATTS

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_Adjustable_Power.jpg

GENE.AI CHIP

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_GENE_AI.jpg

900 mAH INTERNAL BATTERY WITH TYPE-C 2 AMP CHARGING

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_900mAH.jpg

TWO PODS INCLUDED

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Pod_Kit_Double_fun_with_two_pods.jpg

EASY SIDE FILL AND POWERFUL MAGNETS

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_Magnet.jpg

SEVEN SAFETY PROTECTIONS

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_Protection.jpg

PNP-T1 INCLUDED COIL

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_New_Level_for_RDL.jpg

VOOPOO RECOMMENDED coils FOR ARGUS AIR

VOOPOO_Argus_Air_Kit_PnP_Coild.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The Argus Air comes in a box with a slide inner compartment that houses the device and two pods that sit in a nicely packaged tray with the charging cable, user manual and coil contained in a box underneath the tray. You will notice the top Pod has a blue fill port cover on it and that one is a disposable pod that when the coil life is over toss it, the coil can't be replaced, but the other Pod with the black fill port cover has the replaceable coil .

20200804_143638.jpg

The Pods themselves are connected to the device using magnets that are very strong and secure and are side filled. The fill port in nicely positioned on the side toward the bottom of the Pod making full filling of the Pod easier.

20200815_095321.jpg

20200804_151005.jpg

I find the Argus Air to be a very attractive looking device with a leather wrap that has Argus embossed on one side and Voopoo embossed on the other side. On the bottom of the device is it's Type-C charge port.

20200815_095628.jpg

20200822_134937.jpg

What's nice with the Argus Air is you have a very bright LED screen located under the power button which is the only button on the device.

20200804_153129.jpg

The PNP - TM1 0.6Ω coil that is provided is a very wide type of mesh that has good flavor.

20200804_150349.jpg

As I said earlier the Argus Air only has one button which is the power button and to get into the menu is done with a couple of button combinations , pressing the power button 3 times quickly puts you in the wattage adjustment mode , once in this mode you will notice the W on the screen begin to blink once it's blinking each press of the power button will increase your wattage up to 25 then will round robin back to 5w .

Pressing the power button 5 times gives you a screen with 3 options being LOCK, POWER OFF AND PUFF CLEAR along with EXIT. Once in this menu each press of the power button will move you along and when your on the selection you want a long press of the power button puts you there. In lock mode only draw activation works the power button becomes non functioning. Turning the device off is done with a long press of the power button when in power off setting.

The Argus Air gives the user 2 air flow settings that is adjusted by rotating the pod 180°. Here is a couple of pictures of both air flow selections. The first is a single hole and the second shows a hole along with 2 slots.

20200822_135659.jpg

20200822_135219.jpg

I find the Argus Air to be a very attractive lightweight device that has a semi clear pod with a nice Pod capacity and a vert easy menu system. Having a screen that has a good layout and is very bright is a big plus . I think this is really a MTL only Pod system because of the set airflow choices that are provided. Using the fixed coil pod was a great experience for me but wished for a 3rd airflow setting using the coil replaceable Pod .

Both Pods produced good flavor and have lasted a long time. I really wish this device had fully adjustable air flow because it would be almost perfect for what it's intended to be. One things for sure though the Argus Air like it's big brother is gorgeous.

20200822_141222.jpg

PROS
    * ATTRACTIVE
    * POCKETABLE
    * TYPE-C
    * 2AMP CHARGING
    * LIGHT TINTING ON POD
    * LIGHTWEIGHT
    * BUTTON OR AUTO DRAW ACTIVATION
    * 3.8ML
    * STRONG POD MAGNETS
    * EASY MENU SYSTEM
    * VERY BRIGHT SCREEN

CONS
    * AIR FLOW NOT FULLY ADJUSTABLE

I would like to thank Thea, Judy and Voopoo for sending the Argus Air for review and I hope this review helped anyone planning on purchasing the Argus Air.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB 2322

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Don't quote me @ricks but I don't think there is a RBA coil for the Argus Air yet.
    I think you are right. I won the Argus Air in a giveaway on here and had been browsing online for an RBA for it. There are several for other Voopoo pods, but nothing that states compatibility with the Argus Air that I have found.

Well written review BTW.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I think you are right. I won the Argus Air in a giveaway on here and had been browsing online for an RBA for it. There are several for other Voopoo pods, but nothing that states compatibility with the Argus Air that I have found.

Well written review BTW.
    Just because they don't say it doesn't mean it won't... If you want one there are 4 choices of RBA's that will work in these.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Hey Bob. Another cracking review bud. I like carrying a pod with me as a backup stealth device, and this looks a winner. I know I love my Drag X. I can only imagine that this is a great supplement to their bigger devices.

Just a quick heads up. In the last line of the intro, you called it the Aegis Air.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Just because they don't say it doesn't mean it won't... If you want one there are 4 choices of RBA's that will work in these.
    I don't have much knowledge regarding Voopoo coils, so I was concerned that there might be a size difference or something. Thanks for the info.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I don't have much knowledge regarding Voopoo coils, so I was concerned that there might be a size difference or something. Thanks for the info.
    With my search for a Vinci Air RBA coil, they didn't list any for it but they all did say the RBA's will fit all of the other VooPoo Vinci pod systems that use PnP series coils, just like the Air. So too me it just meant that these RBA's will fit the Air. And they all do. I have found 4 of them. I use 2 of the VooPoo ones and I just ordered a different one too try.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    With my search for a Vinci Air RBA coil, they didn't list any for it but they all did say the RBA's will fit all of the other VooPoo Vinci pod systems that use PnP series coils, just like the Air. So too me it just meant that these RBA's will fit the Air. And they all do. I have found 4 of them. I use 2 of the VooPoo ones and I just ordered a different one too try.
    Cool. I wasn't sure if the Argus Air was considered part of the "Vinci" line or not. I will look into getting one of the RBAs listed above. Thanks.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Reactions: Rob B.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hey Bob. Another cracking review bud. I like carrying a pod with me as a backup stealth device, and this looks a winner. I know I love my Drag X. I can only imagine that this is a great supplement to their bigger devices.

Just a quick heads up. In the last line of the intro, you called it the Aegis Air.
    Thanks for the heads up, a lot of these device names are so close to one another and being in a rush as always it slipped by. It's correct name is now in place. Thank you Rob.

• Love
    Reactions: Rob B.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread