hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello folks. I’m back again with another review. This time I will be taking a look at the Voopoo Doric 20 Pod Kit that was sent to me in order to provide this review. The Doric 20 is a smaller version of the Doric 60 that I reviewed not too long ago. The Doric 20 has an aluminum alloy body with a PCTG pod and contains a 1500mah battery and a 1.5A charging capacity via the USB-C charging port.

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Aesthetics.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_5_Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Specifications.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Supports ITO series coils

2. New cavity design for better leakage prevention

3. Accurate air holes matching brings excellent MTL vaping

4. Corrugated anti-skid design

5. Slim aluminum alloy body

6. Visible pod with better leakage prevention

7. Stable power output tech brings stable flavor

8. ITO airflow design helps to control airflow and solve leakage problem

9. Dual activate modes: Puffing or Button-pressing

10. 1.5A upgraded Type-C fast charging

11. Output Over-current/Over Discharge/Max Power/Short-circuit/Overtime/Over-temperature/Overcharge Protection

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Air_Holes.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Anti_Leakage.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Anti_Skid_Design.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Dual_Activate_Modes.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Features.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Innovative_Flavor_Optimal.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_ITO_Coils.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_ITO_Flavor.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Safety_Protections.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Stable_Power.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Type_C_Charging.jpg

VOOPOO_Doric_20_Kit_Visible_Cartridge.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging of the Doric 20 is very similar to what it was on the Doric 60. You open one end of the box and the device slides out while sitting in a plastic tray and the accessory box is strategically placed underneath to conserve space and box size.

Included in the package is the Doric 20 that has a 1500mah battery which I think is a great capacity for this size of device. Already installed is the empty pod and in the accessory package are two coils which are 1.0 ohm rated at 10, 12, and 14 watts depending on the setting and a 1.2 ohm coil rated at 8, 10, and 12 watts depending on the setting. Also included in the accessory package is a USB-C charging cable and a user manual.

On the front of the Doric 20 is the Doric name etched near the bottom and above that is a single button and indicator light. The Doric 20 can be activated with the fire button or can be used in auto draw. The button operation is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on or off

- Press the fire button three times to change the output level

- The three output levels are: High=Green/ Medium=Blue/ Low=Red

- The device will auto lock after 15 minutes and can be woken by either pressing the fire button or simply taking a puff

The indicator light also acts as a battery level indicator when the device is activated normally. The three levels of the batter are as follows.

- Green= 66-100%

- Blue= 33-66%

- Red= <33%

upload_2021-10-17_9-39-24.png

On the back side of the unit is the airflow slide control with three airflow holes and a lever sticking out that makes the adjustment very easy but is stiff enough to not move too easily. Also found on the back is the USB-C charging port.

upload_2021-10-17_9-40-13.png

upload_2021-10-17_9-40-29.png

On the top of the Doric 20 is the pod receptacle that contains the two spring loaded gold plated contacts and not visible is the airflow sensor tube which sits a little higher than the base. Even though there is the metal ring inside that we normally see with magnetic pods, this one does not have magnets but the pods snap into place very securely and it takes a bit of effort to remove them.

upload_2021-10-17_9-41-4.png

On the bottom of the mod is a silicon cover with two battery vent holes. My guess is that the silicon is to prevent the device from sliding when sitting upright on a table or other flat surface but the diameter is so small on this device that it still could be easily knocked over. I have just been laying it down flat when not in use.

upload_2021-10-17_9-41-43.png

The 2ml pods are clear with very little tint to them which I greatly appreciate the ease with which the liquid level can be seen. The coils are simply push to seat. I do wish though that with a 1500mah battery capacity that the liquid capacity could have been a little more like perhaps 3ml.

upload_2021-10-17_9-42-25.png

The tip of the pod is fixed but it is comfortable enough to me. This pod is a side fill. The rubber plug has the Voopoo name on it and has an arrow on it pointing to the side to lift in order to fill. I was able to use a standard 10ml plastic bottle to easily fill the pod and once again since it is mostly clear you can easily see the liquid while filling so you don’t make a mess.

As I mentioned earlier, there are two coils included in the kit. There is a 1.0 ohm and a 1.2 ohm coil. It might have been nice had they made the o rings different colors on the coils to make it easier for the visually challenged to tell the difference in resistances.

upload_2021-10-17_9-43-3.png

upload_2021-10-17_9-43-27.png

upload_2021-10-17_9-43-43.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I actually enjoyed testing the Voopoo Doric 20 pod kit. I felt like both coils provided good flavor and a decent amount of vapor. I did find that when on the highest setting that the tip could get a little hot if chain vaping but was not an issue with normal use.

I very much like that the Doric 20 has an airflow control. I did end up running it completely open most of the time but it’s good to have the option to tighten up the airflow if you feel like it. I found myself running mostly in the medium range with both coils.

I like that Voopoo stuck with mostly clear pods on this one. I do wish it had a little more liquid capacity or that they had included a second pod in the kit. I had no leaking during my time using the Doric 20 which was over a week of use. I really hadn’t noticed any condensation either. This is a big improvement from some of the other Voopoo pods that I’ve used in the past.

The Doric offers both button fire and auto draw functions and I found it most natural to use it in auto draw. Even with the airflow slide completely open, the auto draw sensor worked very well which is another improvement on Voopoo’s part compared to past auto draw devices. I feel like they are constantly trying to improve on their products and it shows in their airflow sensor on this one and the Drag Nano 2.

So, would I recommend the Voopoo Doric 20 for you to purchase? Here’s the thing, if you want what seems to be a solid pocket carry device that could possibly last a day out and about depending on your vaping style then yes I’d recommend it but you’re going to need to carry a bottle of liquid or extra pods since I doubt that 2ml will last most people a day but the 1500mah battery very well might.

I’d like to thank Voopoo and Milo for sending the Doric 20 pod system for this review and also thanks go out to all the readers. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to look around.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread