Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 1.jpg

voopoo drag 3 & TPP tank

The latest DRAG mod dual battery was released more than 2 years ago, fans of the famous Voopoo Mod have followed its evolution from the original Drag 157 to the current version.

Drag 3 with updated GENE.FAN 2.0 chipset, offers a maximum output of 177W with an "insta-fire" of just 0.001 seconds, has 4 vape options, the latest firmware update includes TC mode (NI-TI- SS).

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 2.jpg

The 5.5ml Pod-Tank TPP is also installed on the new Drag X Plus (21700 battery), the TPP Tank uses new TPP Mesh Coil, I have several VooPoo devices with the excellent PnP coils and during the recent Test I was favorably impressed by this update.

Of course I will try to give my opinion on Drag 3 as well by describing the kit to the best of my ability.

Enjoy the reading

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 3.jpg

The Drag 3 cardboard packaging shows the front; an image of the Kit, the name of the product and the indication on the color of this item (Prussian Blue).

On the back of the box you will find; the packing list, the scratch & check, some warnings, the manufacturer's address, his email, the official website and the indication of the area of origin.

Sideways in the form of icons are the social networks where VooPoo promotes the brand and some main features of this item.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 4.jpg

Package Includes:
    1 x DRAG 3 device
    1 x TPP Pod-Tank (5.5ml)
    1 x TPP-DM1 Mesh Coil 0.15Ω 60-80W (Best 65-75W)
    1 x TPP-DM2 Mesh Coil 0.2Ω 40-60W (Best 50-55W)
    1 x Type-C charging cable.
    1 x User Manual

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 5.jpg

Features and Parameters:
    Construction: Zinc alloy, leather and PCTG.
    Dimensions: 122x50.25x25mm
    Mod weight: 120g
    Battery: Dual 18650 (not included)
    Chipset: GENE.FAN 2.0 updated
    Firing Speed: 0.001s
    Output power: 5-177W.
    Voltage output range: 6.4-8.4V.
    Modes: Smart / RBA / TC / SUPER
    Resistance range: 0.1-3.0Ω
    Display: 1.08 "Color TFT
    Charging Port: Type C.
    TPP Tank Capacity: 5.5ml
    Refil: From below

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 6.jpg

Available colours:
    Classic, Marsala, Prussian Blue, Sandy Brown, Smoky Gray.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 7.jpg

Drag 3 Kit First Impressions:
    I received the Prussian Blue version which I like very much, however I also find the other colors available very beautiful and elegant.

The first impression is that this Drag 3 looks different than the Drag 1 and 2 that preceded it, the shapes and dimensions of Drag 3 are much more similar to those of Argus GT which is another dual battery mod from VooPoo.
    Also the weight of the Drag 3 (120g) is much closer to that of the very light Argus GT (105g) than that of the Drag 2 Refresh Edition (160g).

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 8.jpg

Unlike Argus GT, Drag 3 shares with previous generations the frame material which is made of zinc alloy.
    The Drag 3's beautiful leather finish is pleasant to the touch, and the device is almost as comfortable and portable as Argus GT. Overall Drag 3 is a flashy but rather attractive Mod, the kit includes the new Pod-Tank TPP made of zinc alloy, this tank is quite bulky, however it integrates well with the line of the Mod. The Tank turns out to be in color with the color of the frame, so for Drag 3 kit you can have the right color combination among the various options available.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 9.jpg

Front Drag 3 uses a vivid 1.08 "color (TFT) screen that clearly shows vaping data and offers the ability to display two different themes; Vertical display (Iron) or horizontal display (Core), really a good idea for non getting too bored with a monothematic display.
    The Fire button and the “+” and “-” adjustment buttons are identical to the excellent ones of the previous Drag 2, the charging socket instead has been updated with a more modern Type-C.

Compared to Drag 2, the handle is also different, Drag 3 adapts better to the palm of the hand, the shapes are softer and the leather upholstery with double vertical stitching is embellished at the top by the badge bearing the word "DRAG".

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The removable door for access to the Drag 2 battery compartment has disappeared. The material of the side panels now is a successful mix of leather and metal.
    The large DRAG 3 inscription hot stamped on the leather occupies a large part of the side profile, on the silver perimeter there is a small inscription "Gene", on the other side on the leather you will find a plate with the inscription "VOOPOO".

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 11.jpg

510 connection and batteries:
    The upper part of the Drag 3 sees the presence of a 510 cup with floating pin, the cup is screwed to the mod via two screws and is slightly raised to avoid scratches when screwing / unscrewing the tanks. Atomizers up to 25mm diameter can be installed without protruding.

The method of accessing the compartment / batteries is therefore different to that of Drag 2 and is identical to that of Argus GT (press, slide and lift). Personally this is the configuration that I prefer to insert the batteries, moreover the opening / closing of the door is precise and reliable.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 12.jpg

The new Drag 3 is powered by a pair of 18650 batteries, the inside of the door is clearly marked with the symbols "+" and "-" for correct insertion of the cells.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 13.jpg

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 14.jpg

TPP Tank Platform:

VooPoo therefore also renews the TPP Pod Tank, (the same tank used on the Drag X Plus) through a universal 510 connector that supports all the previous types of Pod-Tank PnP.
    The air inlet slots are fully adjustable and have been revised and increased to maximize the greater overall atomization efficiency of the new TPP Coils.
    The liquid capacity of the TPP Tank has been increased to 5.5ml while the PNP Tank reaches 4.5ml.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 15 (2).jpg

TPP Tank exploded view:
    Composed of zinc alloy and transparent PCTG the Tank has gained a replaceable 810 drip-tip, the drip-tip has two sealing rings and fits well in the Top-Cap, the visibility of the liquid inside is optimal thanks to the good transparency of the PCTG material. TPP Tank uses the usual and tested magnetic / circular connection system to the base with refill from below. Coils are always inserted with the "Press and Pull" method.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 16.jpg

TPP Coil:
    Both new TPP Coils use "Mesh" technology and have large windows with a large design for greater liquid absorption, in the photo below you can also see the dimensional difference with the PnP Coils.

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 17.jpg

Vaping test:
    Being the Tank / Coil system identical to that of the new Drag X Plus, I copy / paste the vape test and add further final impressions. (I just finished the Drag X Plus review).

- Coil TPP-DM1, 0.15Ω 60-80W (Best 65-75W):
    GENE.FAN 2.0 with Smart mode this coil is activated at 65W and as soon as you start to vape you hear a whistle in the distance that is that of a train full of aroma and steam, after a few minutes the valley is filled with an impressive blanket of fog , you will feel like swimming in a sea of strawberries and bananas. A show!

- Coil TPP-DM2, 0.2Ω 40-60W (Best 50-55W):
    GENE.FAN 2.0 with Smart mode this coil is activated at 50w, the aromatic yield is equally record-breaking, I find very few differences compared to the 0.15Ω, I am sincere and apart from a slightly "fresher" vapor I would not know the difference without reading the display!

The airflow of the TPP Tank becomes noisy and hissing when the AFC closes too much, however you have to consider that the TPP Coils work very well and without loud noises with AFC wide open.
    In general, I find TPP Coils better than excellent PnPs, they offer greater performance but also longer life, the large breathability holes ensure better power supply.

With both these Super-coils and to avoid excessive condensation phenomena, I would advise you to stick to the wattages recommended by VooPoo, the Puff is very greasy and humid, vaping at too low wattages you run the risk that the coil does not vaporize the liquid correctly, creating a supercharging effect.

Having said that, all you have to do is fully enjoy your liquids.

VooPoo Drag 3 Operation Guide:
    On the screen (Iron Theme) you can see; in the upper left the writing "Drag", in the upper right the double charge level of the cells, further down the watts and the mode used are shown; Smart (S), RBA (R), Super (_Super_).
    There are also the total number of puffs, coil value (Ω), voltage (V), duration of the last puff and a graphic equalizer of the puff [p].
    The power is adjustable from 5 to 177W with an increase / decrease of 1W at a time.

Key combination:
    - Five clicks on the Fire key to turn on / off the mod.
    - Three clicks on the fire key to choose between Smart mode or RBA mode, additional 3 clicks to select TC mode.
    - 1) Smart Mode (Yellow Display) Gene Chip automatically sets the coil to optimum wattage and prevents an adjustment above the physical limit of the coil by indicating "Max Power" on the display.
    - 2) RBA Mode (Blue Display) Allows you to freely adjust the power.
    - 3) Super Mode (Red Display) When in RBA mode reach 81w the display turns red and the chipset automatically selects super mode, super mode is highlighted in the bottom center of the display.
    - 4) TC mode allows you to adjust 3 different types of material (TI-NI-SS).
    - Puff reset, click the "-" and Fire keys at the same time.
    - To view the ID and Level code press the Up, Down and Fire buttons simultaneously.
    - To quickly lock the screen press the "+" and Fire keys simultaneously.
    - To change the theme press the "-" and "+" keys simultaneously, select "Iron" for the classic display view, select "Core" to view the display horizontally.

* Here you can install Software updates, latest update (TC) MANUAL & SOFTWARE-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 18.jpg

Security features and system notifications:

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 19.jpg

Final remarks.
    The new Drag 3 is a Mod that compared to the previous generation has a more ergonomic shape and a lower weight, it has almost reached the comfort of the very light Argus GT always by VooPoo.
    The level of charm and accurate finishes common to many VooPoo products is confirmed, the new Chipset works as well as the previous one, perhaps even better!
    The sprint at the touch of the fire button is immediate and the power delivery curve is beautiful linear, the pair of 18650 batteries is well managed during the cycle, ensuring a considerable duration even at rather high powers.
    Smart mode is useful as it identifies the coil and sets the correct wattage, and also prevents the recommended wattage from being exceeded. This is always a good feature as it helps not to accidentally burn the coils.
    The brightness of the screen allows for easy reading of the data, I really like the new horizontal display "Core Theme".
    The new Tank makes use of the TPP platform which makes all previous Pod / Tank compatible.
    Needless to add the wonderful performance of the new TPP Mesh Coil, fantastic!
    The screen lock feature does not allow you to vape and that is probably the only limitation of this wonderful e-cig.

During this test I had a lot of fun and I had no problems, it seems that Voopoo raises the level a bit with each new release, so if you are looking for a very good Dual Battery Mod I can recommend Drag 3 Kit with pleasure.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to VooPoo for sending me the review kit:
    VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

VooPoo Drag  3 & TPP Tank 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread