Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-1.gif

Hi, today let's take a look at the voopoo drag E60 Kit. I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item in this Test. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

voopoo drag E60 Kit; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Powered by built-in 2550mAh battery and GENE.TT chip
    • 2. Smart / RBA / ECO mode to meet different needs
    • 3. Suitable for VOOPOO PnP Pod II and all PnP Coils
    • 4. 4.5ml e-juice capacity, easy top filling system
    • 5. Multiple protections to ensure safe use

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-2.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Packaging:
    On the front of this package you can see the image of Drag E60 Kit with the same color that will be present inside (Coffee), in fact the coffee-colored leather decoration of the mod is taken up against the background of the cardboard together with the shaded black. There are also the inscriptions "VooPoo" and "DRAG E60" in silver color.

On the back you can find; the content, notices, contact details of Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd, trademarks and logos required by law. On the side of the box you can see the main features in the form of icons, various QR-codes, a label with the wording sample (for reviewers), and some barcodes. Opening the package you will find two shelves, the first consists of a case that contains the spare part's, below you will find the plastic tray that contains the Kit.

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-3.jpg

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-4.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Packing List:
    • 1x Device Drag E60
    • 1x 4.5ml PnP Pod II
    • 1x PnP TW30 Mesh-Coil 0.3Ω Range 28-36W
    • 1x PnP TW20 Mesh-Coil 0.2Ω Range 40-55W
    • 1x Type-C charging cable
    • 1x User Manual

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-5.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Specifications:
    • Size: 94 * 24.9 * 46mm
    • Battery: 2550 mAh (Integrated)
    • Maximum output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Power range: 5-60W
    • Charging voltage: 5V / 2A
    • Supported resistance range: 0.1-3.0Ω
    • Tank capacity: 4.5ml (Standard Edition) / 2ml (TPD Edition)
    • Compatible with all PnP Coils (Based on the 60W power of the Mod)

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-6.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Available colours:
    • Golden
    • Pink
    • Gray
    • Black
    • Coffee
    • Carbon Fiber

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-7.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; First Impressions:
    VooPoo never rests, its desire to introduce new systems never seen before is incessant and fruitful. This time I have the pleasure of talking about the first of the two new Drag that have been sent to me. I was undecided whether to open a discussion regarding both devices, then I freely chose to treat them individually because there are some fairly obvious design differences that in my opinion deserve a separate discussion. The first of the VooPoo that I am considering has a much loved form factor which is that of the "briefcase" or Pico-like Mods. Of course, this mod is revisited in a modern way, with superior decorations that belong to the prestigious VooPoo brand. The dimensions are extremely compact, in fact we do not find the classic 18650 external battery, but a compact internal accumulator with a good 2,550mAh that has little to envy to the glorious external 18650 cell in terms of capacity. The compactness of the internal battery allows above all to save the volume of the Mod especially in height. So apart from the beautiful decorations, the nostalgic design and the compact high-density internal battery, where are the other innovations? Some of them are very important, and they concern the Tank and everything that goes around it like; refill, new PnP coils, and new AFC adjustment system. We will discover together what awaits us; but in the meantime we remain on the tactile sensations and portability of this new Kit which are both fantastic features! Let's let the images talk for a moment, even if I'm not a professional photographer ... Below you can see the Drag trio of wonders! The pretty E60 of this review in the company of the new H80S that will be the subject of the next review and the phenomenal Q Kit for MTL. Finally, the E60 Kit housed in my hand where it finds ample space.

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-8.jpg

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-9.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; 360 ° side view:
    The "Coffee" color is the one that was sent to me for review. The name undoubtedly takes its cue from the color of the refined imitation leather decoration, which surrounds most of the side panels and the entire area reserved for the grip (handle). This kind of decoration will not be an absolute novelty in the world of Vaping, but it is always well appreciated when it is present, and when it manages to transmit qualitative feedback of a good level. The beautiful visible stitching on the perimeter of this decorative insert and the refined golden "DRAG" lettering in relief above one of the two side panels make a fine show. The frame is painted in matt black which goes well with the color of the new circular Pod above. The lines of the E60 frame are a successful mix between the classic square shapes of the Drag family and between the rounded belt that incorporates the invisible and unprecedented AFC system at the bottom. The "windows" above the AFC slots are useful for viewing the last drops of e-liquid inside the new circular cartridge by VooPoo.

Voo-Poo-Drag-E60-10.jpg

The control panel includes; the classic circular Fire button, the Type-C charging port, the rocker of the "+ and -" adjustment buttons and also houses the generous colored display. The characters are clearly visible and bright as is the custom of VooPoo. The information shown on the display is numerous and apparently precise. The interaction between the Gene TT Chipset and the 3 keys allows you to have some rather interesting customized features and configurations.

VooPoo Drag  E60 11.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Operation Guide:
    • Start / Shut Down Device: Quickly press Fire five times
    • Lock / Unlock Device: Press Fire and the "+" button at the same time
    • Menu Screen: Press the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously to enter the settings screen, use the "+" or "-" button to select the setting option, then press Fire to confirm.
    • MODE: In the settings screen, select the "MODE" option and in the secondary screen, select: "SMART" or "RBA" or "ECO"
    • SMART: The PnP coil is identified, suggesting the best power to prevent the coil from burning due to a wrong and too high power choice.
    • RBA: User defined adjustable power in the range from 5W to 60W.
    • ECO: During the vape when only 40% of remaining battery capacity remains, the chipset sends a notification and asks you if you intend to activate the ECO mode. Then the device can enter the power saving mode to ensure maximum battery life. GENE TT then detects the corresponding setting providing the minimum energy to the coils for energy saving.
    • PUFF RESET: The number of PUFFs can be reset
    • ABOUT DEVICE: Displays information about the device
    • Charging: Supports 5V / 2A charging. It is recommended to use the Type-C cable provided by VOOPOO to charge the device.

VooPoo Drag  E60 12.jpg

► Software update:
    • Please fully charge the device before performing the update operation. Consumers can access VOOPOO official website (www.voopoo.com) to update the software to the latest version, the update requires the supplied specific Type-C cable to connect to the computer. The side of the Type-C cable marked "▲" must be facing right.

VooPoo Drag  E60 13.JPG

► Safety Protections:
    • Time Out Protection
    • Overheating protection
    • Output overcurrent protection
    • Overload protection
    • Low battery protection
    • Short circuit protection

VooPoo Drag  E60 14.JPG

► VooPoo Drag E60 Mod; bottom and top view:
    The support base of E60 compared to the small body of the Mod, has a large footprint on the ground. This ensures that you maintain a solid standing position. On the basis you can read; the wording "sample" which is characteristic of the specimens intended for reviewers, the disposal logo, the C E legal mark, and the manufacturer's Gene TT mark which identifies the type of Chipset.

VooPoo Drag  E60 15.jpg

* The E60's circular bay / pod has undergone a radical change. This consists of a rotating ring with 3 metal spurs, purposely created to fit into the toothed crown profile placed on the side / bottom surface of the new PnP Pod II. Basically, by rotating the cartridge you can adjust the flow of air that passes through two large opposing slots. This metal ring also acts as a classic magnetic base to keep the cartridge bound to the body of the mod. Under the swivel metal ring are the two gold-plated contacts and the Puff's automatic activation sensor. It is certainly worth applauding VooPoo both for the imagination and for the technical validity of this new air flow control system that results; pleasant to turn, precise to adjust and instills in the operator the feeling of a system designed in a solid and intelligent way.

VooPoo Drag  E60 16.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; PnP Pod II:
    The very light version II of the famous circular Pod by VooPoo most likely represents the beginning of a new era for VooPoo. This new vaporizer is compatible with Drag H80S Mod, but has no compatibility with any circular design tank previously produced by VooPoo. PnP Pod II features a mixed type of construction, made of ultra-strong plastic and PCTG. The Pod has an e-liquid capacity of up to 4.5ml. Its special feature of being an integral part of an innovative air regulation system does not deprive it of other important reinterpretations. The refill from above can easily be carried out without removing the cartridge from the Mod. The system uses a top cap with a quick 1/4 turn interlocking. To access the filling area, you need to squeeze the Drip_Tip between your fingers and turn counterclockwise. The two filling holes are small but elastic, they fit quite well with e-liquid dispensers with not too wide tips. The whole range of PnP coils can be used with PnP Pod II, including the new PnP Coils specially made by VooPoo for this new generation of all-in-one Drag.

VooPoo Drag  E60 17.jpg

► VooPoo Drag E60 Kit; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    I decided to use for these new PnP Coils one of my favorite "Crispy" flavors which is a delicate natural Strawberry flavor intertwined with a creamy Cereal and Cream flavor. The composition on 100ml is as follows; 10ml of concentrated aroma + 90ml of base 70/30 VG-PG with 1.5mg / ml boost.

• PnP TW20 Mesh-Coil 0.2Ω Range 40-55W:
    This Pnp Coil is present only in this kit and can be purchased separately for the H80S kit. In Smart mode it is recognized and activated by the 50W GeneTT Chip and with SMART mode activated it cannot exceed 60W. The advice for a longer duration in time is however to not exceed the maximum wattage reported on the coil which is 55W. At 50W of flavor, power and responsiveness there is plenty of it, it works great with the afc wide open and I also really liked it with afc open at 50% because the heat is not excessive and increases the hit considerably.

• PnP TW30 0.3Ω Mesh-Coil Range 28-36W:
    This very interesting Pnp-coils is the same that is present in the Drag E60 package and is the one that allows the greatest energy savings for a longer duration vape before recharging (E60) or replacing the cell (H80S). In Smart mode it is recognized and activated by the 35W GeneTT Chip and with SMART mode activated it cannot exceed 40W. The advice for a longer duration in time is however to not exceed the maximum wattage reported on the coil which is 36W. With AFC to 100% open, the production of steam is massive and the flavor dissipates a little. I find it particularly profitable as a flavor and Hit with the AFC to 50% open. I have not noticed any particular condensation problems, so as with all other PnPs, it is enough to dry from time to time, I dried after 3 days of use without there having been large accumulations of condensation.

VooPoo Drag  E60 18.JPG

The GeneTT Chipset always proves to be valid in managing the magnificent PnP Coils in the best possible way. The only caveat is that in case you decide to use the VooPoo PnP RBA base, you will need to make a resistance as close as possible to a predefined resistive value to get a reliable reading, because the resistance reading in this GeneTT is always rounded to default values (example 0.15, 0.6, 0.8). Furthermore, in the case of very high coil impedance, it must be considered that when the battery charge level is low, the circuit does not integrate the boost. During Vaping and when the battery reaches 40% of residual charge, the chipset will send you a notification asking if you want to switch to ECO mode, accepting the setting and clicking on "YES", GeneTT will calculate the right amount of energy to be sent to the coil for lower battery power consumption. In practice, however, I have not noticed improvements in energy saving. However, the Fire button in combination with GeneTT and with the various PnP Sub-ohm resistors offers an immediate response to every solicitation with a truly excellent performance and with any battery charge level. While if you want to use the Drag E60's automatic shooting in the best way, it is best to regulate the airflow by restricting it according to your lung capacity, the sensor in this way will be well solicited and will respond promptly. Charging the battery to 100% I was able to do 322 Puffs at a constant 35W which is still a good result. The large 2,550mAh internal battery recharges quickly in about 80/90 minutes using a 5V / 2A wall charger.

VooPoo Drag  E60 19.JPG

I immediately liked this new Drag All-In-One for its aesthetics, materials, finishes and handling. Furthermore, the new PnP Pod II is a truly innovative vaporizer. The Mod is undoubtedly beautiful and cute and the Chipset is optimized for the use of the new PnP coils and is compatible with the entire PnP coils platform. So if you like excellent PnP coils I can safely recommend the purchase of this fantastic Kit by VooPoo.
    If you want, I suggest you also read the review of the "sister" equipped with an external battery: Drag H80S

I would like to thank Nical and VooPoo for providing me with the kit. I hope this review was useful for anyone looking to purchase the Drag E60 Kit.

Thanks for reading.

VooPoo Drag  E60 20.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread