VooPoo Drag Firmware Update Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNameIsGuy

Apr 23, 2019
Hey guys,

After swapping batteries, my Drag recently started giving me a "time out" indication immediately after pressing the fire button. Various other forms have recommended that I try to push a firmware update, but I'm running into issues with that as well and could use some help. I downloaded the firmware program as well as the firmware itself from the website. The program recognizes that my Drag is connected and even provides the GENE CHIP ID, but I'm getting a "communication error" as soon as I try to push the firmware. I'm using the original cable, I've swapped ports and reinstalled the program multiple times. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I get the impression that the it mayyyyy be the firmware itself that's causing the issue. My drag came with v1.0.0.0 but the website only has V1.0.0.1. Does anyone know how I can get V1.0.0.0?

tyler82

Apr 10, 2020
Hi there
I was so happy to receive my Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum Kit today as i was waiting for it almost a month. After installing the tank and the batteries turning on the device and i was realizing the following issues:
1. The mod does not realize (does not ask coil new Yes/No) the coil properly.
2. The mod does not have function mode. It means if i press simultaneously up and down button it does not do anything.
3. The mod does not have FIT mode 1 2 3 only 1 and 2. FIT mode 3 is just missing...

I was trying to turn off and on my device, also removing and reinstall battery, trying with different coils. Also trying two different tanks but does not help at all.
For my last desperate i was downloading the Windows software and the firmware from the official voopoo website but does not work as the firmware has got .xwdf extension however the voopoo software only accept .swdf or .zwdf extension...

What is your suggestion guys?
I really do not want send it back to China as it takes ages to get refund or replacement (or maybe won't get anything). It looks like i was waisitng time and money for a faulty device??
Really no clue what to do...

tyler82

Apr 10, 2020
Hi there
I was so happy to receive my Voopoo Drag 2 Platinum Kit today as i was waiting for it almost a month. After installing the tank and the batteries turning on the device and i was realizing the following issues:
1. The mod does not realize (does not ask coil new Yes/No) the coil properly.
2. The mod does not have function mode. It means if i press simultaneously up and down button it does not do anything.
3. The mod does not have FIT mode 1 2 3 only 1 and 2. FIT mode 3 is just missing...

I was trying to turn off and on my device, also removing and reinstall battery, trying with different coils. Also trying two different tanks but does not help at all.
For my last desperate i was downloading the Windows software and the firmware from the official voopoo website but does not work as the firmware has got .xwdf extension however the voopoo software only accept .swdf or .zwdf extension...

What is your suggestion guys?
I really do not want send it back to China as it takes ages to get refund or replacement (or maybe won't get anything). It looks like i was waisitng time and money for a faulty device??
Really no clue what to do...

UPDATE
I just spoke with the customer support of VOOPOO said i have got the outdated manual. Basically i have got the DRAG2 manual but my Package Kit is DRAG2 Platinum with the MOD works on Refresh Edition firmware. Therefore no FIT mode 3. Only 1 and 2. But on the updated manual is still function menu which does not work for me. Also no coil Yes/No pop up message inserting the new coil. I am confused now.

Reactions: Indi

Indi

Dec 5, 2020
Тоже столк
UPDATE
I just spoke with the customer support of VOOPOO said i have got the outdated manual. Basically i have got the DRAG2 manual but my Package Kit is DRAG2 Platinum with the MOD works on Refresh Edition firmware. Therefore no FIT mode 3. Only 1 and 2. But on the updated manual is still function menu which does not work for me. Also no coil Yes/No pop up message inserting the new coil. I am confused now.

Also ran into a problem! 3 months have passed. I haven’t decided yet

tyler82

Apr 10, 2020
Тоже столк

Also ran into a problem! 3 months have passed. I haven’t decided yet

Actually i am using the Refresh edition and works well. The problem is just i did not order the Refresh Edition but the DRAG2 Platinum Edition. This is so simple. Basically they send me a Refresh Edition MOD in the Platinum package. But unfortunatelly VOOPOO customer support not even understand this. The live chat support was only parrot style reiterating "there is the menu"...
Thanks god it i have found an independent UK retailer and they were explaining to me that VOOPOO just do not update the instruction manual leaflet in the package...That is all. This was causing all my confuse. The solution to me would have so simple form VOOPOO part: just send me an updated manual via .PDF or just replace the product with the older firmware one. That is all. But they are so far from the solution...

Indi

Dec 5, 2020
they send me a Refresh Edition MOD in the Platinum package. But unfortunatelly VOOPOO customer support not even und
How to Downgrade Drag 2 PnP
[19-10-41] [ROM upgrade task] successfully
My version 1002
The point is that this version has been removed from the off site VooPoo
And version 1.0.0.0 remains
But I'm Trying to Roll Back and nothing works!
Help if you know how

tyler82

Apr 10, 2020
How to Downgrade Drag 2 PnP
[19-10-41] [ROM upgrade task] successfully
My version 1002
The point is that this version has been removed from the off site VooPoo
And version 1.0.0.0 remains
But I'm Trying to Roll Back and nothing works!
Help if you know how
The best you can do is just speak with the live chat support on the official voopoo site. Hong-Kong time around 8.00-16.00 they are available. They will send you firmware file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread