hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for deciding to join me today for another review. Today I’ll be doing my best to cover the new Voopoo Drag M100S kit that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide a fair and honest review. The M100S can use a 21700 battery or an 18650 battery with the included adapter. The Gene TT 2.0 chip used in it provides 5-100 watts of power with a maximum output voltage of 8.5V. This one has the dynamic switch like the Drag 4 has where you can choose from a few different operations for it to perform. Included with the mod is the Uforce-L top airflow and leak-proof tank that I have covered before in one or two other reviews so I many not go into great depth on the tank. The coils included are the same Dual in one PNP coils that I tested before with this same tank. I personally have found myself running 21700 mods exclusively besides a couple 18650 boro mods so I was really excited to see this new 21700 mod from Voopoo. Also, while we are being constantly bombarded with one pod device after the next it’s rather refreshing to not only receive a mod but also a tank included with it for review. Thank you Voopoo.

MsOrwHL.jpg

sOSmUqH.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Drag M100S Device
    1* UFORCE-L Tank (5.5ml)
    1* PnP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
    1* PnP-TW20 0.2ohm Coil
    1* Spare Bubble Glass (5.5ml)
    1* Silicon Rubber Pack
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* 18650 Adapter

dc8Xrm3.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 150.5*36*30mm (Standard/US), 145.5*36*30mm (TPD)

Power Range: 5-100W adjustable

Capacity: 5.5ml (Standard/US), 2ml (TPD)

Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm

Output Voltage: Max 8.5V

Battery: Single 18650/21700 battery (not included)

Material: Wood Series: Curved Zinc Alloy + Dark wood/Padauk, Matte Series: Curved Zinc Alloy + AG Matte Finish

Standard Coil: PnP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil/PnP-TW20 0.2ohm Coil

Compatible Coils: All PnP Coils

Package Size: 122*130.5*52mm (1pc)

Color: Black & Darkwood, Antique Brass & Padauk, Silver & Black, Red & Black, Cyan & Blue, Peal White

go76KnH.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 100W max power output

2. With leak-proof top airflow UFORCE-L Tank

3. PnP dual in one tech

4. User-friendly dynamic switch

5. Single 18650/21700 battery (not included)

6. GENE. TT 2.0 chip

7. Soft as touching the flowing water

8. Compatible with PnP coils

XPt4T9m.jpg

4o2vwW8.jpg

gl2Gu9C.jpg

MMA61uh.jpg

QhcHCW0.jpg

7AHsUII.jpg

RESmvWk.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Drag M100S is quite a bit different from what I normally see. The outer cardboard cover has a perforated tear strip on it that has to be removed first before the contents of the package can be accessed. Once the outer shell is removed then the M100s can be seen through a semitransparent plastic cover over the device and tank. On that cover are the Voopoo and Drag M100S names as well as a statement saying that 21700 and 18650 batteries are compatible. Also high quality wood is used in the construction of the mod. I received that Antique Brass and Padauk version for my review. It is truly a stunning mod visually and the pictures don’t really do it justice. I just wish that the U-force tank could have been done in the same antique brass.

The back side of the box has the usual list of contents, authenticity code, company information and in my case there is a sticker marking it as a review sample. At first glance the mod, tank and spare bubble glass can be seen when the box is opened. On the left side is a rectangular box containing the PNP TW coils, o ring pack, and USB-C charging cable. The user manual is found underneath. These are the same coils that I have reviewed previously with the U-force tank which is not new with this kit. I believe I have seen the same tank in two other reviews.

1684160879843.png

1684160978612.png

1684161059862.png

1684161117192.png

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see Voopoo use real wood on a couple of the versions of the M100S. On one side of the mod the Drag M100S name is etched as well as the Gene TT name on the metal portion indicating that the Gene TT 2.0 chipset is used inside. The opposite side has the Voopoo name etched on the metal portion. The back has no branding but there is a strip of the antique brass separating the two wood sections located on each side. The M100S does not show any fingerprints and has a really nice hand feel to it. I am told that it goes through 9 different processes to ensure softness.

1684161185631.png

The 510 connection plate contains the plated and spring loaded center pin on the 510 connection. On the perimeter of the plate are the words DRAG and Spark Your Life. I’m not sure how the 510 connection plate is secured since there aren’t any visible screw heads. I would assume that it has some sort of locking nut or something underneath holding it in place. I didn’t want to take it apart to find out.

1684161229559.png

The battery for the M100S is loaded from the bottom and uses a spring loaded hinged door. The words Designed by Voopoo are etched on the bottom. To open the door you simply slide the center semi-circle and the door springs open. When it is first received the 18650 battery adapter is stored inside the battery compartment. The contact on the underneath side is marked with a – symbol to indicate battery polarity.

1684161297934.png

1684161340991.png

The front of the mod is where you find the large display followed by the + and – buttons and on the bottom is the Dynamic Switch which you can choose from a few different functions for it to perform. The M100S is similar to the Drag 4 but the multi-function switch is on the top instead of the bottom on the Drag 4. On the bottom is the USB-C fast charging port. These options are located in the menu. The display shows the following information.

• Set wattage
    • Mode of operation
    • Battery level indicator with percentage( a little small for my tastes)
    • Output voltage while firing
    • Coil resistance
    • Length of time of current puff
    • Puff counter
    The button operations including menu options are as follows.

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
    • Press the + and – buttons to enter the menu
    • Once in the menu you can choose from the available modes( Smart, RBA, ECO, TC)
    • Also inside the menu you can choose what the multi-function switch does when activated( Turn the device on/off, Lock the device, Lock the adjustment buttons)
    • You can also reset the puff counter or change the display color in this menu system
    • There is also a brightness adjustment, adjust display time, or you can view Gene chip information.
    1684161406053.png

The tank that is included in the kit is the UForce-L tank that we have seen before and you might already be familiar with. The tank has not changed. As I always say, disassemble the tank and clean it before using. I used my old UForce tank for some of the pictures.

1684161505882.png

The UForce tank has three airflow control openings. The airflow control ring has two dividing lines to separate the airflow inlet into three lines. The control ring does not have a positive stop so can turn 360 degrees unimpeded. The top cap for the tank is a bit recessed but is knurled at the top to help get a good grip on it. It screws/unscrews easily so being recessed did not cause any trouble with getting the top off for refilling. There are rubber gaskets over the fill port and exhaust port. It doesn’t matter which you fill from. Whichever you fill from then the other allows air to escape.

If you look at the bottom of the base of the tank you will see that there are grooves cut into it that give it the appearance of being a heat sink. Well, that is exactly what it is. A rather ingenious design in my opinion.

I usually don’t copy promotional information but really liked the description I was given on the tank so will put it in quotes so you know I am not claiming to be the author.

“The UFORCE-L Tank’s top air inlets ensure that the pressure inside and outside the tank are balanced. So the e-liquid and condensate can be stored, providing a pleasing experience. The 3 top air inlets balance the airflow directions, increase airflow and improve airflow smoothness. In addition, the Dual in One PnP coil has an improvement in atomization efficiency, fully atomizing ever e-liquid and delivering a rich flavor and delicate taste. The triangular structure enhances the concentration of airflow, bringing a more explosive and cloudy vaping experience.”

Sounds great right? I thought so. Bottom line is that this tank provides really good flavor and large amounts of vapor at higher wattages. At least higher than what I’m normally using. However, these coils can be run under the recommended wattage.

2mSVa0Q.jpg

ZGKlWmZ.jpg

gxyqKxY.jpg

0oUOdMQ.jpg

Aod5TOM.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I can always count on Voopoo to come out with a really nice mod and tank kit. They have done it again. Yes, they release a lot of pods also but when they do a mod kit, they do it right. From the presentation of the box to the beautiful antique brass and real wood look it’s a real winner in my book. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve been using mostly 21700 mods lately and the Drag M100S is a welcome edition. It is very smooth and comfortable to hold and has a lot of features to please most users. I’m not really a TC user and have not tested the TC mode on this one. It is nice that they have added the TC option for those that do use it. The Drag 4 also offers TC for those that prefer a dual 18650 battery configuration instead of the single 21700. However, there is an included 18650 battery adapter for added versatility for those that don’t have 21700 batteries.

The UForce-L tank and the TW coils are as good as I remember from when I reviewed the Drag 4 kit. I used the lemon pound cake recipe that I use a lot for reviews with the .2 ohm coil. I remembered from my previous reviews how well the TW coils brought out the flavors in this recipe and wanted to experience that again. I was not disappointed. I ran the .2 ohm coil mostly at 45 watts with the airflow about ¼ open. Even at this setting the flavor was very good and got large amounts of vapor.

With the .15 ohm coil I decided to try a tropical yogurt recipe that I’ve used before and was shared with me by SMT. Thanks for the recipe SMT! I was a little hesitant because I knew I was going to have to run this one pretty high and the mix I had was 6mg instead of the usual 3mg I would normally run with a higher wattage coil like this. I tried running it up to about 60 watts but it was too strong for me. I like this tank with the airflow ¼-1/3 open so dialed the wattage back to just under 50 watts and liked the flavor and vapor production without it choking me like it did at 60 watts. I probably should have just done a new mix at 3mg but have been known to be a little hard headed sometimes.

The Drag M100S is a single battery version of the Drag 4 mod. Overall the Voopoo Drag M100S Kit has been a real pleasure. I really don’t have any complaints except that I wish blue would have been one of the display color options. I settled for purple instead. I would like to thank Voopoo and Nical for sending the Drag M100S for this review. A big thanks goes out to the readers as well. Below is a link to the website where you can see all the fantastic products Voopoo has to offer.

DRAG M100S-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

e6XwXqh.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @hittman I'm wondering how well the PnP RBA works with the U force L tank, as it's supposedly compatible but there's not really any information around on it.
    I have no idea. I might have an rba somewhere but never thought about trying it in this tank. This tank has big airflow so I'm not sure if it would work well or not. It comes with a .6 ohm coil in the rba kit.

Reactions: Mordacai

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review hitt. This is probably my favorite kit VooPoo's ever released. They did a great job with the top airflow in the Uforce-L, and the mod performs very similarly to a GeekVape chip.

Did you get a total puff count from either of the coils? IIRC, they were lasting around 1000 puffs.
    Thanks. I know one was over 400 when I switched it out.

Users who are viewing this thread