Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of the latest offerings from VooPoo on the subject of Box mod, it is Drag Q Kit.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish the Kit. I hope that at the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

voopoo drag Q; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Synchronous regulation of air flow and power
    • Hidden moon-shaped air intake
    • ITO atomization technique
    • Long life of the Coils
    • Various MTL vaping experiences

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-2.gif

► VooPoo Drag Q; Packaging:
    The classic package is black background and shows on the front; the brand (VooPoo), the name of the device (Drag Q) and the image of the kit inside a "Q" with embossed filaments. On the back are present; The contents, warnings, scratch & check, and various contact information for Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd. On the remaining sides of the box are; the main features, barcodes, color of this sample (Chestnut) various Q-R Codes.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-3.jpg

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-4.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Packing List:
    1 * Drag Q Device (1,200mAh).
    1 * VooPoo Ito-X Pod (3.5ml).
    1 * VooPoo Ito-M0 0.5Ω Coil (18-25W).
    1 * VooPoo Ito-M3 1.2Ω Coil (08-12W).
    1 * Type-C charging cable
    1 * User Manual

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-5.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Technical data:
    • Size: 23 * 32 * 77.3mm (without atomizer).
    • Battery: 1250mAh (integrated).
    • Maximum power: 25W
    • Output voltage: 3.2- 4.2V
    • Charging voltage: 5V / 2A.
    • Resistance value range: 0.4-3.0Ω
    • Capacity: 3.5ml (standard edition) 2ml (TPD edition).
    • Compatible with all ITO Coils

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-6.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Available colours:
    • Vitality Orange
    • Chestnut
    • Classic Red
    • Marsala
    • Carbon Fiber

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-7.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; First Impressions:
    VooPoo is one of the few Chinese companies that seems to take the MTL type vape into high consideration and does so with sometimes surprising innovations, in its most performing devices (like this one) it uses the technology of ITO replaceable coils. Today we will talk about a new MTL Kit that really impressed me, it's Drag Q! You can easily understand from the name which product line it belongs to; Fine decorations, selected materials, miniaturized form factor and great handling are the first positive features that can be immediately observed in this captivating and light All-In-One.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-8.jpg

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-9.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Usb Type-C:
    On the bottom of Drag-Q there is a soft gray rubberized coating, I like this type of finish as it makes the mod silent when you place it on the table, it also offers a good grip in contact with the support surface. The integrated 1,200mAh battery is recharged via a Type-C socket, the Drag Q charging time of only 40 minutes further enhances this item by reducing waiting times.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-10.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Design:
    In the side view of Drag Q you can see how the oval form factor tapers towards the front and the design is focused on the search for maximum comfort. The classic brown leather decoration of this sample, the black color of the tank and the frame of the mod, give this object a pleasant "vintage" effect.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-11.jpg

In the back (handle) you can see the distinctive element in common with the Drags line, it is the usual and captivating hot branding with the name (Drag Q), above it there is a large toothed crown entirely made of sturdy metal. This ring gear is the AFC rotating system with its references and notches for adjustment.

On the front there is the Fire button. The Mod is turned on / off by pressing the key 5 times, while to avoid accidentally pressing the key, the function is blocked after 5 minutes of inactivity. However, the automatic inhalation function always remains active. So to resume the vape you need to suck or press the button 3 times to reactivate it.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-12.jpg

► The led bar on Drag-Q indicates the battery charge status as follows:
    • The light bar is red: 0-30%
    • The light bar is blue: 30-60%
    • The light bar is green: 60-100%

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-13.gif

► VooPoo Drag Q; Sinchro AFC / Led:
    The synchronous adjustment of the AFC system is something never seen before! It is a truly innovative system as well as functional, in fact the rotation of the toothed crown immediately appears "premium", like adjusting a refined wristwatch, hence the name (Ticking Of Intelligence). The AFC adjustment allows the chip to intelligently calculate the most suitable power to be applied instantly to the coil and according to different parameters; opening degree of the AFC, type of coil used, force applied to vape. The adjustment operations, are accompanied by more or less accentuated luminous signals of the LED, depending on the degree of opening of the AFC. Science fiction! Furthermore, all this is able to effectively prevent steam overheating and dry running of the coil, extending its duration. The power supply of the AFC system is hidden from view, the passage of air towards the coil occurs in the space between the tank and the upper part of the Mod through a slot with a half-moon shape. This AFC adjustment was designed by VooPoo to make performance more stable and to prevent e-liquid leaks. Drag-Q to the test of facts offers a very wide range of control, ranging from a very narrow MTL vape to a pleasant airy RDL vape. Both manual / automatic activations are instantaneous, the automatic one is perfect, and with any degree of AFC opening.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-14.jpg

The pod compartment is obtained directly inside the AFC adjustment crown. On the bottom of the compartment there are the two gold-plated contact pins and the automatic puff activation sensor. The first thing you notice inside the pod compartment is the absence of the classic magnets, but we will see later what VooPoo invented to superbly combine the cartridge with the Mod.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-15.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Innovative Pod-Tank:
    VooPoo has always been one of the companies that first bring innovation, it was the first to do it with the circular Pctg magnetic tanks that have been copied by everyone, and now it does it again for the first time with a new tank coupling system. in the pod which is devoid of magnets, but is equipped with a new and very valuable mechanical type attachment (Pinball Buckle Design) which consists of 3 small spring-loaded steel balls, the system represents a real innovation for the connection between the device and the cartridge. Pinball Buckle Design System seems to be made in a robust and long-lived, flawless, precise and perfectly functional way. I believe this new type of cartridge coupling will soon be copied by all of VooPoo's competitors.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-16.jpg

For the rest, the tank has a classic conformation. The top cap can be removed by means of a 1/4 turn rotation, so you quickly access the two filling holes that allow you to insert up to 3.5ml of e-liquid. A detail of the filling holes is their elasticity, since the holes are inserted in a silicone rubber cap, they expand when the tip of the bottle is inserted, facilitating the filling operation even with rather wide tips. The Drip-Tip is proprietary and non-replaceable, however I like it for how it is shaped, I think it is perfect for MTL / RDL and I don't think I will regret the fact that it cannot be replaced.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-17.jpg

The ITO coils are inserted from below by pressure, and the two flat sides of the coil must be correctly positioned before pressing the coil inside the tank.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-18.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; ITO Coils and Vaping test:
    In the Drag Q Kit there are two replaceable Coils; a 0.5Ω Ito-M0 (18-25W) and a 1.2Ω (08-12W) Ito-M3 which should guarantee MTL / RDL performance (the first) and purely MTL performance (the second). The ITO Replaceable Coil Platform provides two other Drag Q compatible options and they are; a 0.7Ω M1 coil with a 14-18W range and a 1.0Ω M2 coil with a 10-14W range.

Of course I tested the two coils supplied in the Kit, and to do this I used an e-liquid consisting of 50-50 VG-PG, 4mg / ml of boost and Crispy aroma. This is my impressions:

• ITO Mesh Coil M3 1.2Ω (08-12W):
    A coil that is undoubtedly suitable for those who want a low-powered restricted Puff to taste creamy e-liquids or tobaccos that are not too aggressive towards the coil. In fact, the coil performed well with my Crispy 50/50 e-liquid with 4mg / ml boost, providing a well-balanced flavor with decent vapor production and a quite pungent "Hit" type.

• 0.7Ω ITO Mesh Coil M1 (14-18W):
    My favorite coil, perfectly suited to my needs of hot and full-bodied vapor, gives my "Crispy" all the aromatic notes I want, and also amplifies the boost present in the e-liquid to the maximum. Both resistances pass the test with flying colors and reach a very high level of general performance, but above all the coils have never shown worrying condensation formations.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-19.jpg

► VooPoo Drag Q; Final conclusions:
    Finally a smart MTL device that works really well! Innovative in several aspects, I like, in the first place I put the circuit that has several automatic functions that make life easier for the user. The suction automatism works wonderfully well, the chipset automatically adjusts different parameters according to the type of coil used, such as; AFC opening degree, suction pressure and more, the puff is always well calibrated and without spitting or failed activations. I also consider the automatic key deactivation function a smart choice by VooPoo, because it avoids unwanted activations. I had never seen the interlocking solution of the tank with spring loaded spheres before, I was surprised because this application is more stable and precise than any other Pod system with magnets! The AFC control is also a masterpiece of precision and with a particularly extended range of use, ranging from super closed MTL to rather airy RDL. I believe that Drag-Q can satisfy you all with its AFC adjustment assisted by a sort of smart-potentiometer that calculates different parameters to give the user the perfect vape! Depending on the intensity of the light, the brightness of the LED indicates the degree of AFC aperture / power we are using, indicates the battery charge level and contemplates the protection notifications. The battery seems to guarantee a very good vaping autonomy and only takes 40 minutes to fully recharge. Along with all these positive technical aspects, a high degree of finish could not be missing, which has always been a valuable feature of VooPoo's Drag devices. The compact size and the absence of defects make VooPoo Drag Q a very interesting and definitely winning MTL / RDL device!

Thanks to VooPoo for sending me this sample for review.
    VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

Thanks for reading.

Voo-Poo-Drag-Q-Mtl-Kit-20.jpg

Reactions: gloopdegurp
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread