Voopoo RTA Pod Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
Is there a trick to getting it to wick correctly and not give you dry hits, I'm using 3mm Xfiber Cotton shoe laces, and it slides back and forth easy with little resistance inside the coil, I'm thinking its the length of the cotton tails that you tuck into the deck and under, so the chamber threads into the deck, I'm going to take it apart and clean it and try to get it too wick, cause if you trim it too short it then floods and spits right ?? so there is just the right length for the tails, for it too wick and not give dry hits

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Is there a trick to getting it to wick correctly and not give you dry hits, I'm using 3mm Xfiber Cotton shoe laces, and it slides back and forth easy with little resistance inside the coil, I'm thinking its the length of the cotton tails that you tuck into the deck and under, so the chamber threads into the deck, I'm going to take it apart and clean it and try to get it too wick, cause if you trim it too short it then floods and spits right ?? so there is just the right length for the tails, for it too wick and not give dry hits
I haven't used mine in a little while But if I remember correctly I was using 80 VG20 PG juice and I would thread the cotton through the coil and then comb it out a little bit on each side leave it a little bit fluffy put it through the channel loosely make sure that it's filling the channel But loosely like fluffy and then trim the wick underneath the entrance of the channel so that it's not touching the bottom of the atomizer.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I don't get it, I tried it with the wick not touching the deck and not trimmed to much, and used a thinner juice, and it was wet from wicking and assembling, and when vaping on it, the coil dry's out and does not wick between vapes and the coil never looks wet, if you drip on it, it looks wet, until it dry's out from vaping on it, I have 2 24MM Gear RTA's and the wick is always wet and wicks in between vapes, I don't get the VooPoo RTA Pod Tank, it won't wick for me and using the same coils and cotton in the Gear RTA's, and vaping it at 40W to 45W on a 80W Single 18650 regulated mod and looks like I get decent battery life cause I use it, while driving and it fits in my hand better than my other mods, but its ok cause I bought a Wotofo SMRT PNP RBA and it uses mesh screen coils and it fits the VooPoo PNP Pod Tanks, and I already own one and its 4.5ML instead of 2ML for RTA POD Tank, So maybe I will try it again in awhile cause, I waste juice every time I do, and don't need it for now

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I don't get it, I tried it with the wick not touching the deck and not trimmed to much, and used a thinner juice, and it was wet from wicking and assembling, and when vaping on it, the coil dry's out and does not wick between vapes and the coil never looks wet, if you drip on it, it looks wet, until it dry's out from vaping on it, I have 2 24MM Gear RTA's and the wick is always wet and wicks in between vapes, I don't get the VooPoo RTA Pod Tank, it won't wick for me and using the same coils and cotton in the Gear RTA's, and vaping it at 40W to 45W on a 80W Single 18650 regulated mod and looks like I get decent battery life cause I use it, while driving and it fits in my hand better than my other mods, but its ok cause I bought a Wotofo SMRT PNP RBA and it uses mesh screen coils and it fits the VooPoo PNP Pod Tanks, and I already own one and its 4.5ML instead of 2ML for RTA POD Tank, So maybe I will try it again in awhile cause, I waste juice every time I do, and don't need it for now
Usually in these situations it's almost always user error. But those tanks were manufactured so poorly and they were designed pretty poorly as well. So there is a chance that there's legitimately something wrong with the product. There wasn't a lot of QC it's almost like they made it to be disposable when a disposable RTA is the silliest thing I've ever heard of. They didn't attach the post correctly it sometimes just pops out on people the fill method you have to be so slow that it's agonizing and it's only 2 ml so you're refilling every other hit. It's one of the situations where I would honestly say those wotofo SMRT coils are just a better investment. I use those too I love them I use them different than the instructions because I'm cheap and I want to make my supplies last as long as possible. As a little hint the old school coil master kits that help you to take apart a PNP coil and re-wick it and re-coil it are a pain in the .... but the mesh and the cotton from the kit which usually costs $5 works in the SMRT coil shell so you can use either the dedicated SMRT cotton and mesh or you can use the coil master one which comes with 35 cottons and 10 mesh just like the other ones but still it's nice to have that extra cotton especially since you can reuse that mesh as long as you're careful. The PNP RTA could have been great but it suffers from a lot of design flaws to the point where it's bigger pain in the .... than it is worth the effort especially if you have a gear the gear blows it out of the water anyway simply due to ease of use and being less fiddly.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I looked there are several different PNP RBA's, and most of them you can only get a 5 wrap 2.5mm coil in them and they were on very Shady looking websites that ship from China, the VooPoo PNP RBA looks like it uses a lot cotton that could block airflow and looked hard to wick just right in the review video's cause they were struggling with it and they review and build addie's all day, I will be 52 and the small .... is getting harder to build some times

Last edited:

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I think I got it, I tried it one time and I trimmed the cotton wick way shorter, so now I can vape it and it wicks in between vapes and coil now looks always wet, I'm liking it now I still have 2 Wotofo SMRT RBA's and 2 packs of the Extreme coils and cotton wicks, coming cause I just ordered them Monday or Tuesday and will see which tank I like better on the VooPoo Mojo R, I ordered to use when cruising around

Reactions: hittman

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
That's the thing, I do not want too buy premade coils for my Uforce Tank or my MAAT Tanks, it way cheaper to build your own, I looked online and they show a dual coil RBA for the Uforce Tank in the same section with all the other premade coils, but its only a picture, they never released it or any information about it, I do not think they will release it, cause they make too much money selling 3 packs or 5 packs of coils that they know are crap, so you keep buying them

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I own 2 24mm Gear RTA tanks and 1 VooPoo RTA Pod tank and 2 Wotofo Recurve RDA's on mechanical 100W Squonk Mods and 1 VooPoo PNP Pod tank with the Wotofo SMRT PNP RBA which is mesh, the rest are all single .2 ohm 3mm Clapton Coils and Xfiber Cotton, and depending on the the juice, I normal rinse off the coils and if there bad I replace them and re-wick way less often then when I was using the Uforce coils and MAAT coils, and I bought the coils and cotton in bulk and use 100ml or 120ml bottles of juice and use one bottle per tank, that also helps instead of switching juice and coils, I just rotate between the tanks on my 6 mods, works for me

Last edited:
Reactions: MLEJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread