hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back yet once again for yet another review. This time I’ll be taking a look at the voopoo seal pod kit. The SEAL is a 5-40 watt device with a liquid silicon exterior that has IP66 level protection. It’s a very small device that could easily be pocket carried. The Seal boasts both auto and button firing but we’ll see how that goes later in the review. For now let’s see what’s included in the kit and see some of the features.

upload_2021-7-28_12-10-12.png

upload_2021-7-28_12-10-33.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Seal Device
    1* PnP MTL Pod (2ml)
    1* PnP MTL Pod Silicone Cover (2ml)
    1* PnP Pod Silicone Cover (4.5ml)
    1* 1.2ohm PnP-TR1 Coil
    1* 0.8ohm PnP-TM2 Coil
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

upload_2021-7-28_12-11-21.png

upload_2021-7-28_12-11-54.png

SPECIFICATIONS:
    upload_2021-7-28_12-13-30.png

FEATURES:

· 1. Zinc-Alloy Chassis construction, skin-friendly liquid silicone

· 2. Integrated 1200mAh rechargeable battery

· 3. 5-40W adjustable power

· 4. 2ml PnP MTL Pod, magnet pod installation

· 5. Intuitive firing button, two adjustment buttons

· 6. 0.54" OLED Screen, Auto/Manual mode

· 7. Bottom fill system, press fit coil installation

· 8. Compatible with all VOOPOO PnP Coil Series

· 9. IP66 Protection: Water/Dust/Shock proof

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard07.jpg

Clipboard08.jpg

Clipboard13.jpg

gif.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging on the SEAL is a little different from what I’m used to seeing on review samples. It’s a very small box that opens from one end and a plastic tray holding the unit and its contents slides out. I received the ash grey unit which is a fairly light grey color. Included in the kit was the mod, MTL PNP pod tank with silicon cover, spare silicon cover for the 4.5ml PNP pod tank, user manual, USB-C charging cable, and 1.2 ohm and .8 ohm PNP coils.

The SEAL battery is covered in a silicon coating with a zinc alloy body underneath. It is rated IP66 and is water/dust/shock proof. The internal battery is rated at 1200mah and will adjust from 5-40 watts. On the bottom of the battery is a round silicon seal that once pulled up exposes the USB-C charging port. There is an indent in the cover that makes it easy to get a fingernail in to pull the cover up.

At the top is the receptacle for the pod which has metal ring above two spring loaded gold plated contacts. On the front starting at the top is the fire button followed by the .54” OLED screen and the + and – buttons below the screen. The buttons are made of plastic but are a perfect color match with the silicon on the body of the mod.

upload_2021-7-28_12-28-8.png

upload_2021-7-28_12-28-35.png

There are five airflow holes on each side of the mod. The airflow is adjusted by the all too familiar slider type with a small knob protruding on the back of the unit that we have seen on other VOOPOO mods. Also on the back is the word VOOPOO stamped into the silicon covering of the mod.

upload_2021-7-28_12-29-11.png

upload_2021-7-28_12-29-52.png

The display of the SEAL is a decent size for such a small pod mod. Going from top to bottom, the display shows the following information.

- Battery indicator

- Set wattage

- P or A depending on which mode you are in with W beside that I’m assuming for watts

- Coil resistance

- Puff counter

The menu operation of the SEAL is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the SEAL on or off

- Press the fire button three times to switch between Manual and Dual ignition modes

- Press the fire button and the – button to clear the puff counter

- Press the fire button and the + button to lock the entire device

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard09.jpg

Clipboard10.jpg

Clipboard12.jpg

The pod tank that comes with the SEAL is the 2ml MTL PNP pod tank that I’ve seen before. It comes with a silicon cover that slides over the pod to match the rest of the body of the unit. There is a hole in either side of the cover that is supposed to let the user see the liquid level but I can’t really see the liquid level through it.

The MTL pod has a stationary drip tip that cannot be changed. On the bottom of the pod there are four magnets that provide a secure connection with metal plate in the top of the mod. The pod is somewhat tinted but the liquid level is visible once the silicon cover is removed.

Included in the kit is a 1.2 ohm PNP coil rated at 10-15 watts and a .8 ohm coil rated at 12-18 watts. I thought both coils produced decent flavor. I liked the 1.2 coil at 13 watts and have been running the .8 coil at 14 watts. I found that the auto draw feature only worked well on the 1.2 coil with the airflow slider completely closed and worked well with the .8 coil with the slider at about 90% or more closed. Once the airflow is opened more I could not get the unit to work in auto draw and had to button fire. That being said, I felt like both coils gave good flavor and a tight MTL draw with the airflow closed and operating in auto draw. I honestly preferred the auto draw on this one. To me the SEAL is so small that I found it a little awkward to button fire. The MTL pod is a bottom fill pod and has a rubber plug on it like many others I’ve seen. The fill port is big enough that I could easily fill it without making a mess. Also included in the kit is a silicon cover for the 4.5ml standard PNP pod but the pod is not included.

upload_2021-7-28_12-33-24.png

IMG-5800.jpg

IMG-5811.jpg

IMG-5817.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I am familiar with Voopoo devices and still am not used to having to push the fire button once to wake the unit up before it will fire with a second push. I really wish they had not used this feature on the SEAL. To me it was a little aggravating to have to push the button once before being able to use it in auto draw. I just wanted to pick it up and take a puff.

The SEAL is a for lack of a better word, cute. It’s comfortable to hold with the silicon covering and is small enough that it could be easily stuck in a pocket to carry. Just remember to press the fire button and + button to lock the device before putting it in a pocket.

I could take or leave the silicon cover for the pod since I really couldn’t see the liquid level through the viewing windows cut in it. The airflow slider control works well and is stiff enough to move that I haven’t had a problem with it getting moved accidentally.

Overall, the SEAL is a decent small pod mod that uses the same MTL PNP pod tank that VOOPOO has used with other devices. The flavor is good and I’ve had no issues with liquid seeping with either of the coils that were included in the kit.

So, would I recommend the VOOPOO SEAL kit for you? If you’d like a really small pod kit for out and about that’s IP66 rated that you won’t have to worry about damaging if you drop it then this might be a good fit for you.

I’d like to thank VOOPOO and Aimer for sending the VOOPOO SEAL pod mod kit for this review. A great big thanks to you the readers! Below is a link to the VOOPOO website if you’d like to see more.

VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread