Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome to today's review of the Seal Pod mod from Voopoo that has a couple of nice features especially if your a regular user of Voopoo's PNP Pod and coils. Here's a brief description of the Seal and it's features prior to the review. As most Pod Mods in this size class the Seal utilizes a 1200 mAh built in battery and is a wattage only device with a range of 5-40 watts with the Voopoo smart feature that protects the coil stopping wattage adjustment at the maximum wattage of the coil you select. I'll cover more about the Seal shortly but first lets get to know the Seal.

COLOR CHOICES

VoopooSealPodKit_6.jpg

IN THE BOX

seal-kit-contents.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

voopoo-seal-pod-kit.jpg

IP66 RATED

voopoo-seal-pod-kit.jpg

FEATHERWEIGHT

voopoo-seal-pod-kit.jpg

AUTO - DRAW OR BUTTON PRESS

VOOPOO_SEAL_Pod_Kit_1200mAh_40W_details_4.JPG

GENE CHIP

VOOPOO_SEAL_Pod_Kit_1200mAh_40W_details_5.JPG

MTL POD

VOOPOO_SEAL_Pod_Kit_1200mAh_40W_details_3.JPG

TYPE-C

VOOPOO_SEAL_Pod_Kit_1200mAh_40W_details_6.JPG

DEVICE FEATURES

voopoo-seal-pod-kit.jpg

MTL PNP POD AND FULL SIZE PNP POD CAN BE USED

seal-kit-pod-options.jpg

seal-kit-filling.jpg

INCLUDED COILS

voopoo-seal-vape-kit-coil.jpg

CAN USE MOST PNP COILS - ( 40W MAX )

PnP-12-coils-range.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Mt first look at the device was a bit of a shock because after sliding the tray that the Seal rest in out of the box I saw only the device with the pod attached but no coils or charge cord or protective color matching full sized bonnet as the 2ml has. But they were there tucked in underneath the plastic tray the Seal rest in. The Seal has a IP66 rating and is encased in silicone rubber, even the pod has a color matching protective bonnet that makes the device look like a one piece unit. This is a real featherweight weighing only 72 grams. The Seal has fully adjustable airflow that has 5 airflow holes and is adjusted using a lever shown in the picture below.

20210728_125320.jpg

Voopoo supplies 2 coils in the kit and both are for MTL especially since that's the type of drip tip that comes on the PNP MTL Pod, the drip tip is a proprietary one so no changing it out for one of your own but I found it to be comfortable to use. The 2 coils provided are a 1.2Ω vertical wire build rated for 10-15w and the other is a mesh 0.8Ω coil rated at 12-18w.

20210728_144912.jpg

The coils are PNP push and pull with no flat spots to line up which makes it very easy to install. The 2ml PNP pod attaches to the device using 4 very strong magnets that connect to the recessed metal ring of the device. The 2 ml pod uses the same bottom fill method as the full size by pulling out the attached rubber plug. I've been using PNP pods for a very long time and they still work as well as when new so longevity is no issue. In the picture below I pulled off the MTL bonnet and rested the device on it, the pod on the left rest upon the full sized pod bonnet that is included in the kit. I would advise you to lift the bonnet up to view juice levels because with the bonnet on it cast to much of a shadow to clearly see the juice.

20210728_125721.jpg

As you can see with the bonnet on even the full sized PNP pod makes the device and pod look like a 1 piece unit, Both the MTL and full size PNP pods are very tough and durable and will be even stronger wearing protective bonnets. The full size pod fits like a glove while not looking out of place because of it's size difference to the MTL pod. The 5 airflow holes are adjusted by either opening or closing 1 hole at a time, having all 5 holes open gives a loose MTL draw and by reducing the amount of holes open restricts it. Completely closed showing no open holes you get a cigarette like draw, my preference is 1 hole open.

20210728_134502.jpg

The seal is a very small device and because of it's size the bottom of the device was probably the only spot on the device that Voopoo was able to place the type-c charge port, the cover is easily opened because of the small indent on the side.

20210728_130624.jpg

20210728_130315.jpg

The Seal's functioning buttons are pretty straight forward with the fire/power button at the top with a line drawn through it, below it is the display screen followed by the up/down buttons at the bottom. Even though the display screen window is very small I can stick read everything on the screen easily and that was a surprise because my eyesight isn't the best.

At the top of the screen is your battery bar, below it is the wattage selected and below that are your draw or inhale selection. If you choose the letter A your inhale selection will be auto draw, if you choose the letter P you will be using the fire/power button to fire the coil. Below your selection of firing the coil is the coils ohm reading followed by the puff counter.

20210728_155341.jpg

With the Seal having no menu and just a couple of button combinations it's really simple and easy to operate and in my opinion a nice starter kit for anyone that has quit smoking.

* On/off - 5 presses of the fire/power button

* Locking the entire device is done by hold the fire/power button and up button down simultaneously

* Changing draw modes is done with 3 presses of the fire/power button

* Clearing the puff counter is done by holding the fire/power button and down button simultaneously

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Coils provided work very nicely for MTL with the 0.8Ω mesh giving a very saturated flavorful vape, you won't be clouding up a room but it's not intended to do so. The vape at 16 watts is a semi warm one and because the flavor at that wattage hit my sweet spot I saw no need to run the Seal any higher which also saves battery life. I am able to make it through almost a full work day on one charge.

The 1.2Ω coils doesn't have as much flavor as the 0.8 mainly because it's a straight wire vertical coil and not mesh but it's still a satisfying vape with the ability to make it through a full work day and then some on 1 charge.

The silicone rubber covering the device really gives it a protective bumper and having a color matching pod bonnet of the same material makes the device appear as a single unit. I thought I would have a problem with it sticking to my pocket but it does not, slipping it in and out of a pocket is no problem.

The fully adjustable airflow works very well for a MTL application giving a loose MTL vape with all 5 airflow holes open and a very cigarette type of inhale with all holes completely closed, there is still some airflow fully closed so you should be able to find a sweet spot somewhere in this range.

Ergonomics are good and it almost disappears in the hand leaving just the tip of the mouthpiece showing, and speaking on the mouthpiece I found it to be comfortable to use and liked the height of it as well as the bore size.

Having the ability to use the full size PNP Pod on the Seal is a nice bonus that gives more options on how the Seal can be used. Providing a extra bonnet for the full sized PNP Pod was a nice touch, having the bonnet on really pulls everything together.

If you inhale very strong and deep the auto draw feature should work for you but I don't inhale very deeply and found the auto draw feature didn't function well for me, I'm a button presser anyway so I rarely use auto draw.

Having the charge port on the bottom of the device means you will be pulling the cover to it off when charging time arrives, replacing the cover be sure to fully seat it back into place or the Seal will wobble a bit standing up. If you lay the Seal down the airflow selector lever protrudes just enough to prevent it from rolling off the surface it's on.

All in all I think Voopoo did a nice job with designing the Seal and think it's a good started kit for someone just quitting smoking and wanting to get into vaping.

I would like to thank Aimer and Voopoo for providing the Seal for review and I hope this review has helped anyone looking to purchase the Seal.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread