Voopoo Too with Uforce Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Too 180w TC device with Uforce tank from Voopoo. The Voopoo Too 180W TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Megan from Everzon.

https://www.everzon.com/voopoo-too-180w-...-tank.html

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Version

1 x VOOPOO TOO Mod (no cell)
1 x UFORCE Tank(3.5ml)
1 x Coil Head
1 x Glass Tube
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty card

TPD Version

1 x VOOPOO TOO Mod (no cell)
1 x UFORCE Tank(2ml)
1 x Coil Head
1 x Glass Tube
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Voopoo Too is a large device, even larger than the Drag, yet despite this with the device having more shape to it and the edges better rounded i actually found it better than previous devices from Voopoo like the Drag and Alpha ergonomically but Voopoo still could improve in this department considerably. The Too has quite a look of it's own with a sliding battery door each side which takes up about 80% of the total real estate, above and below is Silver with the Silver framed versions and Black with the Black framed versions. I received the Ditch Dark, Silver framed version but the Too is also available in the following, Silver Frame, Dazzle, Raisin and Turquoise, Black Frame, Dazzle, Ditch Dark, Raisin, Turquoise. The side panels are colour of choice and have a nice metallic rainbow edge, also the side panels are not flat but taper outwards from both sides meeting towards the middle (from one edge it tapers steeply across 40% of the width, from the other side it tapers less steeply for 60% of the width), this tapering is matched by the frame of the device allowing for large tanks and also adding a bit of shape in the hand giving it the edge over Drag and Alpha ergonomically. The front of the device has a round fire button at the top, towards the bottom lined up vertically we have the up button, down button and micro USB port, between the fire and navigational buttons we have the screen. The spine of the device has "VOOPOO TOO" etched on and also etched on both sides above the panels we have "VOOPOO", the base has etched on branding, safety stamps and also battery venting. The top of the device has a 510 plate positioned at the widest point of the device maximising the size of tank that will fit, the 510 is spring loaded. The build quality seems very good and although not great ergonomically isn't too bad and definitely an improvement on my Voopoo Drag.

Too and Drag Comparison Pic:

Uforce Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 24.6mm x 54.05mm
Capacity: 1.8ml(TPD Version)/ 3.5ml(Standard Version)
Coil: U4 0.23ohm Quadruple Coil (50-120W,Best 60-80W)
U2 0.4ohm Dual Coil (40-80W,Best 55-65W)
Thread: 510 thread
Innovative subohm tank focused on optimal flavor
Precise OCC coil head to bring fabulous taste
Triple balanced inhale system with smooth airflow
Quick vent channel to produce huge vape without mouth burning
Environmental insulation materials drip tip with V-shaped structure
Convenient sliding type top filling design
Colours: Silver, Gold, Rainbow, Black, Blue, Purple.

Uforce Overview

In this review i mainly concentrate on the Too device but here is a quick look at the Uforce sub-ohm Tank which there will be many reviews out there for. The Uforce is a very good sub-ohm tank and not just a kit tank, i received the standard version which is 24.6mm diameter and has a capacity of 3.5ml. All the threading on the Uforce is excellent and the tank can be taken apart and reassembled very easily. It has a tri bottom airflow and has a top-fill system, the top just needs pushing where it is clearly marked and it slides open revealing a generous fill slot. You receive 2 identical coils which are 0.4 rated at 40w - 80w with a best of 55w - 70w and i found them best at 60w which gave above average flavour, maybe not quite up there as some of the mesh coils of late but excellent for a standard stock coil.

Too Specs and Features:

Size: 88 x 54 x 33 mm
Output Power Range: 5- 80W (1 cell)/ 5-180W (2 cells)
Working Voltage: 3.2-4.2V (1 cell)/ 6.4-8.5V (2 cells)
Battery: 1 x 18650 cell/ 2x 18650 cell (not include)
Output Voltage Range: 0-8.5V
Resistance: 0.05-3.0ohm(Wattage Mode), 0.05-1.5ohm(TC Mode)
Temperature Range: 200-600℉/100-315℃
Thread: 510
GENE chip with the fastest firing speed (10ms)
Single and double battery switchable
Double sideslip covers for more fun
SOFT Mode for High Wattage
8-battery charging protection
Colours: Black Frame, Dazzle, Ditch Dark, Raisin, Turquoise. Silver Frame, Dazzle, Ditch Dark, Raisin, Turquoise.

Fitting the Batteries

In my opinion the way the batteries are fitted is quite cool and a feature i like, but aware that maybe in time the novelty will wear off but for now to me is a winner. The Door panels either side of the device slide on runners, one panel goes one way and the other panel goes in the opposite direction. When the doors are open they reveal a nice colourful design on the underside, one battery gets fitted either side with each side being labelled "A" and "B", the Too can be ran as a 180W duel battery device or a single battery 80W device but when using as a single battery device the battery needs to be fitted in compartment "A" to work. When the panels are open at the end of the runners a bit of fiddling about will remove them and other replacement panels can be bought separately. I personally found the panels slid open nicely and secured back into place with no issues, i didn't experience the doors opening in use or coming off when fitting batteries but i do wonder with age if issues could arise, lets hope not. The one issue i have is both orientation and compartment letter is labelled Black on Black so very difficult to see, this issue keeps coming up and bugging me have manufacturers got an issue with White? so easy to solve.

Using the Too

The Gene chip is loved by many, and not just because of it's performance the board makes the device's it's employed in very easy to use. The device is the standard 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on; the display is nice and bright and well set out, not cluttered with unneeded information. To the left of the screen we have 2 battery status bars when in duel battery mode, or 1 battery status bar when in single. To the right of the battery status bar/bars we have at the top the resistance, then voltage (wattage when in temp control), below this is seconds vaped. Taking up the entire right side of the screen is your wattage (temperature when in temp control or custom curve memory number when using curves feature). The basic modes can be used simply without entering the menu system by 3 clicks of the fire button, each 3 clicks takes you to the next mode the options are Wattage, Temp -SS, Temp - Ni and Temp Ti. When in wattage mode pressing up and down buttons together enters the menu system and brings up icons, you can find all the hardware and software info for the device, select soft mode if using higher wattage or enter your custom curve memory slots, when on one of the memory slots 4 presses of the fire button brings up the graph for you to alter to your preference. When in temp control again the up and down buttons together enters the menu system which now has a couple of different features which are lock or set resistance and enter TCR values, also when on the main screen in temp control 4 presses of the fire button allows you to enter wattage for temp control. When you are using the curves feature each 3 clicks of the fire button changes from wattage to your 3 temp wires to save going into the main menu. Apart from a couple of combination key press features, that is it, the combination key press features are fire and up locks the device and fire and down flips the screen.

Performance

Instant and hard, what a chip! that just about sums it up, those that have used a Voopoo device will know what i mean, i have had plenty of devices that hit hard and fire instantly but to date this like the drag are out in front and it's so noticeable. Like the drag the curves work great and those that read my reviews regularly will know i love the curves feature on a device. 30mm tanks will fit without overhang, and the one or two battery option in my opinion is a great feature. Nothing to report with battery life it seemed what i would expect from 18650 battery/batteries whether in single or duel battery mode. The Too is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

For those that like a hard hitting, instant firing regulated device the Too is for you. Compared to the Drag although still not having great ergonomics the Too is definitely an improvement despite being bigger, fitting a lot larger tanks is definitely also a big plus. The Drag will still have it's many fans though and just won't go for the sliding panel doors, for me who has both devices i give the Too the edge doing anything other would be based on sentiment.

Good build quality
Nice looking
Fires instantly
Hits hard
Easy to use
Sliding, changeable battery door panels
Run on one or two batteries
High wattage with 2 batteries
30mm tanks without overhang
Curves, wattage and tep control
Temp control
Uforce Tank, very good sub-ohm tank
Included coils excellent stock coil flavour
Firmware Upgradeable

Dislikes

Again poor visibility for battery orientation.
Improvement for Voopoo but still not the best ergonomics

To monitor

How well will the battery doors deal with long term use.

I would like to thank Megan from Everzon for supplying the Voopoo Too with Uforce Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.everzon.com/voopoo-too-180w-...-tank.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread