The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vopresso Burnt Taste.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by hell_storm2004, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hell_storm2004

hell_storm2004 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Hello Everyone,

So I finally opened my Vopresso Revenger X. First thing I did was forgot to prime the coil. And my first puff was at 150W. Didn't realize that I had set it so high. But I just can't get a right setting to get any taste of the juice. Just has a weird burned taste to the smoke. Not to mention all the different settings in there. What should be a reasonable setting to get started.

Currently set to VW high at 52W and it's a little better, but still the taste is crap. Using the GT4 coil I think. 0.15 ohm. Juice is something called Yami Vapor Butter brew something.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IgnorantCig

IgnorantCig Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    Is it possible that the first hit at 150W damaged or ruined the taste of the coil?

I recently got a revenger go, which is basically same as revenger x with built in battery I believe, and I'm also using the coil that came with it, the GT4, and I don't have any burnt taste here.

I started gently with the watts, maybe around 25 and worked my way up slowly. I'm currently at around 60 and it's on normal. I also don't take long puffs with a brand new coil, until it's been worked in.

Worst case scenario, maybe your coil got ruined, and you just need to get some new ones?

It comes with a second coil also, so maybe you can try that one out, if you don't have any success with the one you are trying now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Yeah. I suspect a coil bust as well. I will let this juice run out and I will try the other one and see.

4. IgnorantCig

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    Also, the good thing is that it can take many different types of coils, some not even from vaporesso, so you can experiment and see what kind of coil you prefer.

I'm going to be ordering some ceramic coils to test out, because I'm used to those from my previous mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IgnorantCig

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    Also, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you look closely at each coil, I think that you'll see the recommended wattage range written on it.

The 2 coils that come with it are not the same and they have different recommended settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Yeah, I saw the rating after. Just was too eager to get started really. :w00t:

7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I once torched a (MTL) coil by accidentally scrolling around to 120 watts, when I thought I was going to 6 watts from 7, for priming.

I don't think I'll be forgetting the taste anytime soon.

I would recommend removing it at once, not when the juice is gone (exactly what I did with my "uh" unprimed coil) because coils, once burnt, are burnt. They aren't gong to change, and the longer you vape them, the more likely you are to get undesirable byproducts in your vape. I couldn't even IMAGINE vaping that "taste" for one more puff. I understand thriftiness, I also understand that what you are doing is not good for YOU or your tank. The longer you vape a burnt coil, the more the "taste" can penetrate the tank itself, contaminate O rings, and etc.

I would suggest dumping it ALL right now, and thoroughly disassembling and cleaning everything thoroughly, and possibly replacing your O-rings as you do it. I'd also suggest a priming process that is slow, gently (I start my priming inhales without even HITTING the fire button) and then slowly working your way up in wattage until you find a satisfying vape. That may well be BELOW the recommended wattage, but usually not ABOVE it, as that tends to shorten coil life.

Best of luck. I encountered my "torched" coil after I'd been vaping for a while, it's entirely possible that you aren't tasting quite how "burnt" it is. But burnt is burnt and should be dealt with the moment it occurs, not after you've vaped all your "burnt" juice. Really. Health wise and everything else, what you are doing is a false economy.

I'm sure many vapers have torched a coil or so, here and there. It's usually recommended to toss it ASAP.

Best of luck with your next coil.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Can you also suggest some alternatives for a tank? I think the Nautilus tanks are very appreciated. But then there is the 2 and the Clieto as well. I want to get two spare tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    For MTL: The nautilus 2, Kabuki (or a clone, from Fasttech, it's an expensive tank that turns the nautilus coils into flavor machines) the Nicholas Vapefly is an underappreciated sort of "subohm" MTL tank and also there is the Ijoy Elf tank that fixes some of the N2 "problems" (actually 2 ml capacity) and there is the Innoken Zenith which is a larger 4 ml capacity MTL tank has a 1.6 and 0.8 coil, then you have the Ego One Mega V2 and/or the Tron S, but you have to get the "magic" coil the Joytech CLR coil, comes in 1.0 or 0.5 resistance.

As far as sub0hm tanks a big contender (I haven't vaped one but it gets rave reviews) would be the Uwell Crown (original if you can find it, gives you greater coil choices I think) or the Crown 3, more geared completely to sub0hm but it is well liked at ECF for flavor and coil longevity.

I'm sure you'll get more suggestions....

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  10. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Well that was a handful to begin with. :)
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Not familiar with the tank but here is what the info I found says The GT 4 coil head is a dual vertical coil, rated for 30 to 70W while the GT 8 coil head is a quadruple vertical coil, rated for 50 to 110W. I agree with all the good info you got here and start with a new well primed coil and work your way up in wattage till you find your sweet spot. Why look for a new tank until you have determined this one doesn't fit your style of vaping?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    New tanks are just for backup. I am an expert in breaking stuff! The place where I live most of the vape shops close at 6. And that too don't have most of the good options.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Benjamin899

Benjamin899 Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I used the GT8 every one would last a day max before tasting burnt, admittedly I was using a marshmallow flavour but still worse coils ever

• Like Like x 1
  14. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    The other one is going strong for 3 days now. As a tank it's not bad. I am having a hard time finding the Uwell crown. Almost all of the places are out of stock. Most of the ones are Crown II or III or Valeryn.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.