VTBOX250C - Vapecige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VTBOX250C from Vapecige. The VTBOX 250C was sent for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

| Love vape love life

Introduction

The VTBOX250C is the latest device from Vapecige a manufacturer who i have reviewed various devices in the past, all have been excellent, the devices i reviewed used the IM chip which i assume is their own but more than happy to be corrected if that's not the case. The VTBOX250C is a massive upgrade from their VTBOX250 despite looking almost identical. This is the first dna device i have reviewed but i do have another dna device using an older chip which is why i said it was a massive upgrade as the new chip is a massive upgrade.
The VTBox250C features an incredible 98% output efficiency, and a maximum wattage output of 200W, full temperature control, boost, the all new Replay feature and coupled with Escribe software for the ultimate technology that combines efficiency and capability.

In the Box

Contents:

VTBOX250C MOD
Instruction Manual
USB Cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The VTBOX250C is a big heavy device so not for some, and has a bit of a retro look that i do like. Ergonomically it's far from great, box shaped mods can surprise you and be surprisingly ergonomically friendly but the VTBOX250C is just too large and heavy so i would recommend as a desktop device. The device comes in 2 options, black chassis with black side panels and black chassis with red panels, i received the device with red panels. The side panels are identical with "VTBOX250C" printed very large and 5 large venting slots on the diagonal, one side panel is fixed and the other is the battery door which has an issue. I have seen another review and not sure how his door is moving around like that however there is movement when using your finger to check for movement which is annoying. If i lift one of the batteries just slightly i get the same movement as in the review i watched but with the batteries fitted correctly the movement is there but nothing like in that review in fact you get the movement without batteries so it's nothing to do with batteries not fitting correctly, it's slight side to side movement not up and down, the batteries do fit and the panel fits fine (Joyetech Ekee all over again, mine is in a cabinet and in use and while in cabinet has not fallen over once, yes it's a top heavy topple over candidate but a couple of reviews i saw made out it couldn't even stand up). The front of the device houses the 0.96" screen centrally, above this is a large round red fire button with loads of movement and rattle (not good at all), below the screen is the up, down and select red rectangular buttons which are an improvement on the fire button but still slight movement. The spine of the device has "VAPE CIGE" printed very large which i think looks good but will not be liked by some. The bottom of the device is featureless, moving to the top of the device and to one side we have a nice 510 plate with gold plated, spring loaded 510. The aesthetics of the device are very subjective, some will love the bold retro look others will not, build quality in general isn't bad but slight movement with the battery door and the loose cheap feeling fire button let's it down.

VTBOX250C Specs:

Size: 95x 55x 30mm
Magnet battery door easy to change
High-end Anodise finish
Dual 18650 batteries (Not included)
Patented Evolv DNA250 Color Chipset
Wattage Output Range: 1- 200W
Temperature Range: 200- 600℉
Min Kanthal Resistance: 0.1ohm
Min Temperature Resistance: 0.08ohm
Preheat Functionality
Boost mode for taste/ramp vaping
Replay Feature
Stainless Steel 510 Thread Point
Spring-Loaded 510 Connection

VTBOX250C Features:

-Intuitive 0.96" TFT Full-Color Display
-Highly Responsive Three Adjustment
-Reverse Protection System
-Upgradeable Escribe Software
-98% Output Efficiency
-Cell-by-Cell Monitoring
-Atomizer Protection
-Low Resistance Protection
-Short Circuit Protection
-Overheat Protection
-Low Voltage Step Down Protection
-Onboard Reverse Polarity Protection
-Micro-USB Port- 2A Balance Charging Capability
Colours: Black/Red, Black

DNA250C

Like i said the only other DNA device i have is quite an old device which in all honesty i haven't used much so with the VTBOX250C which i've had a few weeks now i've been like a kid with a new toy using it along side the Escribe software. There will be folks that read this review that are far more familiar with the DNA chip and may already have a DNA250C or DNA75C device so any comments about the chipset are very welcome. The DNA250 Colour chipset has all the capabilities as older DNA chipsets but also has the replay feature which is possibly the biggest innovation with a chipset certainly since temp control, but in the opinion of someone like me who's not interested in using temp control possibly the biggest innovation. The DNA250C also comes with Onboard Programmable Multicoloured LED's, the board also will allow a device to go has high as 400W with 4 cells, not that anyone is going to do that but no doubt 400W devices will appear. The device has a reduced maximum wattage of 200W compared to the VTBOX250 as the DNA250C allows for 200W with duel batteries, 250W or 300W with three batteries and an already mentioned whopping 400W with 4 batteries. In the section about Replay i have included a Youtube link which tells you everything you need to know about the DNA250C Board.

Replay

The Replay feature i have only just started to have a go with so again anyone's thoughts are very welcome. To use the replay which did delay my use of it you need your coil to be using a temp control wire or include a temp control wire in it's make up but temp control it is definitely not. As well as using Replay (all be it only a little bit) and watching videos about it i'm still trying to get my head around how it actually works, but from my experience and from what i've seen, works it certainly does. Below is a great video which goes into depth about the Replay feature as well as talking about the DNA250C chipset in general so i hope people will find that useful. The idea is when you find your flavour sweet spot while vaping you can record that vape and then vape in Replay mode and you should get that same flavour with every vape with that juice and coil regardless to things like how saturated the cotton is etc. I am still not convinced about the explanation it just seems too clever yet my experience tells me it actually works and is possibly the future.

Fitting Batteries

To fit your duel 18650 batteries simply lift the side panel off using the notch at the front of the device, once off you are met with a tidy battery compartment with carbon fibre effect surround and at the top we have a printed serial number, mine is "#109". The door snaps back into place nicely, however there is slight sidewards movement but doesn't move on it's own and certainly no up and down movement like a review i saw that took an issue and milked it (the batteries do fit and panel does fit in place) the issue is slight movement when using your finger to see if there's movement which happens with or without batteries.

The VTBOX250C.

The device is 5 clicks to turn on and once on 5 clicks locks and unlocks the device, of course whether you want the device to fire when locked can be set using the Escribe software. With Evolv’s Escribe and Theme designer, you may change the font’s colours, layout, displayed information, replace the background and even upload themes for a really customised look. And, navigating all the different menus is very easy due to a third “select” button that allows for easily choosing menu items. When i first got the device i found using it and going between menu's very easy, but it wasn't long before i was having a play using the Escribe software and customising the device to exactly how i wanted it, which includes doing a Pearl Jam theme which i love. The full colour 0.96" TFT screen that has a 160×80 pixel resolution is sharp, bright and very colourful. The VTBOX250C has everything you would expect like temp control and preheat but also has wattage boost and the already mentioned Replay function.

Performance

I can't fault the performance of the device i loved it, fire's instantly and is very accurate and although the rattling fire button is annoying it is fit for purpose. Even a 30mm tank looks good which is a big plus and the efficiency of the device means you get good battery life. The device supports 2A charging and is fully upgradeable using the Escribe software.

Conclusion

I love the retro look of the device and the performance is as good as it get's however a high end device shouldn't have any movement in the battery door and cheap rattling buttons, i'm disappointed as the build quality of the other 3 Vapecige devices i have reviewed were all fantastic.

Looks Great (in my opinion)
200W device
Colour screen
Great performance
Replay feature
Boost feature
4 Button device
DNA250C chipset
Efficient, good battery life
2A charging
Customise functionality and display of device
Use with Escribe
Upload themes or easily design your own

Dislikes

Not ergonomical
Slight movement with battery door
Lots of movement and rattle with fire button
Buttons feel cheap (it's an expensive device)

I would like to thank Trinity from Vapecige for supplying the VTBOX250C for the purpose of this review.

| Love vape love life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread