Vapecige - Creator IM 200W Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Creator IM 200W mod from Vapecige. The Creator IM 200W mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

VAPECIGE offer all kinds of e-cigs mods, atomizers. |

In the Box

Contents:

One Vapecige Creator IM200W Color Screen Box mod
USB Cable
User Manual
One Vapecige Cleaning Cloth

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Creator IM 200 is a high quality built device, there is nothing cheap as regards build quality at all. It has a Zinc Alloy "I" shaped chassis which allows for the batteries to be slotted either side before fitting the Zinc Alloy curved battery doors to complete it's finished form. The device is very rounded (an oval shape) which makes it very ergonomically friendly, but is in my opinion definitely a thumb firer. Apart from the all white version which has the "I" shaped chassis in white all other options have a black chassis. The other options are Black battery doors, Red battery doors (the one i received) and white battery doors (but this time with black chassis). On the front of the chassis at the top we have a round fire button, underneath this there is a little light which stays on while the device is active. We then have a 0.9" TFT colour screen, underneath the screen are the up, select and down buttons followed by the USB port (all buttons are black). The back of the device we have in very large protruding lettering the word "creator" in silver. The base of the device has branding and safety stamps printed in white and venting. Finally, proudly sitting on top of the device is a heavy duty 30mm 510 plate (the inner 18.4mm of the plate is air fed) with spring loaded, gold plated 510. The device is quite heavy but in my opinion is equally suited as an on the go or desktop device. The glossy paint finish like the rest of the device seems very high quality and durable.

Specs:

Dimensions: 87mm *48mm * 32mm
1 to 200W Output Range
0.05 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
1 to 7.5V
Bypass mode
40A Maximum Output Current
Temperature Control Suite
Ni200 Nickel Support
Titanium Support
SS316L Support
Resistance Lock
200 to 600 Degree Fahrenheit Range
0.05 to 1 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
0.9 inch TFT Color Screen
Output Temperature
Output Wattage
Output Voltage
Material and Mode Selection
Atomizer Resistance
Output Current
Battery Life Indicator
Adjustment Lock
Four Button Control Face
Large Firing Button
Three Adjustment Buttons
On Board Charging
2A Max Charge Current
Micro USB Update and Charge Port
Dual Magnetic Battery Access Bays
Gold Plated Connections
Accepts Two High Amperage 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
Stainless Steel 510 Threading
Spring Loaded Gold Plated Contact
Short Circuit Protection/Low Voltage Protection/Timeout Protection/Over Current Protection
Colours: Black, White, Black & White, Red & Black

Fitting the Batteries

To take the battery doors off there is a small notch either side on the base which is easy to get your nails in. The battery orientation is clearly marked and contacts spring loaded. Despite the 2 battery doors being identical they are unique to each side as trying to put the wrong door on causes the magnets to push the door away. The magnets are very powerful and the doors fit very securely.

Using the Creator IM 200

The device is the normal 5 clicks on and off and 3 clicks to lock/unlock the buttons. Like the VTX 200 i recently reviewed this has a very colourful, vibrant screen which i like a lot. Operating the device is simple, you use the up and down buttons to move around the screen and when what you want is highlighted press select, you can now alter what you selected with the up and down button. At the top of the screen it says what mode you are in, selecting this allows you to go through the different options which are, watts, bypass, SS, TI and NI. When you are in wattage mode it only allows you to move between the mode option and the wattage which you can select to alter. When you choose a temp control mode it will then allow you to highlight more options on the screen. Where you had wattage you know have the temperature and underneath this you have the unit which you can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit. If you press down again the resistance is highlighted which if you select you can lock, then pressing down again highlights wattage so you can set your wattage for temp control. That's it, everything done from the one screen and couldn't be more simple. Another thing i like, as well as the bar battery icon indicator it also gives you the battery life as a percentage. I usually find a few extra features trying different key press combinations but on this occasion i drew a blank. I don't use temp control, i tried to get into it but i now just stick to power mode and i didn't ever use TCR. For those that do use TCR as far as i can tell this device doesn't have TCR options.

Performance

Can't fault it, no TCR options might be an issue for temp control users, but as a power device i just haven't got anything negative to say about the device. It fires instantly, no noticeable delay whatsoever and seems very accurate. Vapecige use the DNA chip in some of their devices but the IM chip used in others (including this one) is far from shabby. I used the device with different tanks at different wattage's and i always like to try a high wattage device on low wattage to see if it's quiet. I used the Berserker Mini at 12W and you could hear a pin drop. You can fit up to a 30mm tank which will be a big plus to some people and the battery life is what i would expect from duel 18650's.

Pros

Great build quality
Bright, vibrant colour screen
Fit tanks up to 30MM with no overhang
Fires Instantly
Performs very well
Nice looking
High quality, durable paint finish.
Temp Control
Simple to use
4 button device
Good battery life
Displays battery life as a percentage

Cons

No TCR

Conclusion

A very impressive high wattage device which is both built and performs solidly.

I would once again like to thank Trinity from Vapecige for supplying the Creator IM 200W Mod for the purpose of this review.

VAPECIGE offer all kinds of e-cigs mods, atomizers. |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread