vtc5 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

truskme

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2013
cali
i can believe that stosh cause the top part of the sleeve of one of my vtc5's look pretty shotty and i can see a noticeable line going down
one side, im not sure if its fake but i wouldnt be surprised.
yea i was looking at rtdvapors, they seem reputable and have a wide collection of batteries. and after this second time around i automatically started researching the 2 cent fuse route, $15 but well worth it if it really works. anybody have any experience with the vape safe 2 fuse and know if it works with the vtc5? it says its guaranteed to trip if 6 amps or more is passed through it so im not sure, and since this is the reusable one anyone know how many times you can use it before it u have to replace it.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
RTD is well respected for spot on genuine batteries, and decent prices. I haven't used the vape safe fuse, but they are widely used and respected. If your coil resistance is high enough that it wouldn't exceed 6 amps, a fuse would be a great addition.

A fuse can react in milliseconds, faster than you can release the fire button. Until you find the cause of the short, or over amperage draw, a fuse would save you headaches....:)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The 6 amps would be the maximum that the mod could draw before shutting down. If a short occurs the amperage shoots up over the 20 or 30 amps any battery can handle....the fuse cuts the circuit, goes to 0 amps.

Using a 6 amp limit, at 4.2 volts the lowest resistance would be 0.7Ω, but at least 0.8Ω would prevent the fuse from tripping intermittently if it that close to 6 amps.

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
I order all of my batteries and chargers from RTD. Genuine products, great prices, and top notch customer service (including the ability to answer your battery related questions) make them my first choice for batteries.

i can believe that stosh cause the top part of the sleeve of one of my vtc5's look pretty shotty and i can see a noticeable line going down
one side, im not sure if its fake but i wouldnt be surprised.
yea i was looking at rtdvapors, they seem reputable and have a wide collection of batteries. and after this second time around i automatically started researching the 2 cent fuse route, $15 but well worth it if it really works. anybody have any experience with the vape safe 2 fuse and know if it works with the vtc5? it says its guaranteed to trip if 6 amps or more is passed through it so im not sure, and since this is the reusable one anyone know how many times you can use it before it u have to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread