VV Box Mod Questions...what to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I hope this is ok in this section.

So I think I am going to cowgirl up and get my first mod. After much consideration I think I am going to start with the mad vapes VV Box mod Kit. It's in my price range and I have heard many good things about it. Plus all the replacement parts are fairly inexpensive. I have been an eGo user for over a year now and am ready to move up but want to start out inexpensively right now (until I graduate and get a job). Assembled 510 Box Mod Kit Plus Mad Vapes has been my go to supplier since I started so I want to stick with them.

So...if I buy the kit it comes with two batteries, charger and atty's and some cartomizers. I have been using the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartos and would like to use them on this (probably going to need a 510 to eGo adapter). Yada yada yada here are my questions before I buy. Thanks for all your help. I have tried researching this on my own and couldn't find the answers I need.

1) What are your overall opinions on this. Is this a good starter mod?

2) How do you adjust the voltage on this?

3) What type of atty's/cartomizers (ohm's) should I buy to go from lets say 3.7 to 5 volts.

4) Anything else you can suggest to me to purchase?

Thanks again guys! :vapor:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Yes, it's a great starter mod. You should get a couple additional 14500 batteries and lots of e juice. One thing that I'm unclear about. Are you looking to get the VV box mod or the 3.7 volt kit? The kit that you listed is the 3.7 volt, single battery mod. There is a VV Box Mod Kit but requires that you to assemble it. Just make sure that you're ordering exactly what you want. You also may consider getting some dual coil cartomizers and/or the new Vision cartos. With the VV Box Mod, you can get away with just about any resistance (Ohm) load. At 3.7 Volts, you should stay in the lower range...1.7 Ohm-2.5 Ohm. If you get the VV Box Mod, make sure to buy a dual battery charger. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. MadVapes also sells a VV Box Mod with a meter on it that will let you know what voltage you are using....very handy.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
LOL...yeah I have been looking at so many mods that I got them all confused. This is the 3.7 volt one. Sorry for the confusion. I don't want to do any thing above 3.7 volts just yet so this will work out perfectly.

Thanks for the response wolfstone5. I just wanted to see how low resistance I could go with this one. I think I am going to start out with this one and then in the future move up to a Variable Volt one. I buy so much stuff from them that I rack up enough points to get a nice discount. I have lots of ejuice already lol. :)

I have some Boge 2.0 cartos on the way as well as the 2.5 ones that came. I am just getting bored with the eGo and want to see what else is out there.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I would suggest going with the MV VV boxmod. You can always dial it down to 3.7 if that's what you feel is your sweet spot, but my guess is that you'll be amazed at higher voltages! The EMDCCs will work fine on the VV boxmod if you have a 510-eGo adapter.

I have used the MV VV circuit (same une used in the assembled boxmod) for my own VV boxmods from exotic hardwoods and it is a good, solid investment.

As said, buy a couple extra sets of batteries and a dual battery charger, plus the adapter and you're set for the next phase of your vaping journey.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Thanks Dougiestyle...I ended up buying the 3.7 non vv kit to start with. I do plan on getting a VV unit when I get some income tax money back. lol. I didn't buy any batteries as this kit came with two and I do have about 3 eGo's that I can use in emergencies so I won't be without. This will most likely come and kick me in the buttocks though I'm sure. I will pick up some more batteries and possibly a new charger when I do another Mad Vapes order. This order gave me a lot of rewards points so I figured I would go with those next time. I am holding out for the Trustfire ones and I am on the waiting list for those.

I picked up a package of 5 Boge 510 2.0 cartos and some DCT cartos. So I should be ok with that.

I was going to go with the E-Power but I didn't b/c I have heard there are some issues with that unit and the 510 box mod had some pretty good reviews so I figured it was a better option.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Zara1269 - Dougiestyle was right...you really should have bought the Madvapes VV Box.

Why? I'll tell you...
1. Most folk, after a year or so, feel they want something 'more' from their 3.7 volt PV. This usually means they want hotter, thicker vapor with more throat hit. The best way to accomplish this is by increasing the voltage a little.

2.As Dougiestyle said, one can dial a VV box down to 3.7 volts and take it from there. You would have been surprised at what 4.2 or 4.5 volts could do for your juices in terms of flavor and vapor production. Remember, not all juices are equal.

3.At some point, the VV Sirens will begin calling. The Madvapes box is a 'true' variable voltage mod in that it has a continuously adjustable range - the Ego 'variable voltage' battery, in comparison, gives only pre-set, selectable output voltages.

4.The Madvapes box can handle pretty well any carto you put on it. I am using a dual-coil tank (1.5 ohms) at around 4.3 volts right now and getting delicious, creamy flavors in a way that my E-Power doesn't deliver.

5.The Madvapes box is an excellent, low-cost introduction to the world of VV. If you decide that it's not for you then you only invested $35...not a huge loss.

But, as always, YMMV - whatever keeps you off the stinkysticks is right for you.
:vapor:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Thanks for the Eddie.Willers. :)

I will definitely be buying the VV box in the near future so I appreciate the advice now (probably will buy when income tax returns come back in if I like this mod). I just went with this one b/c i couldn't find the vv box kit on the site with all the accessories so that's why I went with this one b/c I just wanted to make sure I had the right stuff to start with. I believe I can use the charger on many other types of batteries and if I do upgrade the charger I will use that one as a backup. I will still be using my eGo's I'm sure so I have those as back ups too.

I just want to try it and see if I like it and if I do I will upgrade. IMO one can never have too many PV's ya know! :) I will give them all a good home. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread