• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VV Box Mod (The Splash) + 14500 CGI Battery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
I'm having a bit of problem with my new box mod from Shan, the variable voltage. The problem is that it switches itself off during a drag (say about 1-2 second into the drag) and it switches itself back on after realeasing the fire button. Could it be due to the battery? They are fully charged by the way.

I also notice that if i bump it up from 4 Volts to 4.4 Volts, the thing occasionally shuts itself off quicker. Which is kind of strange.

- Using a 2 ohm carto on 3.9V; switches off midway during a drag
- Using a ?? ohm Genesis on 4.4V (I usually vape it on 4.8V); still switches off midway during a drag

I thought the tit might be the battery problem, but checked on the built in volt meter and total voltage is 8.2. Also, if it is overloading, it shouldn't exceed 6 or 10A either. Therefore, do you guys think I should get Trustfire batteries?

Help is much appreciated :)

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
masuqot
I think you shud get AW IMR batts....they are better...for the box mods depends, for me I think it maybe the circuit that is having the problem( if you have tested ur batts on other devices n works fine)...you might wanna ask Shan about this maybe he knows what to do...Btw do you have any warranty for ur Box mod?... So if anything you can atleast refer back so you do not waste any money

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
I'm using CGI, they are supposingly the A-grade kinds and TrustFires are the C-Grade kind, according to some sources :D

BUt I'll be getting some TrustFires because they are recommended and trustworthy :D

If they are ICRs and they are not rated to handle the load of the regulator, they might be the cause of it.

Either that or the regulator itself is faulty.

Get urself IMRs or TF flames ICR. I've used both on my Poorvari with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread