VV design questions and schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl
VV design

So ive been motivated by other to try and build a vv mod.
I have not done this before so I wanted to ask fo a little help.
i plan i using the mad vapes supplies

I made a schematic

modschem1.jpg

What do you think is ?

Will this work?

My main areas of concern are where to solder the circled yellow areas, is this correct ?

modschem2notsure.jpg

I appreciate any help Thanks !!!!!

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
You need to start over......
The regulator lays flat on the silver square at the top and the 5 pins are top soldered to the 5 vertical bars
The white adjustment wheel goes on the 3 holes in the lower right corner

Once you get that done, lay out the other components and it will be much easier to check how you want to attach them.

Also, you'll need a really good heatsink; that reg produces a LOT of heat.

Use madvapes' picture to help with the layout

thumbnail.asp

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... The regulator lays flat on the silver square at the top and the 5 pins are top soldered to the 5 vertical bars
The white adjustment wheel goes on the 3 holes in the lower right corner

Also, you'll need a really good heatsink; that reg produces a LOT of heat.

Use Madvapes' picture to help with the layout

thumbnail.asp
If that "silver square at the top" had been just a tad larger and rolled over the top edge (or sides) and extended part way down the back it would have made a big difference in helping to dissipate the heat. And taking a cue from cpu heatsinks a bit of thermal paste would also enhance the heat transfer.

There are many pre-built modules out there. Note how this one adds a bit to it's heat sinking ability.

mamu_bm_31.jpg

Sometimes just a minor addition can help these regs work at @ 2.5A instead or going into thermal shutdown @ 2A.

Last edited:

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl
If that "silver square at the top" had been just a tad larger and rolled over the top edge (or sides) and extended part way down the back it would have made a big difference in helping to dissipate the heat. And taking a cue from cpu heatsinks a bit of thermal paste would also enhance the heat transfer.

There are many pre-built modules out there. Note how this one adds a bit to it's heat sinking ability.

http://www.walagata.com/w/mysticx/mamu_bm_31.jpg[

Sometimes just a minor addition can help these regs work at @ 2.5A instead or going into thermal shutdown @ 2A.[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw that one, i might just pick that up instead seeing that mad vapes is out of stock,

but am i getting closer ?

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
as soon as mad vapes gets their supplies in I'm gonna put this in action,
it will be cheaper than a provari...lol

You might want to look at the OKR-T mod. Going to cost slightly more but it is a switching regulator which means you will get better battery life run times and less heat. 3 amp is 6 bucks and the 6 amp is 8 bucks. All the parts are listed in the thread here would be easy to add the LED meter Plus you dont have to wait Digikey should have all the parts in stock. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/191607-easy-okr-t-vv-mod.html

Easy%252520VV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread