VV Ego wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
I had purchased a 900 mah VV Ego a few weeks back and the battery connector came off the battery while it was in my pocket. It separated right after the plastic light ring area. The black wire (-) was still connected but the yellow wire (+) became disconnected from the regulator chip inside. Does anyone know where to solder back on the wire to the chip? Pics would be great if anyone else had theirs come apart. Chris, Dan?:confused:

William W

ECF Veteran
I had purchased a 900 mah VV Ego a few weeks back and the battery connector came off the battery while it was in my pocket. It separated right after the plastic light ring area. The black wire (-) was still connected but the yellow wire (+) became disconnected from the regulator chip inside. Does anyone know where to solder back on the wire to the chip? Pics would be great if anyone else had theirs come apart. Chris, Dan?:confused:

Do you mean the wire to the connection to atty side. If so, it goes to the transistor output pin on the other side of the button. You should be able to notice the soldering point on the chip :):vapor::vapor:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
It's dam near impossible for that part to just come off while in your pocket, it's a serious press fit. There would have to be a whole lot of pressure hard to the left then to the right for that press fit to come apart, or about 500 pounds of straight force pulling it away. Anyhow like William W said you should be able to see the female joint in the connector board where it goes into. It is a very delicate situation to soldier this too, I've done a few Ego's myself. Take your time and be sure to tin your wire first, it's only going to take one little touch with the soldiering gun to get that done and you wont get to many tries before you bugger it up or mess up that wire so take your time. If you have a helping hands tool to hold everything in place I would suggest using it.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
huh i have a first run vv ego and if i put the sapphire cone/cover on it i can pull the bottom tube off no problem no wiggling or anything. it is solid enough that is does not come apart under normal use and i cant pull it apart with a regular cone or anything else. but the sapphire cover gives enough grip to do it easily.
might get some magnifier glasses from the dollar store too - they come in very handy on projects like this lol

been there

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Brooksville,florida
I bought one of the first kits that came out and the same thing happen to me then the next day the other one wouldn't charge ,called them and they said they would replace the one that wouldn't charge and that was a couple of weeks ago at least and haven't seen hide nor hair of it. I don't buy from company's I cant trust and wont buy from here again.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Mine separated at the same point but it was from neglect. I wasn't aware it was a press fit and used the battery to pull apart a vision deux for cleaning. The deux stayed intact, the battery not so much so. You can still do the manufacture warrantee but who wants to ship to china? Can't expect the vendor to replace my abuse honestly.

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
Success! +1 on the Magnifying glass, that was like micro soldering. Used epoxy to seal in the battery connector. Thanks everyone for the advice. Yay my ego is back in business:vapor:
100_3752.jpg

kingofswords

Nov 18, 2011
kingofswords
can you show a pic of the other side of switch please?

i have same issue...mine wouldnt charge...red lcd light up but not firing.
i tip connector off to take a look and the yellow positive wire came of.

it feels as thou there somthing loose inside bouncing around but i am unable to remove the plastic ring and pcb to take a look.

any help would be deeply appreciated.

p.s. ive justput a new switch in a dead ego so know how hard these are to solder but think ill be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread