vv vs. bottom feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Ok I'm a regular eGo person ... drip tip w/lr debridged atty for fun ... cartos while on the run. Having fun in the sun but time to move on.

And some members here have started teaching me about mods ... bottom feeders, variable voltage units, (some with both), regular 3.7 box mods, etc ... and it's wonderful. Love you guys.

But I'm on a limited budget right now. I don't think I'll be able to go with a vv + bottom feeder (too expensive),

So ... if you had to choose between a vv unit or a bottom feeder, which would you choose and why?

I know it's about what I want -what's important tome, but I learn a lot from other's experiences, and tend to find value in what others have already gone through.

:vapor: Thanks again all.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If I had to choose one over the other I would go with VV. Reason being is there are other solutions out there for juice feeders and tanks with more coming all the time that increase juice storage, VapeMate, Smart Carts, XL Cartos, Map Tank Etc. Most should be able to find a solution in the juice area that should satisfy their needs.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I think it would be great to own both but between the two I'd choose a VV mod because of the range of wattage you can get with one atty on one mod to fit your juice flavor and/or need for a cooler or warmer vape. Sometimes I'm fine with lower wattage vaping and other times I need the higher range to feel satisfied. Its not a big deal to me to refill (or change out one I've prefilled) a Joye carto or the new 510 Tank Cartridge I just started using and really like, after vaping abt a ML of juice. In fact its not unusal for me to want to change flavors after one ML anyways and I normally vape between 3-4ML a day.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
if I had to chose one, I would go with the Reo Grand first, Phidias second, but really I would save a bit more and buy the VV Ali'i. The VV Ali'i is my mainstay PV that is always with me, both of them I have 2 as well as the others I mentioned and each loaded with a different flavor ! The VV Ali'i is only a little bit more and by the time you get it you will have saved that little bit extra you need..!! Also if you smoked a pack or two a day than you can well afford it.!! I do enjoy my Provari with my Vapemate as well, but if only ONE I it would have to be my VV Ali'i simply because its an all in one unit and the only thing I need to carry is one extra set of 16340's if I'm gonna be gone for 8hr's or more. enough said !

Last edited:

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
Hi Trips, I used to live in Ahoskie ,NC. Loved it down there !.. As far as your question, I started out with an Ego as you and many others do. But it becomes very limited as you start seeking the "ultimate" vaping experience. Different flavors and so on. I have made a few bottom feeders, a few VV units and quite a few others.

Myself I would suggest a nice little Variable Voltage unit. It opens up a whole new world of being able fine tune your atties, cartos and juices. It's amazing what just .1 or .2 volts can do to help the taste of some juices. You may enjoy a certain atomizer while dripping at home. Then you can adjust the voltage to a CE2 cartridge to take on the run with you. Then someone may come out with a new and exciting atomizer or cartomizer that you just have to try and hence,,,, no fretting about not having the right voltages for it... Just dial it in then fine tune

Very few bottoms feeders out there that won't leak eventually. But the ones that don't are really nice to have while at work so as not to have to carry syringes and all the other paraphernalia with you. Just fill in the morning, fresh batteries and go. But the Ce2 atomizers are nice for this also.

Some links for you. Some are out of stock quite often bust just an idea

1) Ali'i Custom Order

2}https://www.ttteliquids.com/Shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=16

3) Rubicon Mods by Leggomyears!

4) Little Sister Variable Voltage

5) Big Brother V2 Variable

6) Buzz - notcigs.com

7) Infinity

8) Vaprlife - Products - 5 Volt Electronic Cigarettes

9) Vaprlife - Products - Coming Soon....

10) ProVari variable voltage e-cigarette! Order today!

11) Saber Touch VariVolt

12) Vaprlife - Products - VP Turbo AV

Hope this helps. I really don't think you can go wrong with VV but your price range may be a factor. You can find 3.7 or 5volt bottoms feeders pretty cheap to test one if your budget calls for that. But eventually,,, well you know :p

keitht253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Morgantown, WV

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Ok. That's what I was thinking. And correct me if I'm wrong ... I tend to chain drip a lot, which usually has me with sparks of hot juice in my mouth. Turning down the voltage would help with this. Since I drip a lot, vv would help a lot.

silentt - I was hoping to spend maybe 65-75 for the unit, as I'll end up getting stuff to go with it.

squirrel64 - Thank you for taking the time to put up those links. wonderful!

keith - I'm two left thumbs, and I've never even taken a shop class. It may be fun in the future, but not sure if I really want to get into it that far.

Everyone: In general, prior to owning one of these devices, it's difficult to tell what would fit best for you. Especially since these aren't items we usually see on the street or in a shop window. Thanks for offering your opinions ... what you say really does help.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
If I had to choose one over the other I would go with VV. Reason being is there are other solutions out there for juice feeders and tanks with more coming all the time that increase juice storage, VapeMate, Smart Carts, XL Cartos, Map Tank Etc. Most should be able to find a solution in the juice area that should satisfy their needs.

This is true also. I'll take this into consideration.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I should try to keep this a secret until I get one ordered for myself. I know they only started out with about 40 of them and now there's less then 20 left... but maybe they'll get more soon. That's a $30 juice feeder and requires a ~$7 battery. And, btw, madvapes rocks. they've treated me really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread