VX2 video review FINALY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Well, you figured it wouldn't be long, and now it has happened. I've seen another supplier having a grand opening, and he's carrying the VX2, well, he actually calls it the j-118. Not gonna name the supplier, but he's posted his grand opening on here. Interesting that he's got the PCC included in his kits.

Still, LiteCig's been a great supplier, so not planning on jumping ship :D

There will soon be more suppliers offering the J118 as that will always come with the popularity of a good device. But in terms of good prices and customer service I'm sure Shawn will remain at the forefront. Not to mention the fact that he will probably be the first to offer the next improvement to the ever changing e-cig world. Let's just hope a certain reviewer can stay sober for the review of Shawn's next great product! :lol:

ViciousCircle

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
near Columbus, OH - USA
There will soon be more suppliers offering the J118 as that will always come with the popularity of a good device. But in terms of good prices and customer service I'm sure Shawn will remain at the forefront. Not to mention the fact that he will probably be the first to offer the next improvement to the ever changing e-cig world. Let's just hope a certain reviewer can stay sober for the review of Shawn's next great product! :lol:
I wonder if the Teddy bear was tipsy too?

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Quick Update on the VX2...

I took it with me on both Friday and Saturday night to see my friend's band. On Friday night I used it as my only device and the sound & vibrations didn't play into to use of the device at all. On Saturday night I was video taping the band and left the VX2 in my case on the table. After the 1st set was done I went for apuff and is was really hot, and the battery was blinking the old "I'm dead Jim" blink. I quickly unscrewed the battery and let it cool off. My assumption is that since it was right up front on Saturday night that the sound set the battery off (the switch is very sensitive) and that is was cooking for about an hour (length of the set). After it cooled down I went out to my car and got the spare battery and screwed it on and put a fresh cart on. It tasted really burnt, but worked just fine. Yesterday I took the atomizer off and set it mouth piece side up and dripped some juice onto it to try to "cure" the atomizer out of it's burnt taste. This morning I cleaned up all the spare juice leaking from it, screwed it to the battery that ran all night Saturday and vaped away. Everything is fine and back to normal. The burnt taste is just about gone, the atomizer and battery are both working just fine, and I now know that not only is this a great little device, but it can take a licking as well.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Yeah, I liked that too and should have probably mentioned that, but I was strictly reviewing the VX2 at the time. I am surprised how it holds just about as much juice as a pen does. Really nice to get more than 5-7 drags from a device the size of a 901 without haveing to refill.

Great review, you were very thorough. I'm just confused about how poorly your 901 performs.

I counted last night and I got 45 drags from my 901 (5 sec each) and had plenty of vapor until about number 40 where it started to taper off. That wasn't even a new cart, it is one I am on at least refill number 3 or 4 with, I just topped it off before I started counting.

I never have to refill after just 5-7 puffs. :confused:

davidgeorge

Dec 9, 2008
hey guys, names dave.... got j118, not happy!

Hey i dont know about you guys but i got really got a bad atomizer burn taste from the j118. So bad that after trying 3 atomizers & new bats that i have had to put it down for good.
I have been vaping for almost a year now with many different ecigs and none have ever given me a taste like the j118 did. :nah:

few things about it really bugged me, that mic switch is sweet if your inside with no wind but even a slight breeze on the SIDE of my bats and it set them off! so outside smoking = pants :(
if you look under the foil in your carts you will see that there is a film of plastic (underneath the foil) and thats ultra close to atomizer for my liking seeing that it gets so hot. way to hot in my opinion....
Seems like the foil's just a way for manufacture to save money by not having to make caps and wrappers for the carts. liquid had trouble getting into cartridge on its own between draws, its either vapor on or vapor off and when its off, it tastes burnt!:mad:

it vaped well when i dripped one drop into the atomizer but that only lasted about 4 draws then that nasty burning taste again, I was really excited about trying the j118, sticking to my trusty RN-4075 for now.

Tried a few cigs from that manufacture (JieShibao) and they all evatually tasted nasty.

bummed that my first post is a bit of a rant.... pretty gutted though

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis

Actually it's quite normal nowadays for members first posts to be rants or complaints. It's actually so common now it's almost hard to take them seriously. Did you contact the supplier you purchased your J118 from to see if they could help you out with your problems?

With that said, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your J118. I haven't had the issues that you have had. I've used 2 different atomizers so far and not one has had a burnt taste unless the cart was drying up and needed to be filled. But that is normal for all atomizers.

I also haven't had the problem you reported with wind setting off the battery. That was one of my first tests with the unit, driving my car down the road with both windows open at hwy speeds and I didn't have any problems.

I agree that the foil on the pre-filled carts is funky, but I just ripped them off and when they were used up I just switched to using empty carts I fill myself.

Anyway, you should really think about contacting the supplier you bought the J118 from. They may be able to help you with your issues.....

Last edited:

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
I agree. The VX2 (J118) has never given me any problem at all. I had it in my bag last weekend while my friends band played and because of the switch being sensitive it was on for over an hour. When I went to get it it was really hot, but I took off the battery, when I got home I sat the atomizer on end, dripped a generous amount of juice on it, blew it out and cleaned it in the morning, and after a few puffs the burned taste was gone.

All e-cigs have their ups and downs, it's just to me there are more ups than downs with the J118.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    hey guys, names dave.... got j118, not happy!

Hey i dont know about you guys but i got really got a bad atomizer burn taste from the j118. So bad that after trying 3 atomizers & new bats that i have had to put it down for good.
    I have been vaping for almost a year now with many different ecigs and none have ever given me a taste like the j118 did. :nah:

few things about it really bugged me, that mic switch is sweet if your inside with no wind but even a slight breeze on the SIDE of my bats and it set them off! so outside smoking = pants :(
    if you look under the foil in your carts you will see that there is a film of plastic (underneath the foil) and thats ultra close to atomizer for my liking seeing that it gets so hot. way to hot in my opinion....
    Seems like the foil's just a way for manufacture to save money by not having to make caps and wrappers for the carts. liquid had trouble getting into cartridge on its own between draws, its either vapor on or vapor off and when its off, it tastes burnt!:mad:

it vaped well when i dripped one drop into the atomizer but that only lasted about 4 draws then that nasty burning taste again, I was really excited about trying the j118, sticking to my trusty RN-4075 for now.

Tried a few cigs from that manufacture (JieShibao) and they all evatually tasted nasty.

My initial impression of the J118 wasn't great, either, at least in some ways.
    The foil - as said, rip it off. Really, it's contacting the atomizer wick, not the atty itself, shouldn't burn, but remove it if you'd like. The J118 batteries are sensitive IMHO, as well.

On the funky taste...clean the atomizers. stick them in a shot glass of alcohol, agitate a bit, let sit for a bit, then do the same with distilled water, then rinse out. blow out and let sit to dry. Re-prime with 2 or so drops (only, and not with atty on battery), and top off cart.

The first atty didn't taste bad initially, but when I grabbed the third one, the primer hit was quite *nasty*. Cleaning them all in frustration...at least the one atty re-tested, it's vaping much better now.

Give it a shot. It's not my #1 e-cig, but it's not bad, either.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2009
    Las Vegas Nevada
    www.myspace.com
    You look familiar. Are you the guy that has the Vapor Genie review online? Talking to Figurehead, of course. If so, could you PM me? Thanks for the review, by the way, it helped me decide whether or not to get a VX2 I saw in the classifieds.

Nope, that's not me. So far I have reviewed the Bada-Bing e-cigar (RN4062) from PureSmoker, the Havana e-cigar (DSE701) from litecigusa.com, the VX2 (J118) from litecigusa.com, and am posting a review for the M201 Pen Style from litecigusa.com tonight.

I am going to bet you'll be very happy with your VX2.

zips

May 21, 2009
    This review is basically spot on. I got my VX2 (AKA J-118) and overall I've had really good results.

DO NOT BUY THE PREFILLED CARTS:
    As people have mentioned, the prefilled carts are capped with a sticky foil/plastic cover which is nearly impossible to remove. Some plastic is bound to touch the atomizer, and that strikes me as very unsafe.

BUY THE EMPTY CARTS:
    Easy to refill, lasts a long time. Very cheap.

DO NOT DRIP:
    Dripping is a no-no. That's been covered. I didn't know when I first got mine, so I made the mistake of dripping 1-2 drops after every fill up for more vape. It doesn't help AT ALL. These things are designed for the carts, and I must say, they did a good job. No dripping required. Dripping actually makes the vape much worse, and ruins your battery.

BUY EXTRA ATOMIZERS:
    My first atomizer lasted less than 2 weeks, which is probably MY FAULT for DRIPPING. (Don't drip). The taste became very burned and horrible in a short time. I replaced the atomizer today, and this e-cig is performing extremely well.

BUY AN EXTRA CHARGER/BAT:
    The only con I have come across is the bat-life. If you are a heavy vaper, you'll want to be able to charge 2 extra bats at the same time.

COSTS (litecigusa dot com)
    VX2 ATOMIZER (silver) = $8.95
    VX2 STARTER KIT (2 bats ($18.00/bat), 1 atomizer ($8.95)) = $44.95
    1 Cart (Recomended for 5 refills) = $0.59
    Total: $44.95 to get started
    MAINTENANCE: $1.87 per day (not including e-liquid or replacement batteries)

Assuming I want extra clean vape, so I replace an atomizer once a week, and refill my cart 5 times a day (which would be a lot) the cost comes out to about $1.87 a day not including e-liquid. Outperforms analogue cigs in every way, imo. Also saves money on medical bills, no bronchitus infections or cancer treatments 20years down the line. That alone makes it worth paying much more than what analogues cost, and you get these for CHEAPER.

OVER ALL:
    I love the VX2 (J-118).
    Pays for itself in ~20 days or so at $5.00 per analogue pack, not including e-juice.
    The damage you avoid inflicting on your body by using this alternative is the real money saver (both in real dollars and in terms of having better health).

Great product. Wish batteries lasted longer. You may actually find yourself refilling 5 times a day. Still worth it though. AND REMEMBER: NO DRIPPING!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread