Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
baby-boy-crying-photo-420x420-ts-56570356.jpg

I just sent off R2 for the 510 upgrade. It was sad. I felt like I was saying goodbye to my best friend! He looked so sad stuffed with a paper towel, deblinged and wrapped in bubble wrap. I almost shed a tear.

At least I have another Reo to get me by until he arrives back safely in my hands sporting that shiny new 510. I may have to hug him when he gets back!

It is truly a sad day...

Condolences in the form of 10-12mg eliquid will be accepted. ;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Condolences in the form of 10-12mg eliquid will be accepted. ;)
:lol: :lol: Rob will take good care of your baby......now quit yur whinin!! :laugh: I know that would be hard to do, but from what I hear, it'll be back before ya know it

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'll be doing the same after Rob recovers from his procedures and yes, it will be a touch sad. Just think of how awesome its going to be when its returned though!
I was going to wait as well, but I figured "what the hell". If I don't send it in now while I have it on my mind then I'll never do it. After R2 gets back, I'm sending my other one in to get milled LP and the new 510.

I'll be UNSTOPPABLE after that!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
yeah my son said for a combination mother's day/birthday present he'd pay to send my mini in to be milled, new 510 and new contacts, but both of those are over now, and no tellin when it'll get done. <sigh> so.....at least having to wait on it is better than not being able to do it to begin with! see, that's the bright side!

Reactions: keepsmiling

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
I feel your pain. Have sent mine up a time or a few. But it is usually a fairly quick turnaround and it is back. You might have to be a bit more patient, with Rob in recovery mode.
But just think, if it was something from overseas, what kind of time, expense, and unknown customer service would we be getting?
At least we know with Rob it is great customer service, and if it was wrong he would fix it again!:D

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I was going to wait as well, but I figured "what the hell". If I don't send it in now while I have it on my mind then I'll never do it. After R2 gets back, I'm sending my other one in to get milled LP and the new 510.

I'll be UNSTOPPABLE after that!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I'll be going through this soon when I send Chewbacca in for the New 510 makeover. I just know it's gonna be uncomfortable. :(

I feel your pain. Have sent mine up a time or a few. But it is usually a fairly quick turnaround and it is back. You might have to be a bit more patient, with Rob in recovery mode.
But just think, if it was something from overseas, what kind of time, expense, and unknown customer service would we be getting?
At least we know with Rob it is great customer service, and if it was wrong he would fix it again!:D

By overseas, I assume you mean China. Yep. Know the feeling. You never, ever want to go through the China Wall of Hell. IF you're lucky, it'll take 6-8 weeks. However, in my case of my Vamo 2 device, it took 13 weeks to exchange. I had actually written it off after a long time of dealing with emails. Then, one day, ...it just showed up.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Not just China. There are mods made in France, Italy, Greece, Russia, lots of places. Tough to get there and back, without giving up a left arm. If you ever want to hear a nightmare mod story, ask me about the Pyra..what a bad deal that was.
All total it cost me over $500. and I wound up with nothing..notta...zip..:nah:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Not just China. There are mods made in France, Italy, Greece, Russia, lots of places. Tough to get there and back, without giving up a left arm. If you ever want to hear a nightmare mod story, ask me about the Pyra..what a bad deal that was.
All total it cost me over $500. and I wound up with nothing..notta...zip..:nah:

Now that, is a sad story.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes it sucks badly to have to send a mod back to Rob. I still have to send my TRA back to get the new connector reverse threaded but even with several other REOs I just hate to send em back. But take solace in knowing that once you do, itll likely never need to be sent in again cause the new connector is basically unbreakable :)

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It's a slow process for us in Oz waiting for it to arrive at Rob's, then waiting for it to come back. Good thing I have others to keep me going.
It would be so hard being so far away and waiting don't envy ya that. We whine about waiting a week which is an amazing turnaround. Would hate to wait for it to go that far

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Yes it sucks badly to have to send a mod back to Rob. I still have to send my TRA back to get the new connector reverse threaded but even with several other REOs I just hate to send em back. But take solace in knowing that once you do, itll likely never need to be sent in again cause the new connector is basically unbreakable :)

I believe the term is "HOOPLEPROOF"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread