Walking for a Cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hey Rick. Dude, I wish I could have donated more than $5. But I'm in a really tight spot right now. Dog cremation, urn, auto insurance for the year, 5 new tires and some other things have bled me dry.

I know 5 dollarbucks doesn't go far these days, but I hope there can be some use from it. I hope you understand.

Oh, and I signed my name Adam/Shatner in case you see it, so you know who the cheapskate was. :laugh:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Oh, I know. I just like giving to good causes. I wish I could have given a more generous contribution, though.

Tangent: Have you seen the cost of tires recently? My car takes 205/50/17. That means 205mm wide, 50% of the width of the tire as the side wall for 17" wheels? Do you follow? Those are pretty standard size tires on modern vehicles (I drive an '11 Mazda 3 hatchback [6 speed manual, of course :D])

I didn't get the cheapest tire, but neither did I get the most expensive. I got a mid priced, semi aggressive tread pattern tire. Tires delivered to my door (cheaper even w/ shipping than anywhere local), mounted and balanced for $895! Tires have become outrageously expensive recently.
/rant

Sorry for going off topic in a serious thread.

EDIT: Oh, and I got a new rifle. :laugh:

Last edited:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Hey Rick. Dude, I wish I could have donated more than $5. But I'm in a really tight spot right now. Dog cremation, urn, auto insurance for the year, 5 new tires and some other things have bled me dry.

I know 5 dollarbucks doesn't go far these days, but I hope there can be some use from it. I hope you understand.

Oh, and I signed my name Adam/Shatner in case you see it, so you know who the cheapskate was. :laugh:

Adam...dude...a donation is a gift from the heart. When money is tight, $5 is a million. Don't you dare apologize about an amount. Thanks, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread