Want to charge my E2 TWIST 1100MAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthsiggy

Moved On
Nov 29, 2012
How long does it take to charge an e2 1100mah battery ?.. It says on the batteries description it should be charged for 3.5 hours. I have an existing ego 420 usb charger which i can plug into the wall charger. The light on the cable stays red and flashes green every 2 or 3 seconds. I have charged the e2 for about 4 hours but it still hasn't changed to green. Does it matter if i leave it for an excessive amount of time to see if it chages to green when fully charged ?. If it doesn't turn green then how do i know when it has charged ?.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to say the charger is okay since the light is flashing green, which indicates the charger is detecting the battery properly.

Your charger might be rated at 420ma but the actual output depends on the output of the wall adapter too. If the output of the wall adapter is less than 500ma then the output of the charger will be less than 420ma. Along with charging the battery there is also an overhead (power usage) in the adapter and charger that must be overcome first.

Just leave the battery on the charger for a couple more hours. As long as the charger's light is blinking green (which is when the charger checks the battery to see if it's fully charged yet) all should be good.

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
The pulsing green flash when charging indicates the battery is receiving current from the charger(a good thing).

If your charger isn't making contact with the battery, you'll notice the light stays solid red, I only know this to be true for ego batteries, some 510 batteries don't do this.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

synthsiggy

Moved On
Nov 29, 2012
You know i had been charging my other ego batteries in a usb port and they charged how they should. When i got the e2 twist i'd do the same. But for some reason the e2 responded differently and the green light would never light upon full charge. I used the wall plug to see if would make a difference and after three and a half hours of charging the e2 the light turned green. I'm not sure why the usb wouldn't do this but now i just use the wall plug instead and everythings fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread