Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
These are the best tasting, longest lasting that I have ever used, Low Resistance (LR) Atomizer - 306 They will last if you take care of them. (washing them out, dont do dry vapes)

I suggest any LR (low resistance) atomizer ( as in 1.5 ohm) for great taste and heavy vape. Some of mine are well over 3 months old.

Set your voltage at about 3.2 or 3.3 to start. You can ramp up the voltage a bit, but only go .1 incremenyts at a time. If you get ANY type of burnt taste at all, go back down in voltage.

Rebuildables are another story. I will let someone else fill you in on that. I would start with these.

One of these LR 306's will blow away the taste of that Pro tank.

Last edited:

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
You have made a wise choice. Once I started dripping all my other atty's took a rest. As far as battery life goes it depends on the ohms and amount of use.

As far as dripping w/ RDA's goes.

For a starter just go to fasttech and get your self a good quality clone mech(chi you clone, k100 ect...), RDA (trident clone), a few 18650's, a good fast charger, some silica, ecowool, or cotton for the wick (Silica and Ecowool are easier to start with, a roll of 28 and 30 gauge Kanthal and you should be good to start. You will also need a butane torch of some sort a cheap jet butane refillable lighter can also work all the way up to a fancy 50 dollar torch. Personally I just use a bernzomatic mini torch which is hand held and refillable.

For understanding more about coils, how to build them, ohms ect I'd check out the Rebuildable Atomizer section and go from there. As a basic rule of thumb the lower the gauge of the kanthal the lower the resistance or ohms. The higher the gauge of the kanthal the thinner the wire and higher the resistance/ohms. Lower ohms drains more amps from your battery but many like it due to the vapor production it can produce. Keep in mind though there are also 1.5ohm microcoil builds doing some amazing vaping as well so really you just need to tinker w/ it to find your sweet spot. I also advised the trident clone due to you not having to drill out the air holes as its adjustable on airholes.

Also another rule of thumb. A dual coil will effectively half your ohm's as in a single coil at 1 ohm in dual coil will get you around .5 ohms.

I started on cartos and used the pro-tanks ect as well as genesis and prefer dripping over all the others.

Last edited:

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
i will def check that out but i dont know if i am ready to start rebuilding my own yet but i have thought about it, but what u said about lower ohms draining more amps dont that mean that the battery wont last as long and thank to all of for the help

An 18650 w/ me running dual coil at .5 ohms currently still lasts me a long time. I just keep a spare on me so if I kill one i have another charged and rdy to go. Most of the time battery life isn't an issue w/ me.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Since you are using a VAMO don't worry about sub-ohm builds for now since they won't fire on your mod anyway. You can purchase a rebuildable dripper and build coils that will work well on a VAMO but there is a bit of a learning curve.

I would get a 510 bridgeless dripping atomizer or two and start with that. Something in the 1.5 to 2.0Ω range will work well for you.

potter3

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
columbus, ga
Since you are using a VAMO don't worry about sub-ohm builds for now since they won't fire on your mod anyway. You can purchase a rebuildable dripper and build coils that will work well on a VAMO but there is a bit of a learning curve.

I would get a 510 bridgeless dripping atomizer or two and start with that. Something in the 1.5 to 2.0Ω range will work well for you.

is bridgeless the name or is that a kind and if it is a kind how do i tell if it is

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
is bridgeless the name or is that a kind and if it is a kind how do i tell if it is

The descriptions will say bridgeless. This is the one that I've been using: Stingray 510 Atomizer. I prefer the long barrel because the vape is slightly cooler and there is less of a chance of juice spitting up into your mouth.

There are cheaper atty's, and more expensive ones. One of my two just died on me but I got a solid three months of use out of it, and the other is still going strong.

illestdrftr

Moved On
Aug 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I found cheap atties maddeningly difficult to keep fed properly for maximum taste and performance. I thought I was an idiot for not being able to keep them in the Goldilocks zone of not too dry and flooded. It was a happy surprise for me when I got my first Cisco spec atty and discovered that I had no problems at all keeping it correctly saturated.

You don't need a low resistance atty for VV or VW devices. The standard resistance with give you a broad range of power choices. Mad Vapes is listed on Vision's site as their U.S. contact.

If you find that you like dripping but don't care for the process of manually dripping you might want to take a look at the new Vision Aurora which comes with rebuildable heads. They should have them in three weeks or so. If you like the Aurora you might want to look into getting a bottom feeder like the VMOD, Reo or Bogger Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread