Want to get my GF into vaping, but .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPTreeBanger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Paltz
....... I'm afraid if she tries out the wrong one, she will be turned off by it right away. Not like I or I'm sure all of you out there, who kept trying different models, reading up on this forum, and not afraid to try out new ones. It has to be fairly simple but with a nice hit that would replicate analog as much as possible ... and also, streamlined -- nothing boxy or too big --- Am I asking for too wide a parameter .. ?
I have seen in my here n there search some that look good, but don't know how they perform ...... She tried my Inferno, but doesn't like messing with whats involved in filling it ... so maybe something that can take a prefilled carto ? Idk --- I just enjoy it so much, I'd love to be able to pass it on to her too --
Thank you in advance :)

kerrysko

Sep 22, 2013
Orlando, FL, USA
Yes, a simple ego set up. And don't try to imitate the taste of cigarettes. Let her try the fruits, the coffees, whatever varieties you have available. My husband switched to e-cigs three years ago and couldn't get me on board until this past summer. I hate the tobacco flavors, but love the fruits and butterscotch. I hope she gives it a fair try! I switched over inside of a week and would never consider going back to smoking now!

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Doesn't seem to be a main body/battery size issue. What system are you using on the top for atomizer/tank/carto…..?
Sounds like she likes the ease of opening a pack of cigs-lighting it-smoking it and putting it out. The hardest personality set to help to the other side.

You may end up doing a small tank set up :nun:with some juice she loves…..gotta find that flavor:w00t:. Once you get these 2 things figured out (tank/juice), you'll have to get multiples of said set up and do the fill yourself….for her. Then you slowly teach her how to clean/fill/purchase them herself.

??????? searching for words to help

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I wouldn't try to replicate the flavor of an analog, but maybe the experience. For that I would suggest either the Halo G6 setup or the Joyetech eRoll. Both have strong user camps for the "feel" of them compared to analogs. They both, of course, have pros and cons. The biggest being that neither of them is 510, Halo is 808 and eRoll is proprietary, so they would NOT necessarily be a long term solution, rather just an interim transitory solution to get her to make the crossover. Once she does, she will likely want a bigger/better/prettier setup. Just my :2c: ... YMMV!

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
My suggestion for a beginner is a couple ego twists 1100 mah and protank or t3s. Maybe even 2 or 3 t3s. Hubby didnt like refilling during the day (till i got him an rda) so he would carry a couple full ones during the day and i would refill at night. He would carry a small bottle of juice just in case but never really needed it.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Simple ego set up... Worked for me

Imotion 3 3000 mAh Protank 2

DruidPriest

I agree with the Ego/Protank2 (i'd go with the Mini though). 2.6 ohm. As well, the Ego-C Upgrade battery has the ability to run in unregulated mode which is nice. It makes it just a little hotter or a draw and a little more like a cigarette.

NPTreeBanger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Paltz

This seems like it might work... and you get two ! And, correct me if I'm wrong but, these can be used later with the larger atomizers/refillable cartridges. Possibly could create a nice "graduation" into bigger and better things ?
OR Lol as Masterchief said -- I could end up with another "backup". :)

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
What about going the Kamry K100 or K101 route?

I see the advice regarding ego+Protank... but the Protanks need to be filled.. and that takes a special talent to not get juice in the tube... they can get gurgly, and leak, and need heads replaced yadda yadda yadda... the things that are fun to us, are a chore to someone who is not at all interested. I would go with a carto for sure. Not even a carto tank, but straight cartos.

If she starts running out of juice when you're not around, she can change the carto easily enough. Then... as a surprise gift, you can get her a carto tank..

As long as you set the Kamry up the first time, it would be a breeze... and they are pretty!

NPTreeBanger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Paltz
I will have a look at the Kamry --- being unfamiliar myself I will get a read on it -- is that like a copy of sorts of the eGo ? Actually because of you all ... I am looking at the eGo for myself -- just as an aside ! --- I am completely unfamiliar with either of these.

But just the shape of them --- you know, it might "look" more appealing to her. She saw my MVP I have ordered, and DEF DID NOT want that. Lol ! But these look like they will do for a first ..

Oh, I wanted to say to those that took my original post as like I wanted to copy the analog ciggy's --- I didn't mean in an overall way.... I guess mostly aesthetically and as close to simplicity as possible. And you all must know ..... I did NOT want one of those quik-mart specials to be her first !!

I appreciate all of the help ! I am new here, and I am still sort of grasping just how large (and helpful) this particular community is here. Its great to have found all of you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread