Wanted a Mod Stand, but I'm cheap. Sooooooooo.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomCloud

Nov 2, 2013
Chicago, Il.
Took a stab at making my own.

I saw a few mod Stands that I really liked, but I was on the fence about buying one. Then I was looking at some and thought to myself that I can try to make my own and customize it the way I wanted for my needs.

So while at work, I took old wood from a couple of pallets and brought them home.

Now, I'm not a woodworker by any means, and I'm lucky I have SOME tools. but here's my attempt:

pallet stand.jpg pallet stand 2.jpg

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Thanks.

Still a work in progress. Have to make a space for my MVP, and still more sanding and finishing work.

The key to any woodworking project is the sanding and the finish. I'd do an extra-fine sanding on it, and then use an oil based finish, which will help repel juice. Maybe even give it a good waxing. :)

TheVapingJester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Jackson Missouri
Looks like your off to a great start! I just started planning one out to build for myself soon. I am going to build it with future purchases in mind, so my devices feel like they have their own hotel rooms! :) And, not only did you save some dough by building it yourself, I am sure you also made some extra slots, so when it's done you will get to fill that puppy up with.....MORE GREAT TOYS!!!!!!!:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread