WARNING!! DUI from mentholated e-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Good to know. Wonder if it would be enough to show on a blood draw?

that is a verry good questions. i will try my best to determine that this month. my friend is very good at chemistry, he can help me with it.

If there are any chemistry students on the forums, or chemists, it would be awesome if you could give us your opinion on this.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I feel that the zero tolerance 0.00% is incredibly outdated. there are so many factors that throw off alchohol tests. cough syrup, mouthwash, dieting, being alive, ecigs! having a 0.01 is extremely common. i think it should be 0.04 for minors realistically but in a perfect world 0.08 should be the limit across the board for dui. if your not within the contrived bac of being impaired, what is the point? you are considered slightly impaired at 0.04. 0.01 is not impaired and irrelevant.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I feel that the zero tolerance 0.00% is incredibly outdated. there are so many factors that throw off alchohol tests. cough syrup, mouthwash, dieting, being alive, ecigs! having a 0.01 is extremely common. i think it should be 0.04 for minors realistically but in a perfect world 0.08 should be the limit across the board for dui. if your not within the contrived bac of being impaired, what is the point? you are considered slightly impaired at 0.04. 0.01 is not impaired and irrelevant.

sory guys, i just reaized. i dont want the tread to turn into a debate, i just want it to be informational. i appologize for the heated opinionated comments i made in this post haha.

if you have any information on alchohol in ejuice and Blood Alcohol Content, please post! :)

JustMe2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Southern Arizona
hello guys,
i am an avid vaper. im 19 years old from the US, i love RDA's with mechs, love blowin clouds, love not smoking analogs.

the officer told me to step out of the car because he smelled "alcohol". He asked me to do a few testes, i passed them all.

Were your friends drinking? I'm mean did he really smell alcohol coming from the car?

I need to calm down, hearing stuff like this really misses me of pisser!!

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Were your friends drinking? I'm mean did he really smell alcohol coming from the car?

I need to calm down, hearing stuff like this really misses me of pisser!!

no he didnt. that is another factor in this case. there was no way he could have smelled alcohol. unless just from the ecig?

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Abstract, hang in there and don't give up on this one! If for no other reason, your insurance will skyrocket for years with a dui on your license. I am relieved to know that you have good information and sound legal advice. Now let's hope you don't have a big jerk for a judge...or you don't have to go to court at all.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Abstract, hang in there and don't give up on this one! If for no other reason, your insurance will skyrocket for years with a dui on your license. I am relieved to know that you have good information and sound legal advice. Now let's hope you don't have a big jerk for a judge...or you don't have to go to court at all.

thanks everyone for their support!!

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
Did the DA tell you that you wouldn't need a lawyer in order to beat the ticket? Don't believe it!!! I would get one pronto. Like others have said, a DUI has long term consequences on lots of other things besides your driving record.

ETA: This happened to my son (not a dui though). He went to court to request a continuance so he could get a lawyer and was granted it. He was talking to the DA after court and the DA told him, don't worry, you can beat this yourself. Well, if that were true, why didn't the DA drop the charges? My son decided to not waste the money after calling around and getting some quotes, and he lost his case and his license for 12 months.

A lawyer will probably talk to the DA in the courtroom before the case is called and get it thrown out after he shows all the evidence you have, and you will probably think, 'Why did I waste my money for something so simple?' If you try to present it yourself, you will lose. Don't do it.

Last edited:

Zwilks14

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Boston,ma
I have a CDL class A, every single company I have ever worked for the only acceptable BAC is 0.00! You drive an 80,000lb vehicle, you better not have ANY alcohol in your system!

I live in Massachusetts, and the law here is the same as danca90 posted when you have a cdl. Even in your personal car on a Saturday evening. .04 , anything over and your getting cuffed n stuffed. I personally think it's horsesh*+ , as I have a cdl, and feel that if I'm not at work, and I'm driving in my car, that I can't legally blow a .08 like everyone else. But anyways back on to the op, good luck buddy I hope u beat the case, and get some $$$ for the inconvience.

Ranic85

Moved On
Sep 12, 2013
Earth
I am not really sure about this "menthol testing positive for alcohol." I have a friend that works for the copper mine here. They do breath tests all the time, and he vapes Thug Juice (menthol) from MBV. He has never failed a breathe test. I have worked in the mines here too, and MSHA does do regular check ups on mine operations very often.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
In Arizona, the very first line of the DUI law reads like this:

A. It is unlawful for a person to drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle in this state under any of the following circumstances:

1. While under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance or any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances if the person is impaired to the slightest degree.

A .01 will definitely get you popped and towed. It's insane. And we have mandatory DUI sentencing, too, so if you lose, you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread